7 Best Split-Screen Baby Monitors for Twins of 2023
- The best baby monitors for twins come with two cameras, allowing you to easily see both children without switching back and forth.
- Split-screen video baby monitors are ideal for more than one child, allowing you to keep tabs on your twins.
- The best baby monitors for twins also have temperature sensors, infrared night vision, and a wide-angle lens.
I spent a lot of time finding the right baby monitor for my kids to ensure it would last. One challenge I faced was being able to see two rooms at once—but then I discovered split-screen baby monitors.
Instead of only one camera, I suddenly had two cameras to work with. Having a split-screen baby monitor is a lifesaver if you have two babies. While some baby monitors rotate the video images, a split-screen monitor lets you see two separate rooms simultaneously. (Something you can’t get with one camera!)
Finding the best baby monitor for twins is important if your kids sleep in separate rooms or if you want to keep an eye out for them while they’re playing. Some baby monitors allow you to hook up additional cameras, which gives you plenty of flexibility throughout the house!
Our Choice: bonoch Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras
- 【Effortlessly Take Care of Two Babies】-bonoch baby monitor with 2 cameras allows you keep an eye on both babies on the screen side by side with split screen function. The 7″ 720P HD display provides crystal-clear quality with sharp pictures and 10X more detail. The bonoch baby monitor loops video from 4 cameras every 15s in single-screen mode or every 30s in split-screen mode. Say goodbye to the hassle, and hello to a simpler, more efficient way to care for your little ones
- 【No Worries From Day to Night】- Say goodbye to worries day and night with bonoch baby monitor! The auto night vision provides clear black-and-white images even in pitch darkness, without any red lights to disturb your baby. The 6000mAh battery offers you monitoring 10hrs in regular mode, and 22 hours in VOX mode, which saves battery by stopping transmission in quiet rooms, alerting you only at the first sound
- 【Stay Connected to Your Baby】- Our baby monitor features real-time sound, two-way talk, and temperature detection. Get alerts when they cry and use 2-way talk to comfort them, or quickly return to their side. The in-room temperature display informs you of your baby’s comfort level. Get peace of mind with bonoch, even if you’re in another room or busy with other tasks
- 【Entire Room Coverage】- Keep an eye on your baby from anywhere in your home with our baby monitor. The baby camera lens pans 355° and tilts 120° to capture all corners of the room, while 4x zoom lets you get a closer look. You’ll never miss a thing, even if your baby escapes the crib. Enjoy a clear and stable live stream with wireless coverage, and capture baby’s growth moments!
The bonoch Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras tops our list of the best baby monitor for twins because it brings all the best qualities to one monitor. First, the large display screen allows you to see both babies at once without flipping back and forth, something you can’t live without once you have it.
A split-screen baby monitor is ideal if your twins don’t share a room or you want an extra camera in the playroom. For example, if one twin is sleeping and the other is playing, you can watch both!
It’s also beneficial if your twins are on opposite sides of the room and you want to see both kiddos easily. Or, you can put one baby monitor by the bedroom door, allowing you to see the whole room.
Additionally, this baby monitor has night vision, allowing you to easily watch your twins when the sun goes down. I especially like that the baby monitor pans 355° and tilts 120°, ensuring you can keep an eye on any escape artists.
The bonoch baby monitor has a feeding timer, which is fantastic in the early feeding days of twins. While you never want to wake a sleeping baby, newborns still require feedings throughout the night.
Finally, the monitor doesn’t use Wi-Fi, which is a plus if you are worried about your baby monitor being hacked.
Best Battery Life: VAVA Baby Monitor with Split Screen
- Ultra-clear real-time view of your two little one/Dual Camera Real-Time HD Monitoring（Crisp & Clear Real-Time Images）: Large 5” 720P handheld display is 3 times more detailed than previous baby monitors; it boasts full color by day and greyscale infrared images at night to see all the delicate movements of your 2 little cute clearly via Split Screen
- Effortless Monitoring: LED noise indicators and an external thermostat keep you accurately updated on your baby’s wellbeing
- Always Feel Connected: Turn on the VAVA monitor in a snap second to instantly check what’s happening when your baby murmurs; features 2X, 4X zoom and an auto-pilot panoramic mode to scan your baby’s nursery, no waiting around for any app or setup
- Up to 24hr Battery Life: Built in 4500mAh rechargeable battery lasts for 12hrs in display mode, 24hrs with the display turned off for full-day monitoring of your babies
One of my favorite qualities of the VAVA Baby Monitor with Split Screen is the full-angle mobility, allowing you to see the whole room. While the set comes with two cameras, you can connect up to four, which is ideal if you want them throughout the house.
