7 Best Nursing Bras for Large Breasts in 2023
- Women with large breasts should make sure they’re wearing the right size nursing or maternity bra.
- The band of a supportive nursing bra should remain straight after clasping it shut.
- Your breasts should fit perfectly in the cups without flowing over.
Before having children, I had never heard of nursing bras. I didn’t start wearing nursing bras until I researched postpartum essentials after my first child was born. What a relief it was to find them!
Nursing bras are designed to make breastfeeding easier. Over the years, I’ve breastfed all five of my children, and each time I made sure to have nursing bras on my registries. However, I’ve realized that not all nursing bras are created equal.
Finding the right fit in a nursing bra is crucial since your breasts and nipples will likely be tender. If you have large breasts, this can make the search for the best nursing bra even more complicated. Women with large breasts need supportive bras that won’t squeeze their breasts or cause back pain.
If you’re on the hunt for the best nursing bras for large breasts, I’ve got you covered. This mom of five knows what makes a fantastic nursing bra. I’ve found that having the best supportive nursing bra for your body will make your breastfeeding journey a little easier.
Our Choice: Gratlin Women’s Plus Size Nursing Bra
- Plus Size Sports Bra: Pull-over nursing sports bra to meet active moms’ needs, large breasts are also suitable
- Wireless but Supportive: Racerback design and wide underband support you well
- All-day Comfort Cotton Fabric: Soft, breathable and stretchy cotton fabrics for comfort wear and fit
- Full Coverage Cups: Provide you with full coverage without leaking from the side, keep girls stay in place
For full-figured moms with large breasts, this bra will provide a comfortable fit you’ll love. The Gratlin Women’s Plus Size Nursing Bra is made to fit all your curves.
Both plus-size and non-plus-size moms can wear these bras. What makes them perfect for plus-size moms is the extended sizing, going up to a 48DD.
One feature I love about this nursing sports bra is the style. Instead of a clasp closure, this nursing bra style has a pull-over closure. You won’t have to hassle with any hooks or be bothered by an uncomfortable closure.
This nursing and maternity bra is stretchy and made with a cotton and spandex blend. Each cup has a plastic clip that allows the cups to pull down. The cups don’t have added padding, but moms can add their own nursing pads.
Moms with larger breasts rave about the support this sports bra provides. There’s no uncomfortable wire, yet the band stays in place and the cups give a secure fit.
Moms should know that this nursing and maternity bra has seams down the front of the cups. These seams may show through a tight-fitting shirt. However, for a sleep bra or nursing bra around the house, it’s perfect.
Motherhood Maternity Women’s Seamless Clip-Down Nursing Bra
- COMFORT AND SUPPORT – Motherhood Maternity’s Women’s Seamless Clipdown Nursing Bra is a customer favorite for both expecting and new moms. The soft fabric, seamless design, and full coverage provide comfort and support all day long.
- CONVENIENT NURSING FEATURE – The adjustable strap and clip down nursing feature offer comfort and ease for breastfeeding mothers. No need to remove the entire bra when feeding your baby.
- LIGHTLY LINED FOR COMFORT – Seamless nursing bra features lightly lined cups, providing comfort and support for average, full, and plus-sized busted women. Ribbed bottom band offers additional support.
- HOOK AND EYE CLOSURE – The bra features a hook and eye closure for a secure fit, ensuring the bra stays in place throughout the day. The removable cups allow for easy washing and flexibility in fit.
For a smooth fit that won’t show your nipples through your shirt, the Motherhood Maternity Women’s Seamless Clip Down Nursing Bra is a great choice.
I purchased this nursing bra to use while feeding my 4-month-old. I love how comfortable it is. It’s made with nylon and spandex and has a soft, stretchy feel.
The ribbed bottom band gives me just the right amount of support without riding up. The adjustable straps also help with achieving the best fit. Moms with large breasts will be thrilled to know that this bra is offered in sizes up to 44G or 46DDD.
This lightly padded bra gives just the right amount of coverage. The padding isn’t overwhelming but also is thick enough to keep your nipples from showing through. I’ve noticed that the padding helps to minimize milk leaks.
Moms should size up when purchasing this nursing bra for large breasts. Many women noted that the bra size chart was inaccurate. One size above your normal cup size should give you a perfect fit.
