The 7 Best Baby Bibs of 2023
- Babies can start wearing bibs at any age.
- You can start with lightweight bibs made from a soft fabric to absorb milk from bottle feedings or spit-up, similar to a burp cloth.
- When your child starts teething, you might try an absorbent bandana bib for drool protection.
When I say “spaghetti and sauce,” “smash cake,” or “pureed carrots,” every parent thinks of one thing—a mess. Mealtimes with little ones are anything but tidy.
In our house, we usually have enough crumbs under the table to feed a farmyard after each meal. With four little mouths munching away, there is plenty that drops to the ground. My littlest is my messiest eater and has a habit of dropping spoonfuls of oatmeal on her chair and the floor.
Though my older kids are still creating quite a mess, I can at least limit the amount my toddler drops with the help of baby bibs. Through the years, I’ve tried all different types of bibs. I’ve tried cloth bibs that were a mess to clean, vinyl bibs that my babies hated, and silicone bibs that didn’t fit quite right.
Through my trials and errors, I’ve finally found baby bibs that do the job.
I’ve searched and found the 7 best baby bibs of 2023! No need to spend hours searching the internet. The best baby bibs are right here for your convenience.
Top Pick: Tiny Twinkle Mess Proof Baby Bib
- BABY ESSENTIALS MUST HAVES: Few items are more crucial in your baby feeding supplies pack than food bibs – Tiny Twinkle is proud to offer you a waterproof bib made with soft, lightweight, water-repellent fabric from 100% recycled polyester that is treated with a special waterproof back coating. Moreover, our food catching bib features a bottom pocket designed to stay open to catch spills!
- TRAVEL MUST HAVES: Our baby feeding bib is the ultimate travel companion for you and your little one. Soft, lightweight, and waterproof, our infant bibs have a no-scratch closure that’s gentle on your child while simultaneously protecting clothes, floors, and tables from messes. Bring your baby anywhere with total confidence knowing you’ve got the right toddler bib for the job.
- EASY TO USE: Featuring a tug-proof closure that keeps the bib on when you want it and makes removal extra easy, our infant waterproof bibs won’t get caught on your little one’s hair. Feeding time can be stressful enough without worrying about the mess – our mess-proof kids bibs take the hassle and frustration out of food time!
- MADE SAFE: Our cleverly designed premium quality baby feeding bibs are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, meaning our fabric is free of any potentially harmful chemicals, even those not legally regulated. The safety of your baby always comes first with our Tiny Twinkle Bibs.
- Adorable design
- Flexible fabric
- Wipes off easily
- Might stain with darker foods
I simply could not resist this toddler bib. With a cute apron design that’s easy to clean, the Tiny Twinkle Mess Proof Baby Bib had my eye.
I’ve seen a lot of adorable bibs, but this one surpassed them all with the ruffle sleeves. There were over 25 color options to choose from and different styles for both boys and girls. Each bib is made with polyester and has a waterproof backing to keep the mess off your baby’s clothes.
I was a little concerned about the velcro closure on the back of this bib but was surprised to see that it wasn’t an issue. The velcro isn’t as rough as others and doesn’t go to the edge of the fabric. It never irritates my toddler’s skin or gets caught in her hair.
The apron pocket stays open while she eats to catch food. When she’s done eating, I take it to the sink and wash it down with soap and water. Parents should know that these bibs are not stain-proof and foods like pasta sauce or carrots might leave stains behind.
I love how easily the bib folds and stores away. The compact storage option with snaps for folding make this convenient to throw in a daycare bag or drawer.
Best Cotton: Yoofoss Baby Bibs 10 Pack Soft and Absorbent Baby Bandana Drool Bibs
- Super Absorbent Baby Bandana Bibs: The front layer is made of soft and skin-friendly cotton fabric, the back is polyester wool which is very soft and comfortable. Protect your drooly teething baby from all dribble and spit ups soaking their clothes.
- Adjustable Snaps: Each baby bandana bibs comes with 2 nickel-free snaps which make the bib adjustable for babies and toddlers age range from 0 to 36 months, meet the need of different grow stage. Bibs stay in place not easy for your baby to pull them off.
- Perfect Choice for Baby Shower: Yoofoss baby bibs designed in neutral color which are suitable for both baby boy and baby girls. This baby bib set will be the best baby shower choice for new parents and new grandparents.
- Pack of 10 Practical Bandana Bibs: Our drool bibs are practical and stylish to serve the drooling or teething baby, we designed this bib set with 10 solid colors which will be easy to match your baby’s outfit, add more fun to your baby’s dressing up.
- Super absorbent
- Machine washable
- Creates more laundry to wash
- Might curl up after dryer
If you’ve ever had a teething baby, you know how wet their clothes can get. Large amounts of drool often come with getting new teeth. This is where drool bibs like Yoofoss Baby Bibs 10 Pack Soft and Absorbent Baby Bandana Drool Bibs come in handy.