Having multiple cameras is helpful if each twin has their own room and you want another one in the playroom or family room. You may also want separate cameras if your babies are in the same room but on opposite sides.
I also appreciate that the VAVA video baby monitor provides a clear picture and excellent zooming capability. While you have to manually wake up the parent unit from sleep mode to see which baby is crying, I don’t think that’s a deal breaker for this excellent video monitor.
As a quick tip, the volume controls are within the menu setting and not on the side of the parent unit. It can be tricky at first, but you won’t notice the difference once you get the hang of it.
Best WiFi: VTech RM5764-2HD Baby Monitor
- [Remote Monitoring on iOS & Android Devices. Plug & Play Direct Mode.] – This advanced monitor system is configured for local monitoring right out of the box. In the same time, enjoy the remotely listening and viewing on multiple devices, even outside the home. This system allows for remote viewing via internet through the MyVTech Baby Pro app with no fees or monthly subscriptions.Aspect Ratio: 16:9. Viewing Angle (H/V) 178°(H)/178°(V)
- [1080p FHD Remote & 720p HD Local viewing] – The cameras transmits 1080p high-definition video, so you can clearly see your little one on the parent unit. Included 5-inch color (720p) LCD screen to clearly see every single move right from the parent unit. Multiple view options include – single view (one camera only), split-screen viewing (all paired cameras at once) and patrol mode (single view that transitions to a different camera every 10 seconds).
- [360 degree Pan & Tilt with 10X Zoom & 110 degree wide-angle lens] – Achieve 360 degree panoramic viewing and view as many as 100 degrees up and down. Zoom in up to 10X to feel close to the baby.
- [HD Night Vision Camera] – Enhanced night vision technology allows you to clearly see your baby with automatic infrared night vision.
The VTech RM5764-2HD Baby Monitor has two cameras, an extra-large parent monitor, an excellent camera range with 360° pan & tilt, two-way talk, night vision, and plenty more.
One of my favorite features of the VTech sound baby monitor is the movement monitor, which can alert you if it detects motion. No more runaway babies!
The high-sensitivity microphone allows for two-way talking, in case your twins don’t want to sleep. In addition, the baby monitor has Wi-Fi, allowing you to access the units from your smartphone. If your twins are often home with a sitter, keeping an eye on things while you’re at work is helpful.
Since there have been issues with hacking, ensure you have a secure network which will reduce the chance of someone hacking into your baby monitor. You can also use just one camera at a time if you only use one room.
Best Non-Wi-Fi: Babysense 5″ HD Split-Screen Baby Monitor
- Hack-Proof & High Definition View: The 720 HD image on the large 5″ LCD display provides crystal clear secure viewing. Enjoy exquisite remote control convenience with remote pan and tilt and up to x4 zoom, at a 960ft range.
- Split-Screen HD Display with 2 HD Cameras: Unlike most standard baby monitors, this HD video baby monitor is equipped with 2 HD cameras and SPLIT-SCREEN feature, allowing to see both cameras or babies side by side on the same screen. You are sure to always know what’s going on in your baby’s room!. Connect up to 4 cameras in different rooms.
- Soothe & Comfort Your Baby: Use the two-way audio, white noise sound or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. Watch your kid in the nursery 24/7, thanks to the IR night vision of this high-end portable baby cam monitor.
- Never Miss a Single Moment: We use a novelty 4000 mAh battery and power-saving mode for auto-activation of the monitor based on the sound of your baby. Enjoy the built-in adaptable intensity night light, to ensure optimal sleeping environment in your baby’s room.
The Babysense 5″ HD Split-Screen Baby Monitor has an excellent high-definition 5” display screen with stellar battery life. The long battery life lasts 20 hours in ECO mode and 12 hours in regular mode.
The split-screen display automatically turns off when the baby is asleep but will turn back on when it detects a higher sound level. Even when the sun goes down, you can still keep an eye on things thanks to the night vision mode.
You’ll also appreciate the two-way communication feature, allowing you to talk to your little ones from the parent unit. You can give a gentle “go back to sleep” message over the monitor.
