13 Best Bassinets for Babies of 2022
When your newborn baby first enters the world, you might think they’ll be ready to sleep in their crib right away. But after living in such a warm, cozy place for the past nine months, a full-sized crib can be a huge adjustment for your baby. That’s why many parents opt to get a bassinet for the first few months of their baby’s life.
Baby bassinets are smaller than traditional cribs and sometimes come with additional features like motion and white noise to help soothe a fussy baby. You can find bedside sleepers and even baby bassinets that convert into co-sleepers to give your baby a safe sleeping space while keeping them close.
Since the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends having your baby sleep in the same room with you for the first six months of their life, having a bassinet will also save you from having to move the entire crib into your room.
The best baby bassinet for your family will depend a lot on your specific needs. To make things a little easier, we’ve rounded up some of the best baby bassinets with detailed descriptions of what makes each one stand out. Here are the best baby bassinets of 2022.
Our Top 13 Picks
1. Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet (Best Overall)
- Item arrives in frustration-free, easy-to-open packaging that’s 100% recyclable. For a gift-ready box, select “Ship in Amazon packaging” at checkout.
- Calming sway motion generated by you or baby!
- Dual-mode lighting! Choose from soothing projection and night light (Light projection unit is removable & can be used as a tabletop soother.)
- Flat sleeping surface with deluxe overhead mobile
A lot of bassinets have convenient features for parents, but the Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet is one your baby will love, too. Along with its swaying motion and vibration mode, this bassinet has a cute mobile, music, and light projection to help relax and entertain your little one.
Parents will love that this bassinet is easy to put together and lightweight enough to move around the house. It also has a waterproof pad, machine washable fitted sheet, and storage space underneath for diapers, wipes, or anything else you might need in the middle of the night with a newborn. Plus, it’s stylish and well-made overall.
Unfortunately, this bassinet doesn’t have an adjustable height, which can be a problem if you want it to be perfectly level with your bed. Keep in mind also that the white noise will shut off after 30 minutes, which might make you wonder why it has this feature in the first place.
2. Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper (Best Co-Sleeping Bassinet)
- Easy to attach or remove from parents’ bed using the two fastening straps provided.
- 7 height positions to suit parents’ bed. Easy-open side panel for bedside mode.
- Two-side mesh makes more breathable and cozy room.
- Stable bottom supported and comfortable mattress with sleeping board.
Multi-functional baby gear, like the Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper, can help make parents’ lives easier and save space. That’s why this is an awesome choice for a baby bassinet—it can function as either a free-standing bassinet or for co-sleeping. To convert it into a co-sleeper, all you have to do is zip down one side and attach it to your own bed with the included straps.
This bassinet has an adjustable height with seven options, so it should be able to fit comfortably with most parent beds when used for co-sleeping. Additional features include wheels (with breaks) that make it easy to maneuver, fabric pockets for storage, and a carrying case. It’s also easy to assemble and easy to clean, with a removable washable mattress cover.
It’s worth noting that the mesh fabric on this bassinet doesn’t come down as far as on some other bassinets, which could make some parents worry. However, it meets all safety standards required for bassinets, so there’s no reason to lose too much sleep over it.
3. Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer
Another option to consider if you’re looking for a convertible co-sleeper and bedside bassinet is the Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer. This one has a lot of the same features as the Mika Mickey, but with some differences. It zips down on one side and uses straps to attach to the parent bed, but can be used as a freestanding bassinet when desired.
This one comes with some really convenient features for parents, including easy set-up, six different height positions, and a machine washable waterproof sheet. It’s also lightweight enough to move around the house, which is helpful if your baby naps in a different room during the day. This roomy bassinet also has a gliding gesture to help soothe your baby to sleep.
Unfortunately, this bassinet doesn’t have any storage or fold compactly for travel. It’s also relatively simple compared to some other options on the market. But if you’re looking for a convenient bassinet that doubles as a co-sleeper, it’s a highly-rated choice.
