Our Favorite Baby Sunglasses of 2023
- One-quarter of our lifetime of sun exposure happens during childhood and adolescence.
- Babies should wear sunglasses anytime they are in direct sunlight and shade isn’t available.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that your child’s sunglasses supply at least 99% UV protection.
Our family loves the beach. Every summer, I grab my favorite beach bag for moms and stuff it with all the beach essentials for baby and the rest of the family. I might look like a hermit crab carrying my bag on my back, but I like to be prepared.
Spending a day in the sun can be tricky if you don’t have the right products to protect your family from the rays. Protective sunblock and sunglasses for the whole family will keep everyone safe. Even babies need to protect their eyes from the sun.
Your little one’s eyes are sensitive and should be protected from the sun as much as possible. Babies aren’t able to express that their eyes hurt and they don’t have the ability to shade their own face. It’s up to you to make sure they are comfortable and safe.
Thankfully, there are a variety of stylish baby sunglasses on the market that will do the job for you. If you’re shopping for a pair of baby sunglasses your baby won’t hate, this list is for you. These baby sunglasses are loved by babies and parents alike.
Our Choice: COCOSAND Baby Sunglasses with Strap UV400 Protection
- Suitable for 0-24 months infant toddler and baby, and head circumference less than 18.9 inches
- Lens Composition is 100% Copolyester. Blocks UVA, UVB and Harmful Ray. HD Vision, Glare-Free and Shatter-Proof
- TPE, non toxic, BPA-Free Frame Material for Babies Safety. Flexible and sturdy
- Adjustable, Moisture Wicking, Neoprene Elastic Strap. 95% Polyester, 5% Neoprene
My top pick for the best baby sunglasses is a pair that checks all my boxes. The COCOSAND Baby Sunglasses with Strap UV400 Protection are the best baby sunglasses overall.
While shopping for baby sunglasses, I was immediately drawn to these cute frames and colors. I ended up buying a purple pair, but there were many others to choose from.
The frames are lightweight, flexible, and BPA-free. I can’t believe how durable they are. The plastic isn’t your typical cheap plastic that will break when bent.
The shatter-resistant lenses are glare-free. They block out all UVA and UVB rays as well as blue light. Many parents noted that they scratch easily, however, so parents will want to be careful with them.
The neoprene, adjustable strap keeps the sunglasses from falling off my baby’s head. Just a word of advice—I have found it’s easier to adjust the strap after the glasses are on your baby’s head.
My main concern with baby sunglasses was that my baby would be uncomfortable in them. This is not the case with these. My baby never complained while wearing them.
With over 8,000 positive reviews on Amazon, these are a safe choice for a pair of infant sunglasses.
Best Polarized: COASION Bendable Flexible Polarized Newborn Baby Sunglasses
- BABIES FIRST SUNGLASSES – The ultra durable, virtually unbreakable and ultra light material of our bendable glasses frames is specially designed with baby in mind. All our sunglasses for infants are BPA free, lead & latex free.
- FULL UV PROTECTION – All coasion’s lenses come with full UV protection. They are also polarized ensuring absolute maximum protection wherever you are. Whether it’s a day at the beach or just keeping the sun out of their eyes while they’re in the stroller.
- A BUILT IN ADJUSTABLE STRAP – Ensures that your child is always comfortable and that the glasses are a perfect fit. As the child grows, simply adjust the strap to fit. It couldn’t be easier. Adjustable Strap Size: 4.9″ – 8.2″.
- DIMENSIONS – Lens Width: 39mm (1.53″), Frame Height: 37mm (1.45″), Nose Bridge: 12mm (0.47″), Frame Width: 110mm (4.33″), Temple Length: 100mm (3.93″), Net Weight: 11.4g.
Looking for polarized baby sunglasses that don’t break the bank? The COASION Bendable Flexible Polarized Newborn Baby Sunglasses are the best baby sunglasses featuring polarized lenses. With over 2,000 raving reviews from parents, these glasses are sure to be a hit.
The polarized lenses feature UV400 protection and help reduce eye strain. You can rest assured knowing that these glasses will block 99.99% of all harmful UV rays from your baby’s eyes. Parents will need to store the glasses away in a case to protect the lenses from scratches, as they aren’t scratch resistant.
If you have a little one who likes to test out the strength of their baby sunglasses, you’ll love these. The plastic frame is durable and bends without breaking. The frames are also free of BPA, latex, and lead.
In order to give your baby the best fit, these sunglasses include a built-in strap that adjusts to their head size. These polarized baby sunglasses are designed for babies 0-12 months. However, some parents found that they run small and don’t fit older babies.
You’ll have a wide variety of color options when purchasing. After you buy, you’ll be pleased with Coasion’s customer service. They even offer a lifetime warranty for breaks on the lenses and frames.