Not only are these bandana bibs adorable, but they do a remarkable job of keeping your baby’s neck and chest dry. The highly absorbent drool bibs are made with cotton fabric on the top and polyester wool on the underside. Both materials are soft enough for your baby’s skin but tough enough to soak up a lot of drool.
I appreciate that these bibs come with nickel-free snaps instead of velcro. This will keep your baby’s neck from getting scratched. The two snaps will allow this bib to fit a baby from 0-36 months.
I love all the color and pattern choices these bandana bibs come in. On top of that, parents have access to their 24-hour customer service should there be any issues. These cloth bibs might curl up after the dryer, but you can fix that by laying them out straight to dry instead.
Best Organic: Burt’s Bees Baby Bibs, 5-Pack Lap-Shoulder Drool Cloths
- Burt’s Bees Baby – 100% Organic Cotton Bibs
- Large 8″ X 7.5″ Bibs for feeding & drool protection
- Snap and Velcro free so that bib stays put & Lap-shoulder style neckline gently stretches for easy on and off!
- 2-Ply with an absorbent terry towel backing to easily clean them up after meals
- Chemical-free fabric
- No velcro or snap closure
- Machine washable
- Creates more laundry to be washed
- Might get child’s clothes wet
Organic cotton is a big deal for some parents. If the bib will be going into their baby’s mouth, they want to know that it’s free of chemicals. The Burt’s Bees Baby Bibs 5-Pack Lap-Shoulder Drool Cloths are an excellent organic option.
Made with only 100% organic cotton, these drool bibs are safe for your little one’s mouth. The back is made with terry cloth to absorb moisture.
My favorite feature about these bibs is the T-shirt-like opening. Instead of snaps or velcro closures, these adorable bibs stretch and slip right over your baby’s head. This makes them a great option for sensitive skin.
Though these do hold a good bit of liquid, they will eventually soak through to your little one’s clothes. I recommend adding several of these to your diaper bag essentials checklist so you always have a new bib on hand.
Best for Teething: Nuby Reversible 100% Natural Cotton Muslin 3 Piece Teething Bib
- 100% Natural, Cotton Muslin Teething Bib is made of natural fibers for baby’s sensitive skin.
- Three reversible bibs that are ideal for babies that are teething and drooling/ 100% natural cotton helps keep baby dry while teething
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Wash before initial use and after each subsequent use. Machine wash warm, gentle cycle. Do not use bleach. Tumble dry low setting. Do not iron.
- Bib 1 Front: Grey Triangles/ Back: Dark Grey Pattern. Bib 2 Front: Red Stripes / Back: Red Pattern. Bib 3 Front: Blue Elephants / Back: Blue Pattern
- Great for teething
- Absorbent cotton
- Machine washable
- Velcro closure
- Might wear down after washing
It’s no secret that teething babies love to chew. Nuby took this into account when creating their baby bib for teething little ones. The Nuby Reversible 100% Natural Cotton Muslin 3 Piece Teething Bib combines a teething toy and bib in one.
Teething babies can chew away at the BPA-free teether at the bottom of the bib. The bib itself is long enough to cover the baby’s chest and catch the drool. Made with 100% cotton, the fabric is absorbent and soft.
I love the pattern option and that these bandana bibs are reversible. If your baby ends up with stained bibs like mine sometimes does, you’ll appreciate having another side to flip to. These make great newborn bibs to give as gifts for the rough days of teething ahead.
You can easily clean these bibs by throwing them in the washing machine. Just know that they might wear down over time. You’ll also need to be sure the velcro closure is fastened on each bib so it doesn’t attach to other clothing in the wash.
Best Silicone: PandaEar Cute Super Thin Light Weight Unisex Silicone Baby Bibs
- NO MORE SILICONE ODOR- Top food grade soft silicone and BPA free. Not rigid compared to other brands yet it is more durable and comfortable for toddles.
- MOST AFFODABLE- Our 3-pack reusable light silicone bibs will get you through the days at a best budget price. With an array of colors, you are sure to find one that matches kids’ outfit of the day.
- 100% SOFT SILICONE- Our light bibs are made of 100% soft silicone and will help cut down on your laundry.
- ADJUSTABLE CLOSURE- The neck strap provides four different sizes and is suitable for children ages 6 months to 6 years.
- Wipes down easily
- Doesn’t create more laundry to wash
- Not absorbent
- Babies might pull it off easily
Silicone baby products have become quite popular. This easy-to-clean material can be found in baby bottles, pacifiers, toddler snack cups, and more. These PandaEar Cute Super Thin Light Weight Unisex Silicone Baby Bibs are sturdy and easy to clean.
Just like silicone placemats, cups, or teethers, you can wash these silicone bibs with soap and water. Food will rinse right off and you won’t be left with a load of baby bibs to throw in the laundry.
The adjustable closure will fit your baby from 6 months to 6 years, and won’t irritate your baby’s skin. I appreciated the wide age range as I’m currently using these on my 2-year-old but am expecting another baby. I’ll be able to use the same silicone bib for either child.
