The 5 Best Breast Milk Storage Bags of 2024
- Breast milk storage bags are great for collecting and storing breast milk safely.
- They’re an excellent space saver for your fridge and freezer if you’re storing breast milk for long-term use.
- Bags that attach directly to your breast pump make it even easier for busy moms to pump and store.
If you’re preparing to head back to work but you want to keep breastfeeding your baby, good breast milk storage bags are a must-have.
These easy-to-use, sterile, and space-saving bags let you collect, label, and store your precious breast milk. They also make it easy to transport your milk to your baby’s childcare setting so that you don’t have to stop giving your baby breastmilk once they start daycare.
As with all things baby, there are many brands to choose from, though not all breastmilk storage bags are alike. Take a look at our guide to the most trusted and best breast milk storage bags of 2023.
Ameda Pump N’ Protect Breastmilk Storage Bags: Best Overall
- Protect your Liquid Gold: Ameda breastmilk storage bag is pre-sterilized featuring an easy-close, double zip seal to prevent breast milk leakage during storage and transportation. Easy side pour helps prevent spills while transferring milk from bag to bottle with these breastfeeding supplies
- Easy Storage: Pump ‘N Protect Resealable Breast Milkstorage Bag is built strong with reinforced side seams for ultimate protection. Designed to store flat in the freezer, these breast milk bags for freezing save space and protect your precious breast milk
- Secure & Safe: Presterilized for safe storage for fridge or freezer and BPA free for baby safety. Durable, strong, and flexible storage solution designed to lay flat for fast freezing and thawing to protect precious breast milk vitamins and nutrients
- Save Time & Pump Directly into Bag: Pump directly into Ameda Pump ‘N Protect breast milk storing containers for convenience and reduced waste. Easy to use with a write-on label, stand or lay flat for compact storage
The reasonably priced Ameda Pump N’ Protect Breastmilk Storage Bags are a reliable choice for storing your precious breast milk.
They have a double zipper lock to avoid leakage when you’re transporting milk. The gusseted bottom means they’re free-standing which helps avoid spills when you’re transferring from pump to bag or bag to bottle.
Ameda bags lie flat in the freezer so they take up little space while safely storing your frozen supply. If you have a compatible Ameda pump, you can also pump directly into the bag, eliminating the need for extra cleaning and sterilizing.
These BPA-free bags are a reliable favorite of many moms because they do exactly what you need them to at a reasonable price.
Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags: Best Basic Storage Bags
- SUPER STRONG- Designed with double sealed side seams and a double zipper to protect and freeze breastmilk
- SAFE BREASTMILK STORAGE- Our storage bags are presterilized and BPA/BPS free with a tamper-evident, fully sealed tear-away top for safety
- SAVE TIME- Pump directly into the bags using your Lansinoh pump or most major pump brands using our Lansinoh pump-into-bag adapter (sold separately)
- EASY TO USE- Each bag has a large write-on label at the top plus a convenient pour spout
When in doubt, these Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags are a reliable choice for your breast milk storage needs.
Lansinoh has long been a trusted name. Many moms have relied on these bags to get them through their first months of breastfeeding.
These lay-flat bags are easy to store in your fridge or freezer. They have clear markings and an easy-to-write-on label. The pour spout prevents spillage, although they’re not truly stand-alone and so they can be a little tricky to use.
The top of each bag has a perforated safety seal to let you know the bag is sterile and hygienic. However, this means you’ll be opening the top perforation every time you use one, which adds an extra step to the process.
Finally, the bags are also compatible with Lansinoh pumps, so that you can pump directly into the bag, eliminating extra hassle.
