There are lots of ways to make your Easter Basket multi-sensory and accessible for kids of all abilities, including kids with sensory impairments. You might want to throw in some fidgets, chewies or light-up toys, for example (and you can find lots of ideas for fun small multi-sensory toys here).
But if you're also looking to keep the Easter theme, then you might be searching for things like talking, tactile or noise-making eggs. Or maybe touch-and-feel Easter books, stuffed bunnies that call out to you to find them, or an Easter-themed Mr Potato head.
Yep, all that's out there just waiting for you to find it! Kind of like an Easter egg hunt!
Below you'll find some of our favorite tactile, talking and developmental Easter toys that would be perfect for your multi-sensory Easter basket. We've organized them by five categories: Talking & Noisy Eggs & Bunnies, Tactile Eggs, Glowing Easter Toys, Interactive Easter Toys and Touch-and-Feel Easter Books.
Talking & Noisy Eggs & Bunnies
- Max & Jojo's Talking Hide and Seek Easter Eggs: These talking eggs have become a must-have in our house every Easter. Each egg calls out to you, saying things like, "Yoohoo, I'm over here!" until you find it.
- Build-a-Bear Hide & Go Beep: The Hide & Go Beep is similar to the talking eggs, but comes wrapped in a soft bunny or bear! You can place the Hide & Go Beep sound in any Build-A-Bear friend.
- HABA Wooden Shakin Eggs: These eggs are large (great for holding) and made of wood. Each egg makes a unique sound when you shake it.
- Tomy Hide & Squeak Eggs: Crack open the eggs to reveal colorful chicks hidden inside. Press on the chicks to hear them cheap!
- Tactile Matching Eggs: These plastic eggs are white on the outside and colorful on the inside, and each egg is imprinted with a shape that can only match to itself. Can you put them all back together?
- Play-Doh Spring Eggs: Play-Doh is always a fun tactile game in our house - and these Easter eggs are pre-filled with Play-Doh!
- Egg Shaped Porcupine Balls: What tactile Easter basket is complete without porcupine balls shaped like Easter eggs?
- Hide 'Em and Hatch 'Em Super Sized Grow Eggs: Find the eggs, place them in water, then watch (and feel) them hatch! After the eggs crack and hatch, a small toy will appear and continue to grow if you leave it in the water.
Glowing Easter Toys
- Light Up Spinning Egg Easter Toy: Bright red, green, orange and blue LED lights spin in this egg when you press the button.
- Glow in the Dark Easter Eggs: Turn off the lights and have an Easter egg hunt in the dark this year!
- Light Up Squishy Chicks: Fun to squish and hold and they also glow when you shake them!
- Glow In The Dark Easter Putty Eggs: Silly putty is stretchy, slippery and gooey. What could be better than that? Putty that glows, of course!
Interactive Easter Toys
- Prextex Stacking and Nesting Easter Eggs: Very similar to traditional stacking and nesting toys, but these are all shaped like Easter eggs!
- Pretext bump ‘n go walking egg laying duck with lights sound ‘n music: The name says it all! This duck will lay eggs while moving about and singing. The lights are a special bonus!
- Silly Egghead: This game is just like Mr Potato Head, but instead of dressing up and designing a potato... it's an egg! Comes with Easter-themed items too.
- Hog Wild Bunny Popper: This is a great fine-motor toy. Squeeze the bunny to get the ball to "POP"!
Touch-and-Feel Easter Books
- Pat the Bunny: This book is a classic for a reason! Pat the Bunny is easy to read (and easy to braille) and includes lots of fun interactive objects to touch, move or smell.
- Baby Bunny Finger Puppet Book: Finger puppet books are always fun! You can place your finger through the puppet and make it move while you read the story.
- Little Chick Finger Puppet Book: Another finger puppet book for Easter. Both books are small and would make a great set for an Easter basket.
- Bright Baby Touch and Feel Easter: This book has quickly become a classic Easter book. It's another book with lots to touch and easy to braille too!