One complaint some parents have is if their baby is crying, the baby monitor screen will switch to the quiet camera, which isn’t necessarily helpful. And while the camera has a 960 ft. range, it isn’t as great with obstructions, like walls, in the way.
Still, the Babysense video baby monitor is a good option that will allow you to make sure your twins are sleeping soundly.
Best Budget: Blemil Baby Monitor
- 【❣5 Inches Color Split-screen and Two Cameras】: The video baby monitor is equipped with two remote pan-tilt-zoom cameras and split-screen feature, allowing you to have a larger viewing angle to pay attention to your children. The two cameras allow you to keep an eye on two children in different rooms. The split view shows the two different images side by side on the 5 inches screen. Under full screen mode, press and hold the key around 2 seconds to operate zoom in/out.
- 【❣Privacy and Security Assurance】: The monitor is plug and play without WIFI and any APP, using FHSS technology for secure internal 2.4GHz channel transmission. It is impossible for others to spy on your privacy through the monitor.
- 【❣Two-Way Talk and Wide View Monitor】: Ideal for reassuring your little one while they fall asleep in the baby nursery. Soothe your baby with a two-way talk features or play a soothing lullaby when your baby cries. Blemil baby monitor camera view can be rotated 355° horizontally and 120° vertically, ensuring that you can monitor the entire baby room.
- 【❣Infrared Night Vision and Vox Mode】: Automatic infrared night vision gives you a clear view of the nursery even with the lights out, so you can directly perceive through the senses without disturbing your little one. VOX mode is power saving and you could focus on your things until the monitor is activated by child unit sound.
If you’re not looking to break the bank with one of the best baby monitors for twins, I highly recommend the Blemil Baby Monitor.
The affordable baby monitor has most of the features of the pricier ones, including night vision, lullabies, two-way talk, room temperature sensors, and pan & tilt.
Parents also appreciate the built-in alarm clock on the parent unit, which is great for knowing when the next feeding or diaper change is. In those early days, it’s easy to forget just about anything!
Another great feature of the Blemil Baby Monitor is its long range, allowing you to move freely around your house while the twins sleep. Plus, this baby monitor doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi, so setup is a breeze!
Best Wide-Angle: Moonybaby Split 55 Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras
- 【Split Screen & Audio for one chosen camera】: With split-screen, you can see two rooms or both children side by side; you won’t miss any precious moments. The best is you also can choose one camera with audio in this mode.
- 【Remote Pan, Tilt, Zoom】 Use parent unit to control the camera to pan, tilt and zoom remotely, you could see your little one no matter where he/she is in the room.
- 【100% DIGITAL WIRELESS SECURED TECHNOLOGY】 ensures private and secure connection between the camera and the monitor. The 2.4Ghz interference-free signal works in home between rooms and upstairs/downstairs. No WIFI/INTERNET setup required.
- 【TWO WAY TALK BACK】: With TALK BACK button, you can talk to your partner or baby when they need you.
The Moonybaby Split 55 Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras is an excellent option for a wide-angle view of your baby’s room. In addition, the digital monitor has five pre-recorded lullabies and excellent black-and-white night vision.
Despite a lower resolution, I appreciate that the split-screen view offers an excellent view into the room. Whether your twins are in different rooms or one room, the Moonybaby gives you peace of mind at night.
The baby monitor doesn’t require Wi-Fi, offering a secure connection throughout your house.
While it’s a great baby monitor, one common complaint is with the controls. For example, you get the setup menu when you turn on the monitor. Also, you’ll find the volume functions hidden in the sub-menus, which can be frustrating if you’re in a hurry.
Best Travel: JouSecu Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras
- ★【3 DISPLAY MODES】Video Baby Monitor there are three modes: split screen, scan mode, view camera, plug and play, no need to set up APP, no need to connect to the Internet.
- ★【2 WAY AUDIO】Baby monitor with camera and audio, can achieve clear 2 way audio. At home, you can talk to your baby in time or play a lullaby to bring comfort to your baby.
- ★【TEMPERATURE DETECTION】Smart baby monitor, 2 cameras with room temperature sensors, temperature warning value can be customized. When the room temperature reaches the set temperature, the screen will sound to remind you. Let babies grow up healthily in an appropriate environment.
