Make Your Own Ball Pit!
Are you looking for a way to entertain your kids on a cold winter day? How about bringing the ball pit from your local arcade into your own home? You’ll be amazed how much fun you can conjure up with just a few bags of colorful balls and a bath tub!
What You’ll Need:
- A few bags of small plastic balls (available at party supply and toy stores)
- A bath tub (to play inside)
- A small kiddie pool (to play outside)
Making Your Ball Pit
Making a ball pit is so easy. Just pour a few bags of colorful balls into your bath tub, add kids, and your on your way to an afternoon full of fun!
Getting the Most Out of Your Ball Pit
There are many ways you can use a ball pit to entertain—and educate—your child. Here are some fun ideas:
- Teach your visually impaired child that things can be hidden under other things. This can be a difficult concept for a blind child to grasp, but by simply “burying” some of their favorite toys in the ball pit you can encourage them to dig and discover hidden treasure under the balls.
- Is the weather too nice to stay indoors? Why not bring the ball pit outside by filling a small kiddie pool with balls? If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can even set up a relay area in your back yard with fun activity spots: a ball pit, a pool, a small trampoline, a swing set, a sandbox, a sprinkler, or any other fun activity you can think of. Invite the whole neighborhood over for a day of summer fun!
- Fill the tub with warm water before adding the balls. Now, instead of a bubble bath you have a ball bath! Bring in some heavy toys and teach your kids about how some things float and some things sink.
Have you considered creating a sensory room or sensory space in your home? It doesn't have to be difficult or expensive. Take a look at these simple ideas.
Sensory soft play delights the senses but did you know it also helps develop your child’s physical, social, emotional, and cognitive skills, find out more.
If you're looking for resources to help your child's sensory regulation, look no further than a sensory corner! Learn how to create the perfect sensory corner.