Medela Pump & Save Breast Milk Storage Bags: Best Pump and Store Brand
- Compatible with Medela Pump in Style Advanced, Swing, Harmony, and Symphony breast pumps only
- Easy connect adapter seamlessly attaches to your breast shield for easy pumping directly into the bags
- Engineered to minimize spills, leaks, and other common frustrations when storing breast milk. An easy to close zipper top and stand up bottom saves space and provides convenient options for simple storing
- Protective oxygen barrier preserves all the essential nutrients that your liquid gold provides to your baby making these bags great for refrigerator and/or freezer storage
Many moms swear by their Medela products for everything to do with breastfeeding. If you’re a Medela fan and own one of their pumps, these compatible Medela Pump & Save Breast Milk Storage Bags may be your best bet for storing milk.
They’re made of double-layered plastic, have a resealable zip, and are designed to lay flat in your freezer. Some moms find that they don’t stand or pour as well as other bags that also have those features built-in.
However, being able to pump directly into the bag is key, especially for busy moms.
The Medela bags are also smaller than other brands. This is a plus if you only want to freeze or defrost small quantities of milk.
These bags are more expensive than others, but for the name and quality that you can trust, they’re worth it, especially if they attach to your pump.
Momcozy Silicone Breastmilk Storage Bags: Best Reusable Milk Storage Bags
- REUSABLE SILICONE STORAGE BAGS – Food grade silicone material, BPA Free, material one-piece molding – no breaks. Silicone Milk Storage Bags are an alternative to disposable milk storage bags that can save you more money every year.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL COMPATIBLE STORAGE – Momcozy silicone milk storage bag can store liquid, mushy food, such as juice and rice cereal, puree, ect. You can also easily turn it into other storage bags, as well as ice packs or hand warmers.
- KNOB CAP DESIGN – Strong seal, easy to pour milk from breast pump, 100% no leak. The momcozy silicone milk storage bag can be stored in the refrigerator and freezer, flat or upright, saving space and keeping it neat.
- EASY TO USE – Unscrew the knob cap, pour breastmilk into the bag and tighten the knob cap. After storage, when you are ready to use, put the bag in warm water to warm the milk and drink it, it is easy to operate.
For parents who prefer an eco-friendly, reusable alternative to single-use plastic storage bags, these Momcozy Silicone Breastmilk Storage Bags are a great choice.
Durable silicone is freezer, dishwasher, and sterilizer safe. The twist cap and no leak sides are guaranteed to take good care of your breastmilk.
Moms love that they’re easy to clean, even with a bottle brush. Their use beyond weaning as containers for baby food and toddler drinks means that you can use these again and again for years.
Compared to traditional, single-use disposable bags, these are expensive. So if your goal is to build up a long-term supply of frozen breastmilk, these may not be cost-effective.
Otherwise, for daily use, these storage bags are environmentally conscious and a smart and safe way to store your breastmilk.
Nanobebe Breastmilk Storage Bags: Best for Tracking Supply
- NO-MESS MILK STORAGE – Fit the whole family’s food in the freezer again! Declutter with your 10-count refill of stackable breast milk savers, specially designed to stack evenly inside nanobébé’s “first in, first out” vertical breastmilk storage container or for use on their own.
- BULK BREASTMILK BAGS – Rather than stress about running out of breast pump bags, plan ahead and cherish more bonding moments during infant feeding. Stocking up on breastfeeding storage bags saves you much-needed mommy time and creates future peace of mind!
- PROTECTS MILK NUTRITION – Count on nanobébé when mealtime arrives. Our breast milk storage bags defrost and warm 2 times faster than standard freezer bags to preserve the powerful, unique-to-you nutrients within your breastmilk!
- TRUSTED, TEARPROOF BREASTFEEDING BAGS – From bottles to breast milk bags, Rely on us for leak-free infant feeding. Your nursing bags’ extra thick, double zipper, BPA-free material won’t puncture or tear
Nanobebe Breastmilk Storage Bags have a completely different design to most breastmilk storage bags. The rounded bean shape lets them lay flat on top of each other like slim discs in your freezer.
Put the bags in the Nanobebe freezer organizer and you can easily track which bag to take next. You can use a “first in, first out” system without having to fumble with checking the dates on all your bags.