Suekaphin 5PACK Nursing Bra
- SUITABLE FOR MOTHER AND BABY: Our design ideas are all for mom and baby,most important for pregnancy or nursing is comfortable and convenience,not only at wearing experience but also at shopping and service process.Suekaphin nursing bra features wireless cup,adjustable straps,removable padding,one-step feeding clasp.We offered multiple colored bras in different group for choosing,include color matched extenders,no need to purchase any more accessories,all you need are in pack.
- DESIGN BOTH FOR PREGNANT AND NURSING: Our nursing bra features,WIRELESS design makes the bra very soft,it don’t stress your rib,the elastic fabric give enough supporting to breast,it will keep the shape after washing, REMOVABLE PADDING,easier to wash the padding,you also can remove it to wear as your habit.ONE-STEP FEEDING CLASP you can take off the cup separately by one step and one hand,the breastfeeding get easier and no awkward.The widen side band will conceal armpit fat,and keep close fit.
- SELECTIVE MATERIAL: The fabric is very smooth and gentle to your skin, no any irritation, the good elasticity will keep the bras shape and close fit to your body and make the bras more durable after repeated washing, furthermore, this fabric is also very breathable, you can wear it to sleeping.it also with great pilling and fading resistance, there will be no pilling and keep colored in all bras’ life time.
- COST-EFFICIENT: Easy to wash, removable padding allows you to wash padding separately.The wireless design and its material avoid deforming in repeated washing.Along with the packs there are color matched extender which allows the bras growing with your changing figure since pregnancy to breastfeeding period.
My next pick for the best nursing bra for large breasts is the Suekaphin 5PACK Nursing Bra. Who doesn’t love having a large set of bras so you don’t have to do laundry as often?
These bras come in a variety of colors and fit up to a 40DDD. Moms can choose from pretty pastels, nudes, or even dark colors like black and burgundy. The price is also excellent for a 5 pack of nursing bras for large breasts.
One of my favorite features is the removable padding. I often use these instead of nursing pads and just toss the bra in the washing machine at the end of the day. The cups are also wireless, making them very comfortable.
The band is stretchy and soft and doesn’t ride up. The entire bra is made with nylon and spandex, for a close fit. If the cups fit loosely after closing the band, simply adjust the shoulder straps.
When you wash this bra, you’ll want to remove the pads and wash them in a separate nylon bag. Many moms find that the pads come out and get lost easily in the washer and dryer.
Lataly Womens Sleeping Nursing Bra 5 Pack
- No underwire and cups that drop fully away from the breast.One-hand Access, Adjustable Shoulder Straps, Hook & Eye Closure.Easy drop cups for convenient feeding, Easy to use and discrete nursing clips.
- Breathable, ribbed gore stretches to accomodate the normal bust size fluctuations nursing moms experience
- Adjustable straps,Seamless and buttery-soft fabric that is remarkably comfortable to wear, and virtually invisible under clothing
Over 20,000 moms can’t be wrong about the Lataly Womens Sleeping Nursing Bra 5 Pack. They’re raving about how comfortable and supportive these bras are.
Moms with larger breasts can rejoice at the fact that these wireless bras come in sizes up to a 42F. The full-coverage cups are soft and supportive. These breastfeeding bras also feature removable foam padding.
Made with nylon and spandex, moms love the stretch and support the band provides. It’s comfortable enough to be a sleeping bra, but smooth enough to wear under a shirt during the day. The hook and eye closure are also easy to clip.
I love having a collection of nursing bras to be able to switch out as needed in the early days of breastfeeding. This 5 pack is a great value and comes in many colors. I do wish they were machine washable, however.
Kindred Bravely Sublime Support Low Impact Nursing & Maternity Sports Bra
- SIZING NOTE – Our nursing bras are designed to have a snug fit. If you’re between sizes, or prefer a looser fit, we recommend sizing up.
- EXCLUSIVE BUSTY SIZING – Our fan-favorite Sublime Low Impact Nursing Sports Bra is now available in our exclusive Busty sizing, made specifically for women with F cups and above. This full coverage nursing bra was designed for women with large breasts and features expanded fabric in the cups for additional coverage. Busty sizes also have slightly wider straps for better weight distribution and a tighter knit fabric to provide added support for larger breasts.
