If you read the fancy and inspiring home magazines, then you know that no Thanksgiving table is complete without a show stopping center piece. Should you do a three-tiered montage of fall foliage? Or maybe a collection of precisely stacked gourds and pumpkins?
Actually, I think the best table setting is one with special meaning, so why not have your child help you make a Turkey Squash for your Thanksgiving table this year? The craft is easy and fun and the result is absolutely adorable!
What You’ll Need:
- a croock neck squash (the more bumps and ridges the better)
- googly eyes
- pipe cleaners or macaroni
- Begin by cleaning your squash so the glue will stick. Let dry completely.
- Pick out some pretty bold-colored feathers and attach with glue to the back of the squash.
- Use glue to attach two googly eyes and a small bit of pipe cleaner for a beak. You can also use a macaroni for a beak.
- Let the glue dry and enjoy! How about making a whole flock of turkeys for Thanksgiving?