4. Dream On Me Traveler Portable Bassinet (Best Portable Bassinet)
- LIGHT & MOBILE: Set up the Traveler Portable Bassinet in a jiffy, thanks to snap-on legs & a one-piece top structure. A lightweight aluminium frame makes it easy to carry around. Folds & stores compactly in the provided travel bag making it easily portable
- COMFORTABLE & CONVENIENT FABRIC: The bassinet is made of a polyester foam fabric that is soft and safe. It comes with a full mesh design on the sides that ensures optimal ventilation and visibility. The zipper cover is detachable and easy to clean
- MATTRESS CONVENIENCE: The Traveler comes with a padded mattress that is easy to remove and fold for compact storage. Don’t worry about your child making a mess – simply remove the mattress and wash it. The mattress dimensions are 33.5Lx20Wx1H inches
- STYLISH DESIGN: The Traveler Portable Bassinet is spacious and boasts of a contemporary and clean design. It comes in five beautiful finishes, such as Berry, Cloud Grey, Starlight Blue, Twinkle Grey and Fusion Coral which allow it to blend into any decor
If you’re looking for something that’s easy to travel with, the Dream On Me Traveler Portable Bassinet is super lightweight at just 7.5 pounds. This folding bassinet is compact, easy to set up and take down, and even comes with a convenient carrying case.
Even though this is a travel bassinet, it’s surprisingly spacious and even bigger than some standard bassinets. Overall, it’s a sturdy, nice quality bassinet at an affordable price, too. There are even four stylish colors and designs to choose from.
Compared to some other bassinets, this travel bassinet is relatively simple and not loaded with extra features. For example, there are no storage pockets and it doesn’t have as much mesh as some bassinets, which means you won’t be able to see your baby as easily. It’s a bit on the shorter side, too, and doesn’t have an adjustable height. But keep this one in mind if you’re looking for the best portable bassinet.
5. HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper (Best Luxury Bassinet)
- From your trusted brand leader in safe sleep, our award-winning HALO BassiNest is beloved by parents and nurses for its safety, comfort, and convenience. Our best-selling HALO BassiNest is the only bassinet with a 360º swivel to keep your newborn close allowing for essential bonding.
- Designed with mothers in mind, the patented lowering bedside wall makes it easier to care for baby from bed, especially for breastfeeding and C-section moms.
- Soothing sounds and gentle vibrations create a peaceful environment for your little one to rest safely and comfortably at your side. Includes amber nightlight, amber floorlight, two levels of vibration, and four soothing sounds: heartbeat, white noise, babbling brook, and rainforest (all with auto-shutoff)
- Two convenient storage pockets keeps baby’s necessities within reach. Now, your little one can rest safely and comfortably at your side. Also includes a waterproof mattress and one machine-washable fitted sheet.
The HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper is a higher-end bassinet, but it’s fully loaded with additional features that will make your life easier. Some of these include breathable mesh sides, a 360-degree swivel, and its Soothing Center with quiet music and soothing vibrations. It even collapses for travel and comes with a carrying bag!
One unique feature of this bassinet is how the side lowers with a gentle push to make it easier to reach your baby. The side can be locked in place if you prefer, though. The bassinet stand was also designed to tuck under your bed so you can pull the baby close, much like a co-sleeper. This option is great for taller beds, too.
Keep in mind that this bassinet is a bit bulky and difficult to maneuver around the house. And while it’s on the pricier side, you’ll thank yourself for spending a little extra in the middle of the night when your baby needs you.
6. Arm’s Reach Cambria Co-Sleeper Bassinet
- See and reach your newborn boy or girl at all times with this side sleeper baby bed from the company that invented the term “co-sleeper”
- Two modes: Bedside bassinet co-sleeper or freestanding baby bassinet
- Store larger baby stuff like changing products in your baby bassinet bedside sleeper’s attached under-crib storage basket, and smaller baby things like baby accessories and essentials in its side pockets
- This co-sleeper for baby includes: mattress, fitted sheet, and nylon strap and plate. 4 castor wheels make it easy to move this bassinet bedside sleeper around the house. Built-in leg adjustors fit the sides of different height beds
If you’re looking for something that looks and feels a little more like a traditional mini crib that’s cozier for your newborn, check out the Arm’s Reach Cambria Co-Sleeper Bassinet. Instead of an aluminum frame, this bassinet is made from real wood and looks more like a piece of standard bedroom furniture. It’s a solid bassinet that’s built to last.