- GREAT FOR ACTIVE MOMS – Supportive without being too tight, this racerback maternity sports bra is the ideal partner for your postpartum transition back to your active lifestyle. Perfect for walking, Pilates, barre, hiking, and other light-impact activities like yoga, this nursing bra is made of breathable, sweat-wicking material that will keep you comfortable and dry throughout your workout.
- GREAT SUPPORT AND MAXIMUM VERSATILITY – This bra is proof that nursing sports bras can be functional and beautiful. With a supportive elastic chest band, front adjustable straps, and removable padding, this is the full coverage nursing bra you’ve been searching for. Easy, one-handed clip-down cups make the transition from exercising to breastfeeding simple and quick – because hungry babies don’t like to wait!
Active moms, my next pick is for you. The Kindred Bravely Sublime Support Low Impact Nursing & Maternity Sports Bra is the best nursing sports bra for large breasts on the market.
You won’t have to give up exercise while pregnant or nursing with this bra. With the support of this comfortable sports bra, your breasts won’t hurt during pilates class or walking. The nylon, polyester, and spandex blend is also very soft.
Kindred Bravely offers this bra in sizes up to 46I. This is impressive as most nursing bras stop at lower sizes. The adjustable straps will allow moms to get a close fit.
Most moms love the elastic band and racerback design—there’s no uncomfortable closure at the back. You’ll also have easy access to your breasts with the cup clips.
One improvement Kindred Bravely could make is to make these bras more durable so they are washing machine friendly. New moms often have little time to hand-wash anything.
Momcozy Nursing Bras for Breastfeeding, YN46 Jelly Strip Support Comfort Maternity Bra
- Jelly Strip & 360° Support – Our nursing bra ripples up your breasts layer by layer with “Jelly Strip” gently to lift your breasts and keep them with 360°round support to an appropriate place evenly and naturally without pulling or breaking breast texture.
- Weightless Wearing – Wireless and seamless, this breastfeeding bra is crafted from an incredibly smooth, soft and luxurious feeling fabric for a second skin feel. Made of STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX fabric, it contains no harmful substances to guarantee the safest wear.
- Easy and Fast Breastfeeding – The one-handed breastfeeding clasp and adjustable shoulder straps mean you can breastfeed whenever your baby is hungry.
- Breathable Padded Maternity Bra – Not only do we make all the fabric thinner with the “Jelly Strip” bonding craft instead of traditional sewing craft, but we also hollow 1/3 of the strip to allow the skin to breathe more.
There’s often little that makes a new mom feel beautiful in the early days of motherhood. She’s often drenched in milk and spit-up and still wearing postpartum underwear. So a pretty bra like the Momcozy Nursing Bra with Jelly Strip can make all the difference.
This full-coverage bra is beautiful and a great choice for busty women. The clip-down cups provide full coverage and the scalloped edges are feminine and pretty. Many moms say the cups are the perfect size to keep their breasts from spilling over.
What sets this bra apart is the jelly strip that surrounds the breasts. This keeps the bra in place and also adds extra support. The strip is lightweight and feels as if nothing were there at all.
The bra is made with a breathable fabric that’s ultra-lightweight. The pads are thinner than others as well.
The only drawback is that this bra only goes up to size 38DD. It would be nice to see them increase the sizing options for a larger breast size.
iloveSIA 3PACK Womens Full Bust Nursing Bra
- SUPER COMFORTABLE AND SKIN FRIENDLY: Featuring buttery-soft and breathable fabric for ultimate comfort touch to mom and baby, 4-way high stretch provides enough room for your body change during the pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- CONVENIENT NURSING AND BUST SUPPORT: Features one-handed access nursing clasp, adjustable shoulder straps for convenient and easy nursing; removable bra cup inserts, wide side wings and inner nursing slings for enough breast support.
- WORK WITH PUMPING BRA PERFECTLY: Compatible with most of the pumping bras accessories to pump milk easily, hands free pumping.
- SEAMLESS, WIRELESS AND SMOOTH DESIGN: It is comfortable for maternity (pregnancy), postpartum, sleeping, lounging, everyday wear, or any breastfeeding position, experienced by worldwide 6Millions+ breastfeeding moms.
