7 Best Pack ‘N Play Mattresses of 2022
Pack ‘n plays can be a lifesaver for parents. They work as a portable crib and playpen that you can take along to the babysitter’s or for overnight trips. But you may have noticed that the standard pack ‘n play mattresses don’t exactly provide optimal comfort for sleeping.
Even the best pack ‘n plays come with a thin, firm mattress that may not be as comfortable for your baby as their normal crib mattress. And there’s nothing worse than having your baby toss and turn in their crib all night while you’re on vacation.
Fortunately, there are many pack ‘n play mattresses you can purchase separately that will make your baby or toddler feel a little more at home—and hopefully help you to get a good night of sleep. Some of these mattresses are more like a standard crib mattress, others fold for portability, and some are made from soft memory foam.
We’ve looked at price, quality, safety, and convenience to round up the best pack ‘n play mattresses of 2022.
Top 7 Picks
1. Milliard Memory Foam Pack ‘N Play Mattress Topper
- Give your child a better night’s sleep – designed just like the memory foam toppers on adult beds to provide the soft contouring comfort that relieves your little’s one’s body, reduces tossing and turning, and ensures a more restful and less interrupted sleep.
- Complementary cover – features a hypoallergenic cover that’s removable and washable so you never have to worry about accidents and keeping your topper clean.
- Highest quality foam – constructed of 2-inch-thick, luxurious, 100% memory foam with a premium 2.5 lb. density so that it will last for years without losing shape. Milliard Memory Foam is CertiPUR-US certified and is ventilated for optimal cooling relief.
- Travel savvy – features a unique Roll-N-Carry feature for maximum ease when traveling with it or storing.
If you’re looking for a soft memory foam mattress for your pack ‘n play, the Milliard Memory Foam Pack ‘N Play Mattress Topper is a convenient option. This one is simple and easy to use, and even rolls up for storage. A carrying strap makes travel easy with this mattress topper, too.
This memory foam mattress is designed to fit all standard sized pack ‘n plays, including the Graco pack ‘n play. The memory foam is ventilated and very soft, so your toddler will stay comfortable and cool as they sleep. It also comes with a removable, machine washable mattress cover.
Keep in mind that this soft foam mattress is best for toddlers over age 1 since young babies need a firm mattress for safe sleep. And while the cover is machine washable, it’s not waterproof, so you’ll want to purchase a waterproof mattress protector.
2. Hiccapop Pack and Play Mattress Pad
The Hiccapop Pack and Play Mattress Pad is designed to grow with your child. It has two sides—a firm side for young babies and a soft memory foam side for toddlers. At 3.25 inches thick, this one is softer and more comfortable than the standard pack ‘n play mattress, but still firm for safe sleeping.
Not only is this foam mattress comfortable, but it fits well with no gaps in the standard Graco and Baby Trend play yards. It also comes with a waterproof, machine washable cover for easy cleaning. This pack ‘n play mattress is made well overall, so it should last you through the toddler years.
One thing to note is that the firm side is still a bit soft for newborns, so make sure your baby can lift their head easily if you’re using this mattress for sleep. It also doesn’t roll up or fold for travel, which might be a dealbreaker if you travel frequently.
3. Hiccapop Tri-Fold Pack and Play Mattress
If you plan on traveling frequently with your pack ‘n play, you’ll want something that can be easily transported. The Hiccapop Tri-Fold Pack and Play Mattress is similar to their standard pack ‘n play mattress, but it folds easily and comes with a carrying bag. It also still comes with a firm side and a soft side, so it will grow with your child.
This pack ‘n play mattress is well-made overall and fits most standard pack ‘n plays. It also comes with a waterproof cover that doesn’t make any crinkly noises when your baby rolls around.
Again, while the firm side is better for young babies, it still may be a little soft for newborns. It’s also a little thinner than the standard Hiccapop pack and play mattress and 2.25 inches thick. Overall, this play yard mattress is nice quality, convenient, and worth the extra expense.