Best Rubber: Mausito BABY Sunglasses 0-24 months
- 😎MEET “The Baby Surfer” baby sunglasses girl, the most AWESOME sunglasses for babies designed in Europe & the ONLY sunglasses CARBON NEUTRAL certified, because we are inspired by smart design, our EASY TO PUT baby sunglasses with strap are made for adventures
- 👶FIT PERFECTLY: Our comparison WINNER (vergleich.org/sunglasses infant cat.) are made for kids from 0-24 months (head circ. 15”-20”) considering babies´ head characteristics. Our babies sunglasses have a SOFT NOSE PAD & ADJUSTABLE STRAP to make the most FLEXIBLE kids sunglasses
- 🔆SUN PROTECTION FANS: Our sunglasses baby cat. 3 lenses offer 100% UV400 PROTECTION, allowing babies to see without glare. All our shatter resistant sunglasses for baby are certified
- 🏖️BABY FRIENDLY: Our LIGHT baby girl sunglasses will join them playing in the water (WATERPROOF) or in the sun, our newborn sunglasses will be their partner. Our frame is 100% BPA-free
If you want ultimate comfort and durability in a pair of baby sunglasses, then a rubber frame is the way to go. The Mausito BABY Sunglasses 0-24 months are the best baby sunglasses with rubber frames.
These sunglasses are incredibly flexible and virtually indestructible. The frames are made with BPA-free rubber and have a soft nose pad. They’re also very lightweight.
The design looks a little more like goggles than sunglasses, so they might not be the most trendy. However, they’re perfect for a full day in the sun, as they can be worn in the water as well. The adjustable strap will keep them in place as they play.
This brand also does a great job of providing maximum protection from UV light. These lenses block UVA and UVB light completely and are rated at UV400. This makes them some of the best sunglasses for long days in the bright sun.
You might also like to know that Mausito is committed to reducing carbon emissions. This product is carbon neutral certified and friendly to the environment.
Frame Material: Rubber | Lens Composition: Polycarbonate | Manufacturer Recommended Age: 0-24 months
View on Amazon
Best Budget: Nacuwa Baby Sunglasses – 100% UV Proof Sunglasses
- PROVIDE 100% EYE PROTECTION FOR YOUR BABY – Superior UV protection, featuring UV400 technology, protect eyes from UVB sun-rays.
- SOFT AND UNBREAKABLE FRAME – The flexible and soft frame offers maximum comfort, absolute safe for your baby to wear.
- ADJUSTABLE AND REMOVABLE STRAP helps to sit securely and comfortably on your little heads.
- Speciall Designed for baby between 3-24 months.
Some parents may be hesitant to spend much on a pair of baby sunglasses. After all, there’s no guarantee your baby will keep them on their face. That’s why the Nacuwa Baby Sunglasses – 100% UV Proof Sunglasses are the best baby sunglasses for parents on a budget.
For the price, you’ll be thrilled to know all these glasses include. Along with the baby sunglasses, you’ll also receive a hard case, cleaning cloth, removable strap, and cloth case.
The lenses on these frames do a fantastic job of protecting your baby’s eyes. Both the UVA and UVB protection is rated at 100%. UV rays don’t stand a chance with UV400 protection.
These glasses feature a thermoplastic elastomers frame that won’t break when bent. The plastic is lightweight and won’t irritate your baby’s nose. You’ll also be able to get a custom fit with the adjustable strap.
The lenses are also shatter-resistant, but some parents noted that the lenses popped out easily. Though the lenses do go back in, you might want to reinforce the lenses with a small dab of superglue.
Best Silicone: Baby Banz Sunglasses Infant Sun Protection
- Fashionable UVA & UVB Sun Protection for Infants and Babies Age: 0-2 Yrs. Often, parents overlook their children’s eye protection from the sun. And yet, kids spend much more time outdoors than most adults do, making it extremely important to have year round, reliable protection against those harmful UVA and UVB sun rays. Our team of experts has created the coolest, most innovative and stylish designs to keep your Infant or Baby safe and in fashion at all times.
- Award Winning Designs: Featuring a smart, wrap round design that ensures the sunglasses stay put, as well as a carefully embedded, silicone nose and brow, we make sure your little ones feel super comfortable and perfectly secure. The convenient hook-and-loop closure is specially designed to be extremely practical and easy to use, by both children and their parents.
- Top Quality for Uncompromised Safety: We, at BanZ take your children’s safety seriously. All of our products are 100% kid-friendly and free from dangerous chemicals. Fully CPSIA and Cali. Prop. 65 Compliant and doctor recommended, our baby and toddler sunglasses are parent’s first choice worldwide.
- Adventure BANZ – Baby Dimensions: Lens Width: 45mm Lens Height: 26mm Bridge Width: 13mm Minimum Head Circumference: 15 IN / 38 CM Maximum Head Circumference: 18.5 IN / 45.5 CM
Silicone is known as a superior material that’s both flexible and BPA-free. These Baby Banz Sunglasses Infant Sun Protection are the best baby sunglasses with silicone comfort.