For comfortable bras to lounge around the house in, the iloveSIA 3PACK Womens Full Bust Nursing Bras are the perfect pick.
This bra comes in sizes up to a 42E. Despite the lack of underwire, large-breasted moms will still receive the support they need. The elastic band gives a snug, but comfortable fit.
These bras come in 3-packs with both soft colors and black. Each bra is made with buttery soft fabric that is gentle on tender nipples and sore breasts. Moms have found that the fabric holds up well even after many washes.
The iloveSIA nursing bra also includes removable padding as well as side wings and nursing slings. The cup clips are easy to open and close, even one-handed.
The design is both seamless and wireless, making it a great choice for out-of-the-house. However, some moms found that it wasn’t supportive enough for a brisk walk. This may be better suited for sleeping and feeding around the house.
Nursing can be difficult, but thankfully there are a variety of products on the market designed to make nursing easier. Here are my favorite nursing accessories to use along with nursing and maternity bras:
- Nursing Necklace
- Nursing Pads
- Nipple Cream for Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Pillow
- Nipple Shield
- Nursing Cover
Why It’s Important to Wear a Right-Fitting Nursing Bra
Women with large breasts should make sure they’re wearing the right size nursing or maternity bra. A bra that doesn’t fit correctly can create pain in your neck, shoulders, and back. This can do damage over time.
You might also get rashes from the irritation of a nursing or maternity bra band that’s too tight. If you have tender nipples while breastfeeding, a tight bra will only make it worse.
To make sure you’re wearing the best nursing bra for your body, ask yourself these questions:
Is my bra band straight or curved?
If the band of your bra curves up, your bra is too small. The band of a supportive nursing bra should remain straight after clasping it shut.
Do the shoulder straps leave marks?
Shoulder marks are a sign that your bra is too small, or you have it over-tightened. Try loosening the straps so that there are no visible signs where they lay.
Do my breasts spill over the cups?
If your breasts are overflowing out of the cups, you’ll need to size up. Your breasts should fit perfectly in the cups without flowing over. Most women go up one size when nursing, so account for the new cup size when purchasing a nursing bra.
If the bra has an underwire, does it comfortably surround my breasts?
Many moms avoid bras with underwires in order to help prevent clogged milk ducts. If you choose a bra with an underwire, be sure it isn’t jabbing into your breasts. The right nursing bra will support your breasts without causing pain.
How many nursing bras do I need to buy?
Most moms will need around 3 to 6 nursing bras. This number might change depending on how often you do laundry and the type of nursing pads you use.
Cotton, reusable pads are comfortable and soft, but often leak through. This will require you to change your bra daily.
Disposable pads have waterproof backing that keeps the milk from leaking through to your bra. With these pads, you’ll be able to change your bra every couple of days instead.
What is the difference between a nursing bra and a pumping bra?
Nursing bras and pumping bras might seem like the same thing. However, there’s actually a big difference between the two.
You’ll notice that a nursing bra unclips at the top of the cup to expose each breast for convenient feeding. A pumping bra has a slit in each cup to allow the breast pump flanges to sit inside the bra while you pump hands-free.
How much bigger do breasts get during breastfeeding?
How much a mother’s breasts expand during breastfeeding will vary. I’ve found that my breasts often increase by a full cup size if not 2 cup sizes. Plan for your breasts to increase by 1 to 2 cup sizes, and for your band size to increase a bit as well.
I like to have one nursing bra to fit my largest size at the end of pregnancy and in the early weeks of nursing. I usually purchase a few more after my milk has leveled out and I’ve lost a good bit of pregnancy weight.
Should nursing moms wear a bra to bed?
Yes, moms should wear a nursing bra to bed. I know that’s not the answer most women want. However, a nursing bra will keep you from having to change your shirt in the middle of the night from milk leaks.
If you find a comfortable nursing bra, you really won’t mind using it as a sleep bra as well. Using comfortable breast pads will help, too.
Looking for the right night light to help your little one ease into bedtime? Check out our guide for everything you need to know about toddler night lights.
Potty Training, Product Reviews
The best swim diapers are comfortable and help prevent your baby from having an accident in the pool or ocean. Find our favorites in this round-up!