Found an online resource you want to share with other parents? Enter the link below!
Most Recent Resources
- The SAMi is a new device that lets parents monitor children with sleep issues while not having to be right in the room themselves. It’s an infrared device that is placed in the child’s bedroom and connected wirelessly to an iOS device, such as an iPod or iPhone.
- The Anova Center for Education offers behavior analysis, early intervention, paraprofessional, and in-home support in 15 counties across California. The "Anova Method of Education" incorporates a comprehensive and simultaneous application of essential treatment modalities.
- Bethel China, an organization that provides foster care and education for children in China from orphanages who are blind or visually impaired, recently published a new eBook that will help you navigate your journey of adoption.
- This post written by devoted mummy Cecily Morrison talks about her life with her visually impaired son Ronan. She discusses the soundtrack she creates for her little boy's life, an automatically added plethora of sound effects to accompany all aspects of the day-to-day running of life.
- Without reliable access to clear visual information, children who are visually impaired must rely on additional modes of learning, such as through touch and auditory information. So what do you do with a child who will only sing and is reluctant to explore objects with her hands?
- At The Inspired Treehouse, we believe that with a little help, kids can build strong, healthy bodies and minds through play. We are moms and pediatric therapists who are passionate about creating activities and sharing knowledge to promote development and wellness in kids.
- This resource provides a wealth of rich learning opportunities and a cross curricular approach. Learn how to make your own Post Office and find ideas for additional related activities!
- Cecily Morrison examines the many happy faces of her lovely son Ronan and how paying very close attention to his array of beautiful smiles has helped her understand her son much more!
- This article looks at a day out with my daughter Scarlett and the potential hazards faced! It also looks at how a day planned by a Visual Impairment Charity helps to reduce these problems. I explore the particular defenses Scarlett has adopted independently and how I can help her do these things so that we ALL have much nicer day out.
- Dr. Mark Borchert at Children's Hospital Los Angeles directs the world's largest study in optic nerve hypoplasia (ONH). Check out our website for helpful FAQs, upcoming events, academic publications, national resources, and more.
- My son Jaxon was born with bilateral corneal clouding. We have been through a lot with this little man and I wrote a blog post about some of the things that have helped me along the way.
- Cecily Morrison writes about her son Ronan, who has anophthalmia. She explains what anophthalmia is and describes his treatment in detail. They are expanding his eye socket so that a prosthesis can be worn later. The expansion also helps his face grow evenly.