4. Dream On Me 3” Breathable Portable Crib Mattress (Best for Newborns)
- General Note: Please allow 24 – 72 hours for your Mattress to regain its full shape. Any memory foam will expand faster in a warmer room. In cold temperature, at delivery, your mattress may take a bit longer to return to full sized from its compressed state.The expansion time of the mattress will vary as per the surrounding.
- SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS: This mattress is Greenguard Gold Certified to ensure the highest level of health, safety and peace of mind; All our mattresses are CPSC tested and pass all flammability tests (16 CFR 1632 /1633) phthalate, lead and toxicity tests.A HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT: Reinforced, waterproof and vinyl cover and lock-stitched binding help resist liquids from seeping in; Easy to maintain – simply wipe clean with mild soap and water
- 2-IN-1 MATTRESS: The white infant side is covered with breathflow material; the white embossed toddler side has a waterproof cover with lock stitch seams; Two Certi-Pur certified layers promote airflow and provide cushioned comfort
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: This mattress fits standard size portable and mini cribs and the Mattress dimensions is 38L x 24W x 3H inches; Square corners ensure snug fit
Like many parents, you’re probably concerned about creating a safe sleeping environment for your newborn. The Dream On Me 3” Breathable Portable Crib Mattress will allow you to rest assured knowing your newborn is well supported as they sleep. Unlike soft memory foam mattresses, this one is very firm, so you don’t have to worry about your baby sinking down into the mattress.
This pack ‘n play mattress comes with a quiet waterproof cover that won’t wake your baby when they move around in their sleep. Plus, it’s very affordable and fits well in major standard sized playards.
Unfortunately, if you plan on traveling with your pack ‘n play, this mattress doesn’t come with a carrying bag or fold up for easy storage. But if safe sleep is your primary concern, this is one of the safest options for newborns you can find.
5. Vibe Bear 3” Foam Pack ‘n Play Mattress
- 【No Gaps-Fits All 38″ x 26″ Playards Perfectly】：Use hand sewing techniques to fit snugly into all 38 “x26” playard every time. No risk of unsafe spaces or lost pacifiers, toys, or stuffed animals at the sides or corners of this playard mattress topper.
- 【Fine Design – Sturdy Support】 Made of sturdy premium foam, soft and firm. Better support and stability when baby turns over, prevent baby from causing the edge to sink, preventing the risk of body injury and choking.
- 【Quiet and Odorless】 Whether playing or sleeping, this Pack N Play Mattresses Topper will not make annoying sounds and emit pungent odors, bringing better sleep to your baby’s best company.
- 【Easy to use】Cut the packing bag with scissors (Be careful, do not cut to the mattress topper). The elasticity of the mattress Topper will be quickly restored to 90%-95% within 72 hours, and a gently pat is also acceptable. Resting it for 3-5 days, the elasticity of the mattress Topper will be fully restored to normal usage.
The Vibe Bear 3” Foam Pack ‘n Play Mattress is another firm mattress for newborns. This one looks more like a standard crib mattress than most other options, but it fits well in standard sized pack ‘n plays at 38 by 26 inches. It’s firm but still comfortable for your baby with a little bit of bounce—and you don’t have to worry about them sinking into the mattress like with memory foam.
This 3 inch thick mattress is more comfortable than the standard play yard mattresses. It’s also affordable and has a cute design (with three options to choose from). If you have a newborn, this is a solid option.
Keep in mind that this is another play yard mattress that wasn’t really designed with travel in mind. It doesn’t fold up or come with a carrying bag for portability. You’ll also notice that it comes vacuum sealed, so don’t panic, and just give it a few days to expand to its normal size after purchasing.
6. Dream On Me On-The-Go Tri-Fold Playard Mattress
- EXCELLENT SUPPORT: Safe, convenient and mobile, this perfect playmat offers a firm fiber core foundation and excellent support for your baby.
- A HEALTHY BABY ENVIRONMENT: The Dream On Me On-The-Go Trifold Playmat creates a healthy indoor environment for your child as it is Greenguard Gold certified.
- SAFETY FIRST: The Dream On Me On-The-Go Trifold Playmat is JPMA Certified and tested to pass all flammability tests (16 CFR 1632 /1633) assuring maximum safety.
