Shared by Stefanie Cloutier
For kids who enjoy arts and crafts, this is a great kit. And it’s a great way to put a positive spin on vision loss by celebrating braille.
The beads are small plastic rectangles with braille on one side and print letters on the other, with holes for threading. There are also image beads including a flower, peace sign, heart and circle.
Children can create personalized art objects while promoting this very important communication vehicle. Plus the activity itself teaches planning, organizing, sorting, and fine motor skills.
The starter kit includes:
- Necklace, Bracelet, and Fob Assortment Pack
- Braille Beads Pack (red, yellow, blue, green, orange, pink, white, black)
- Pony Beads Pack (red, yellow, blue, green, orange, pink, white, black)
- Clear adhesive braille labels
- Bejeweled with Braille: Instructions for Making Braille Jewelry, Large Print, Braille, and on CD-ROM
It might be a little pricey for a bead kit, but you won’t find this anywhere else. For all the information, including how to order, go here.