- MOM’S CHOICE – Enhance your breastfeeding experience with the award-winning breast milk bag and storage duo from nanobébé! Each premium quality bag stores up to 5 ounces of breastmilk and stacks flat to maximize space in your freezer or fridge!
- PRESERVE BREASTMILK NUTRITION – Count on nanobébé when mealtime arrives. Our breast milk storage bags defrost and warm 2 times faster than standard freezer bags to preserve the powerful and unique nutrients within your breastmilk!
- SMART STORAGE & SCHEDULING – Conveniently stack breast milk savers flat and evenly to reduce clutter in the freezer and keep track of your pumping order.
- TRUSTED, TEARPROOF BREASTFEEDING BAGS – Your nursing bags’ extra thick, pre-sterilized medical grade BPA-free material won’t puncture or tear.
The round shape provides greater surface area for faster and more even thawing, heating, and freezing, which Nanobebe says preserves nutrients better.
This is an innovative approach to breast milk storage, but the extra plastic holder and extra thick plastic bags don’t check the eco-friendly boxes you might be looking for.
Reusable vs Disposable Breast Milk Storage Bags
Before deciding whether to use reusable or disposable breast milk storage bags, consider how frequently you’ll be using the bags and what you’ll need to use them for.
What Are Breast Milk Storage Bags?
Breast milk storage bags are designed for the safe and easy preservation and storage of your breast milk.
They’re slim and light, so they take up much less space than other containers in your fridge or freezer, especially if you are planning to freeze and store a lot of milk in preparation for going back to work.
They’re also hygienic. You can be assured every time you use a new bag that it’s sterile and safe to use for your baby’s milk.
Are All Breast Milk Storage Bags Disposable?
Most breast milk storage bags on the market are for single use only. After they’ve done their job storing your milk and you’ve fed your baby, they’re thrown away.
Most storage bags are not designed to be washed, sterilized and reused. The reason for this is safety. Breast milk, like any food product, is susceptible to bacterial contamination.
It’s generally considered safest to use these bags once to collect your breast milk, freeze it and store it, defrost it into a bottle, and then dispose of it to reduce the chance of any bacterial growth.
What Are Reusable Breast Milk Storage Bags?
As we all look to reduce our reliance on plastic, some parents may want to find an alternative to the single-use disposable breast milk storage bag.
Recyclable storage bags are an option made of plastics that are easy to recycle along with your other recyclables.
Reusable breast milk storage bags are also available; however, you may find that you will use these differently than you use traditional single-use bags.
Reusable bags are made of silicone. They’re sturdy, thick, leak-proof, and easy to clean and sterilize. When your baby is weaned, you’ll also be able to use these for so many other purposes in your kitchen.
Although these reusable bags sound like a great alternative, their cost makes them impractical if you’re building up a long-term supply of frozen milk. They’re also thick, so they take up a lot more storage space than single-use plastic bags.
Finally, reusable bags may be just what you’re looking for if you’re storing breast milk for short-term use on a daily basis. If you need to store breast milk for a long-term frozen supply, you won’t really be using and reusing bags. They’ll just be taking up space in your freezer.
What to Look for in Breast Milk Storage Bags
Although it may seem like a simple product to shop for, if you’re breastfeeding and pumping, there are a few things you’ll want to check when you’re choosing breast milk storage bags.
|Leak proof seal
|Ability to pump directly to the bag
|Shape for storage
|Compatibility with pump
|Ease of pouring
|Type of plastic
The best adaptive strollers are designed to accommodate individuals with special needs, disabilities, or mobility challenges. Find our favorites here!
Braille and Literacy, Product Reviews, Visual Impairment
Dana Meachen Rau's book, Sense of Play, follows the adventures of Chip and Joy as they play. Chip is blind, but this doesn't get in the way of their play!
Wondering whether white noise will help your little one sleep better? Here’s our guide to the best baby sound machines to help your baby fall asleep soundly.