Found an online resource you want to share with other parents? Enter the link below!
Most Recent Support Resources
- The Caregiver's Notebook gives those who care for someone with multiple needs a handy place to organize information.
- Raising a child with significant special or medical needs is challenging. Have you stopped to think about how that challenge is effecting your relationship with your spouse or partner?
- Catherine presented at the Stanford MedX conference in 2013 about her place as a mother who fights for her children, manages their health care and finds ways to encourage communication between professionals and patients. Her presentation is a must-read for mothers of special needs children everywhere!
- This blog focuses on the Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) for visually impaired students and how to implement it into everyday life. There are posts with topics on all aspects of the ECC and for a range of vision impairments, ages and abilities.
- Parent Advocates for Visually Impaired Children (PAVIC) is a large support network for parents and families of children who are blind or visually impaired.
- NAPVI is a national organization that enables parents to find information and resources for their children who are blind or visually impaired, including those with additional disabilities. NAPVI provides leadership, support, and training to assist parents in helping children reach their full potential.
- MUMS is a national Parent-to-Parent organization for parents or care providers of a child with any disability, rare or not so rare disorder, chromosomal abnormality or health condition. MUMS' main purpose is to provide support to parents in the form of a networking system that matches them with other parents whose children have the same or similar condition.
- FamilyConnect is an online, multimedia community created by the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) and the National Association for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments (NAPVI). This site gives parents of visually impaired children a place to support each other, share stories and concerns, and links to local resources.
- Founded in 1983, the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children is a national membership organization of parents and friends of blind children reaching out to each other to give vital support, encouragement, and information.