And even if aesthetics aren’t a big concern for you, this bassinet has plenty of features you’ll appreciate. While the frame is real wood, it has breathable mesh walls on all sides for breathability and visibility. It has a nice thick but firm mattress, plenty of storage, and even folds down on one side to be used as a co-sleeper. This one also has four wheels, making it easy to move from room to room.
The only issue you might have with this bassinet is that it isn’t really portable. It’s also a bit more expensive than some other bassinets, but it’s a high-quality item and well worth the extra expense.
7. Ingenuity Foldaway Rocking Bassinet (Best Rocking Bassinet)
- More airflow keeps baby more comfortable
- Rocking soothes baby; locks in place when asleep
- Portable design folds for easy transport and storage
- Spacious cradle for more comfortable sleep environment
The Ingenuity Foldaway Rocking Bassinet is a space-saving, compact bassinet that folds flat for portability or storage. Whether you plan to travel with your bassinet or need to store it out of the way from time to time (or when your baby grows out of it), this one will fit the bill. And even though it’s lightweight, it’s still roomy for your little one.
If that’s not enough, this bassinet has plenty of other attractive features you’ll appreciate. It’s easy to put together and has a waterproof mattress pad that’s easy to clean. The fact that this bassinet is also a rocker is a nice added bonus, too. Plus, it’s stylish with neutral colors that will go well with anything, making it our favorite of the rocking bassinets.
One thing to consider is that this rocking bassinet doesn’t have an adjustable height and is a little lower than some. That can be a problem if you don’t like bending down to get your baby or have back issues.
8. Simmons Kids By The Bed Twin City Sleeper (Best for Twins)
- BASSINET FOR TWINS: Mesh sides and walls offer maximum airflow (and visibility) and allow your twins to sleep closely, while providing a safe, separate sleep space for each baby ; Slim base with wheels easily slides under your bed, sofa or chair
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: 5 adjustable heights allow you to pick the height that works for your bed clear view
- AMPLE STORAGE: Large storage pockets provide space for burp clothes, small toys or pacifiers
- COMFORTABLE MATTRESS: Bassinet includes 1″ Thick Mattress with removable sheets that can be machine washed
If you’re a parent of twins, you likely have already purchased two of just about everything. But the Simmons Kids By The Bed Twin City Sleeper will save you from having to buy two bassinets. This space-saving twin bassinet has a breathable mesh divider so your little ones will still be able to see and sense each other while they rest.
Along with being one of the best bassinets for twins, this bassinet is practical and well-made. It’s easy to assemble and has wheels on one side, making it simple to move around your bedroom. The height is adjustable, with five different height options, and it even has some fabric pockets on the sides for wipes or diapers.
Keep in mind that since this bassinet was designed to hold two babies, it’s too bulky to move from room to room. But overall, if you’re looking for something stylish, sturdy, and convenient for your twins, this is a great choice and one of the best bassinets we’ve found.
9. SNOO Smart Sleeper Baby Bassinet (Best Smart Bassinet)
- Added Sleep: SNOO Sleeper boosts sleep 1-2+ hours per night, so parents get more sleep than with other baby cribs or smart furniture. Our moving sleeper bassinet soothes babies with the constant rumbly sound and gentle rocking motion they loved in the womb.
- Automatically Responds To Cries: SNOO detects fussing and the self-rocking bassinet responds with gradually stronger white noise + motion to calm crying. Your own essential personal helper, 24/7!
- Prevents Risky Rolling: The only bassinet, sleeper, or bed that keeps your baby safely on the back, the #1 safe sleep guideline recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Comes with 3 hip-safe sleep sack swaddles.
- Easy To Customize: Our smart app logs sleep and naps, and lets you adjust bassinet’s motion, sound, and cry sensitivity. Includes preemie mode and weaning option for the best transition to the crib.
If you’re willing to invest in one of the priciest bassinets out there, the SNOO Smart Sleeper Baby Bassinet is an award-winning smart bassinet that parents swear by. This bassinet was designed by Dr. Harvey Karp, a pediatrician and the author of The Happiest Baby on the Block.