You’ll notice these look like a pair of goggles and include one strap that goes around the baby’s head. Wraparound styles such as these are often more comfortable and give a secure fit. Parents can easily adjust the size with the hook and loop enclosure.
You won’t have to worry about your baby getting red marks from these glasses. Both the brow and nose pads are made of silicone. The rest of the frame is lightweight and flexible as well.
Baby Banz takes your child’s eye health seriously. These lenses provide UV protection for kids ages 0 to 24 months.
Should your baby break these infant sunglasses, they come with a 1-year warranty. Baby Banz is happy to replace them at no cost to you.
Some parents found that these were too small for their baby’s head. These have a maximum head circumference of 18.5 inches, so be sure to measure your baby’s head first.
If you’re traveling outdoors with baby in tow, these accessories will help you keep baby safe from the sun:
When Should Babies Wear Sunglasses?
Babies should wear sunglasses anytime they are in direct sunlight and a shade isn’t available. If you’re worried about your baby in the car, there are other ways to protect their eyes. You can install a car window shade or use the car seat shade to block the sun.
If you’re outdoors and there is no option for shade, sunglasses are a must. Remember that your baby’s eyes might also be sensitive to the light reflecting off the water, sand, or even snow.
At what age can babies wear sunglasses?
Most baby sunglasses are made for 0 months and up. It’s perfectly safe to allow your baby to wear sunglasses. However, you may not have much use for them until they are a little older and are going for stroller walks or to the pool.
Why should your baby wear sunglasses?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, one-quarter of our lifetime of sun exposure happens during childhood and adolescence. This sun exposure can cause damage to both skin and eyes.
In order to protect our babies from damage to their eyes, sunglasses are crucial. In their Sun Safety Guidelines, the AAP recommends that babies under 6 months of age be kept completely out of direct sunlight. When this isn’t possible, using other elements like hats, sunglasses, rashguards, etc, will help minimize the risk of sun damage.
What to Look for When Buying Baby Sunglasses
When you shop for baby sunglasses, you’ll find a wide variety of brands and styles. You can confidently purchase the right pair for your baby by looking for these features:
99% UV Protection
The AAP recommends that sunglasses supply at least 99% UV protection. This means your baby’s eyes will be shielded from the majority of UVA and UVB rays from the sun. Be sure to check the sunglasses before purchasing to make sure they feature that level of UVA and UVB protection.
Soft Nose Pads
You don’t want your baby to be uncomfortable. You also don’t want to take off their sunglasses to find deep indentions from where their sunglasses sat on their nose. This is why it’s important to find sunglasses with soft nose pads and a lightweight frame.
Durable Frame and Lenses
Let’s face it, these sunglasses will likely take a beating from your baby or toddler. You’ll need a pair of glasses that can stand the pressure. A frame made with flexible material will allow you to keep the sunglasses longer.
The lenses should also be shatter resistant to protect your baby’s face.
This feature is not necessarily a must-have in baby sunglasses. However, a neck strap keeps you from losing them at the park or beach. If your baby pulls them off their face, the glasses will stay attached.
The lens shape you choose will depend on your style and taste. Some parents prefer round sunglasses or more trendy shapes. Others are just looking for something basic.
Remember that the ultimate goal is to provide your child’s eyes with both UVA and UVB protection. Don’t sacrifice safety for sunglasses that are trendy but don’t provide protection.
Polarized or Non-Polarized
Polarized lenses often come with a higher price tag. So parents might be wondering if it’s really necessary to buy polarized lenses.
If your child has extra sensitive eyes, it might be worth the splurge. If not, you can stick with regular lenses and be just fine.
It may be helpful to know that polarized lenses help reduce glare off surfaces like water and snow. They don’t actually provide extra UV protection.
How can I keep my baby’s sunglasses clean?
To keep your baby’s sunglasses clean, use a mild soap and wash and rinse clean. Dry completely with a lint-free cloth. This will keep them free from germs as well as keep the lenses clear.
How can I tell if my baby’s sunglasses fit correctly?
Your baby’s glasses should fit comfortably and snugly on their face. If your baby has red marks after removing the glasses, they’re too tight. Be sure to measure your baby’s head before purchasing to find sunglasses that are the right size.
How many pairs of baby sunglasses do I need?
I like to have two pairs of baby sunglasses. I leave one in my car and the other at the house. This way, I always have a pair with me.
These are a great item to add to your newborn checklist or baby registry.
Sun Safety: Information for parents about Sunburn & Sunscreen. HealthyChildren.org. (2021, July 14). https://www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/at-play/Pages/Sun-Safety.aspx
Heard a lot about weighted blankets and lap pads and wondering how to choose one? Here’s our guide to the ins and outs of finding the right weighted blanket.
Looking for the right night light to help your little one ease into bedtime? Check out our guide for everything you need to know about toddler night lights.
Potty Training, Product Reviews
The best swim diapers are comfortable and help prevent your baby from having an accident in the pool or ocean. Find our favorites in this round-up!