- ★【CONVENIENT and PRACTICAL】The screen size can be easily put into the trouser pocket, equipped with a charging cradle, easy to use. It also has many small functions, auto night vision, sound brightness adjustment,VOX Mode,zoom out/in. Signal transmission indoors can cover 300 to 500 feet, the transmission range is longer in open places.
The JouSecu Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras is excellent for travel because it doesn’t require Wi-Fi and the room temperature sensor notifies you if the temperature is not ideal for your little one. I especially like this feature if I’m not at home since I’m not always familiar with how hot or cold a place is.
The baby monitor also has a two-way talkback system, a charging cradle, and auto night vision, and the split-screen parent unit is small enough to fit in your pants pocket.
Since this baby monitor for twins doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi, you just have to plug it in, and you’re set to go. Parents also appreciate the baby monitor connects via a USB plug, making it easy to replace.
Note that you can’t rotate the camera from the parent unit; instead, you have to do it manually. I don’t think this is a problem if you set up the camera to view the whole room instead of a single crib.
How Many Baby Monitors Do You Need for Twins?
When deciding how many baby monitors you need for twins, consider whether they will share a room. If so, you can get away with one baby monitor, especially if you set it up to view the whole room.
The best baby monitors for twins typically come with two cameras, so you can keep an eye on each child, whether they are in the same room or different rooms. Two cameras are also helpful if you want one in a separate space, like the playroom or family room.
You should consider how many rooms you want to keep an eye on so you don’t make two baby monitor purchases.
Choosing the Best Baby Monitor for Twins
There’s no shortage of baby monitors on the market, so it’s good to know what features you prefer and which you can do without. Here’s an overview of what to consider when choosing the best baby monitor for twins.
The best baby monitor for twins allows you to walk around the house without the concern of losing connection. However, it’s good to remember that walls act as obstructions, so you’ll want to keep that in mind as you set up your baby units.
The best baby monitor has a good battery life and doesn’t turn off you when you need it the most. Some baby monitors have a short battery life but have a power-saving feature, ensuring it doesn’t turn off when you need it most.
There’s nothing worse than checking on your baby and having no idea what you’re looking at. I appreciate when a baby monitor for twins provides excellent image quality, allowing you to keep a watchful eye on both of your kiddos.
While smart baby monitors don’t come cheap, you don’t have to break the bank when choosing a baby monitor. Luckily, our list of the best baby monitors for twins covers a wide range of prices, so you can pick the one that suits your needs and wallet the best.
When we lived in Southern California without air conditioning, I appreciated that our baby video monitor had a room temperature sensor so I knew if it got too warm. I found it especially helpful at night when I didn’t want to wake my baby but wanted to ensure the room was cool.
Wi-Fi vs. Non-Wi-Fi
Regarding the best baby monitor, you’ll have to decide whether you want one with Wi-Fi. While most video monitors offer security, there’s always the chance of being hacked if you connect through your internet.
It’s a good idea to research the security features of the video monitor you choose, ensuring you keep it safe from others.
Where should you mount a baby monitor for twins?
When deciding where to mount the baby monitor, it’s best to keep the cord and camera out of reach of your babies. Some parents prefer to attach it to the wall to have a bird’s eye view of the room, while others prefer to set it on a dresser.
Can baby monitors harm babies?
Generally, baby monitors are safe for babies, but keeping the cord out of reach is essential to avoid a strangulation risk. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends that baby monitors be at least three feet from the crib.
Can you leave a baby monitor on all night?
If you plug your baby monitor in, you can leave it on all night. Depending on the model, sleep modes are available, ensuring you don’t run out of battery overnight. Some parents turn off audio monitors so every slight noise doesn’t wake them up.
Can you cover the light on the baby monitor?
If the light on your monitor keeps your baby up, you can put a piece of duct tape over it. It’s best to avoid any type of cloth or towel, which could cause the unit to heat up.
Safe and sound zone. U.S. CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION. (2012, July). https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/5066.pdf
Heard a lot about weighted blankets and lap pads and wondering how to choose one? Here’s our guide to the ins and outs of finding the right weighted blanket.
Looking for the right night light to help your little one ease into bedtime? Check out our guide for everything you need to know about toddler night lights.
Potty Training, Product Reviews
The best swim diapers are comfortable and help prevent your baby from having an accident in the pool or ocean. Find our favorites in this round-up!