- EASY TO STORE & CLEAN: The Dream On Me On-The-Go Trifold Playmat folds compactly in the free carry bag provided. Simply unfold and use! This playmat also comes with a waterproof cover that easily wipes clean with warm water and mild soap.
The Dream On Me On-The-Go Tri-Fold Playard Mattress is convenient, affordable, and safe for your baby, making it one of the best overall pack ‘n play mattresses. It folds for easy storage and comes with a travel bag, and it’s firm enough for young babies to use.
So you know your baby will sleep safely with this pack ‘n play mattress, it’s Greenguard Gold certified, JPMA certified, and non-toxic. Plus, it fits perfectly in standard pack ‘n plays, including the Graco pack ‘n play. It also comes with a waterproof cover for easy cleaning. And as an added bonus, Dream On Me has a 10 year warranty on their mattresses.
While this pack ‘n play mattress is rather firm, keep in mind that this provides the support newborns require for safe sleeping. And even though it’s firm, this is still a comfortable mattress compared to the standard pack ‘n play mattresses.
7. Springspirit Foldable Pack ‘n Play Mattress
- Comfortable Sleeping: Smooth bamboo jacquard surface, naturally, breathable cover is skin-friendly for baby and made up with high density foam, it designed with air bleed to effective airflow and reduce body heat, SPRINGSPIRIT playard mattress topper will perfectly balance between firm support and soft comfort. And Its intended for toddlers above two years old.
- Tri-Fold Mattress for Pack N Play: Tri-fold design allows you to easily fold up your mattress, so you can easy to use, store and travel with. Measures 38 x 26 inch with rounded corners to make sure the mattress for pack and play can perfectly universal fit.
- Non-slip Backing Design: Folding playard mattresses with non-skid gripping dots ensure the mattress stays in place. Since the product can be also used without a playard as well for the perfect baby sleeping mat.
- Removable and Waterproof Zippered Cover: Removable soft OEKO-TEX standard 100 certified cover with smooth bamboo surface and TPU waterproof layer that can be washable and extremely soft to the touch for your baby, you never have to worry about accidents and keeping your mattress clean.
Another tri-fold pack ‘n play mattress to consider is the Springspirit Foldable Pack ‘n Play Mattress. This convenient option comes with a travel bag and waterproof cover that’s removable for washing. It has a snug and secure fit in standard pack ‘n plays, including the Graco pack ‘n play.
This pack ‘n play mattress comes with a non-slip backing and OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified mattress cover with a bamboo surface and waterproof layer. It’s also made from a breathable high density foam mattress that will keep your little one comfortable as they sleep.
Something to keep in mind is that this one is a bit thinner than other play yard mattresses at about 2 inches thick. And since newborns need a firm mattress for safe sleep, this one is better for toddlers over age 1.
Overall, the best pack ‘n play mattress in 2022 is the Dream On Me On-The-Go Tri-Fold Playard Mattress. When it comes down to price, quality, convenience, and safety, this one is our top pick.
Here’s a breakdown of why we chose this as the best pack ‘n play mattress all around:
- Price. As far as price goes, this is a nice middle-of-the-road option. It’s not the cheapest on the list, but sometimes it’s worth paying a bit extra for a quality product.
- Quality. This pack ‘n play mattress is well-made with a durable vinyl cover. It even comes with a 10 year warranty.
- Convenience. The tri-fold design and carrying bag make this perfect for travel. The waterproof cover makes it easy to clean, too.
- Safety. Since it’s Greenguard Gold certified, JPMA certified, and non-toxic, you can rest well knowing your baby is safe sleeping on this pack ‘n play mattress. It provides a firm but comfortable surface that’s safe for newborns to sleep on as well.
What are important safety considerations for a pack ‘n play mattress?
To make sure your baby has a safe sleep environment, you’ll need to first make sure that your playpen mattress has a snug fit. If it’s too small or too big, it could create a suffocation hazard for your baby, so check the dimensions before you make a purchase. Additionally, crib mattresses should always be firm for infants under 1 year of age. Only use a fitted pack ‘n play sheet and remove any loose blankets and pillows at bedtime.