I was impressed with how well the front silicone pocket caught falling food. I tested this on some of my toddler’s messiest meals and it significantly cut down on the amount of food left on her clothes and the floor. With the multiple options for neck widths, you can get the bib as close to your baby’s chin as you’d like.
These silicone bibs are also budget-friendly and come with a product guarantee. The only drawback is that the closure is easy to open by pulling down on the bib. If you have a little one that pulls their bib off, you might need to wait until they are past that stage.
Best Terry Cloth: Hudson Baby Unisex Baby Cotton Terry Drooler Bibs
- Set includes coordinating fiber filled drooler bibs
- Made with cotton poly blend with fiber filling
- Multi-layered fabric absorbs drools and spills and gentle on baby’s skin
- Functional and cute baby bibs with large embroidery and fiber filling
- Super soft
- Machine washable
- Creates more laundry to wash
- Doesn’t expand to larger neck sizes for toddlers
If you’re just looking for absorbent bibs with decent coverage, these are for you. The Hudson Baby Unisex Baby Cotton Terry Drooler Bibs are a budget-friendly option for basic needs.
Made with cotton polyester and a fiber filling, these are great as newborn bibs for catching milk or toddler bibs absorbing spilled juice. The super-soft material is thick and absorbs a good amount of liquid. You will need to rinse and wash quickly after food messes so they don’t stain.
The velcro closure on the back of the bib may irritate your baby’s skin if it rubs against it. It also doesn’t give you much room to expand the bib to a bigger neck size. However, these will fit most babies from 0-12 months.
The variety of patterns, colors, and sayings you can choose from is impressive. If you like bibs for specific holidays or bibs with humorous sayings, you’ll enjoy the selection.
Best Full Coverage: Grabease All Over Bib
Review by Amanda Brandt.
- Waterproof material
- Machine washable
- Extra coverage for less mess
- Babies might not like feeling fully covered
The Grabease All Over Bib is a full-coverage bib that not only saves your child’s cute outfit from potentially messy meal times but also saves your highchair from getting covered in spills and food and requiring a highchair deep clean. It’s made of a waterproof material that stops leaks and food from seeping in, similar to the material of a wind jacket or a raincoat.
The bib I received has a cute cloud design with a plate and utensil outlines. It’s machine-washable, but hang the bib to dry rather than put it in the dryer. The neck, armholes, and bottom of the bib have elastic that fits snuggly, but not too tightly around your baby or tot. I have a compact-style highchair, so I found that the bib did seem big on our chair.
Unfortunately, my daughter didn’t particularly enjoy wearing the bib, but she never really likes anything that fully covers her body (like baby seat carrier covers and sleep sacks). A baby who is used to those kinds of things might find this bib to be a familiar fit. I love the idea of the mealtime mess being all on one machine-washable surface rather than all over clothes, the highchair, and the tray!
When it’s time to eat in our home, I have several accessories that make mealtimes simple and fun for little ones in our home. Here’s what I recommend to go along with your baby bib:
When Should Babies Start Wearing Bibs?
Babies can start wearing bibs at any age. You can start with lightweight bibs made from a soft fabric to absorb milk from bottle feeding or spit-up, similar to a burp cloth. When your child starts teething, you might try an absorbent bandana bib for drool protection.
Here are some common uses for bibs by age:
|Age||Uses for Bibs||Best Type|
|0-6 Months||Drool, Spit-Up, Milk Dribbles||Soft, lightweight, absorbent bibs|
|6-12 Months||Drool, Food, Teething Toys||Soft bibs with attached teething toys|
Bibs with pockets for food
|12+ Months||Food||Waterproof bibs that are easy to clean, silicone, or plastic|
How to Choose the Best Baby Bibs for Your Baby
Choosing the best baby bibs for your baby will depend on your baby’s age and needs. However, there are certain things to look for no matter which type you choose.
What should you look for when buying bibs for your baby?
- Be sure the bib closure won’t cause irritation to your baby’s skin.
- Think about whether you want a machine-washable fabric or something that’s easy to wipe clean.
- Choose a bib that will fit your baby for months to come. Expandable bibs are a great option.
Which fabric is best for baby bibs?
Baby bibs come in a variety of fabrics for different purposes. A silicone bib will make cleanup easy but is bulkier and not absorbent like cotton. The same is true for plastic bibs. Cotton bibs are ideal for sensitive skin and wet messes, but will require more laundry.
Can you let a baby sleep while wearing a bib?
Babies should never sleep in a bib as it can cause strangulation. Always remove bibs and any other accessories from your baby and their crib before you put them to bed.
Braille and Literacy, Product Reviews, Visual Impairment
Dana Meachen Rau's book, Sense of Play, follows the adventures of Chip and Joy as they play. Chip is blind, but this doesn't get in the way of their play!
Wondering whether white noise will help your little one sleep better? Here’s our guide to the best baby sound machines to help your baby fall asleep soundly.
Heard a lot about weighted blankets and lap pads and wondering how to choose one? Here’s our guide to the ins and outs of finding the right weighted blanket.