This smart bassinet uses a constant rumble sound and gentle rocking motions to mimic the sounds and motions of the womb. It even responds to your baby’s cries and fussing by increasing the white noise and rocking to comfort your baby.
By helping parents get the sleep they need, this bassinet promotes safe sleep habits. You won’t be tempted to fall asleep with your baby in your arms, which could lead to falls. And the SNOO sleep sacks it comes with help to keep your baby on their back as they sleep, which helps protect them from SIDS.
While the price of this bassinet may be unrealistic for some parents, if you have the money and are desperate for some sleep, this bassinet might be exactly what you need.
10. Dream On Me Karley Bassinet (Best Outdoor Bassinet)
- LIGHT & VERSATILE:The Karley Bassinet is designed with a lightweight aluminum frame that allows you to move it easily from room to room. It comes with a no-tool assembly & quick-folding mechanism. Use it indoors and carry it outdoors without any hassle
- ROOMY INTERIORS: With dimensions of 34.5Lx19.5Wx37H inches, the Karley is as spacious as they come! The roomy, airy bassinet features an adjustable double canopy that keeps bugs away; there is also a large storage bag to hold your babies’ essentials
- STYLISH LOOK: The Karley is made out of a soft, safe and comfortable polyester foam fabric, which is easy to clean. It is available in nine beautiful finishes, allowing it to blend in beautifully with the nursery of your dreams
- MATTRESS INCLUDED: It includes a dual-sided 1-inch thick mattress pad as recommended by the ASTM & CPSC. Mattress pad specs are 30Lx15Wx1H inches. It meets flame retardants requirement of CPSC.
The Dream On Me Karley Bassinet is another lightweight and portable bassinet that’s great for travel. But this one is also perfect for outdoor use thanks to its full zip-up mesh canopy. So, if you plan on camping or spending time in your yard with your baby sleeping next to you, this makes a great option.
Although it’s lightweight and compact when folded, this bassinet is still sturdy and roomy for your baby when it’s set up. It’s also easy to fold and unfold, includes storage space, and comes in several colors and cute designs. As an added bonus, this bassinet is very affordable.
Keep in mind that the adjustable canopy on this bassinet is not removable. However, it can be unzipped and opened fully when you don’t need the canopy. And since it’s a portable bassinet, this one is a bit on the shorter side and doesn’t have an adjustable height.
11. Fisher-Price Soothing View Bassinet (Best Simple)
- Item arrives in frustration-free, easy-to-open packaging that’s 100% recyclable. For a gift-ready box, select “Ship in Amazon packaging” at checkout.
- Portable bassinet that gently rocks with a light push for sweet dreams at home or for travel!
- Bassinet has lightweight frame and super-slim fold (under 4 inches), so it’s easy to take along or stow away
- Twist and lock feet let you switch from rocking to stationary mode, and full mesh sides let you keep an eye on baby
If you’re looking for a simple but well-made bassinet, you’ll want to check out the Fisher-Price Soothing View Bassinet. It doesn’t come with a lot of extra features, but it still has everything you really need. Plus, it’s inexpensive, stylish, and easy to use.
This basic bassinet includes mesh sides for visibility and airflow, a waterproof pad that wipes clean, and a machine-washable removable fitted sheet. Opening and folding it are both easy, as is moving it around the house. It even folds compact for storage or travel. This one also has a rocking mode, though you can choose to keep it stationary if you prefer.
Of course, if you want something with all the bells and whistles, you might not love this simple bassinet. And it doesn’t rock on its own—you have to give it a gentle push. But if that doesn’t bother you, it’s a nice quality bassinet that’s really convenient and easy to use.
12. Graco My View 4-in-1 Bassinet (Best Convertible Bassinet)
- 4 different ways to use to grow with baby from newborn to toddler
- Stage 1: Raised bassinet for newborn positions baby at your eye level for check-ins throughout the night without having to get out of bed
- Stage 2: Crib-level bassinet for infant offers a cozy, elevated spot for baby to sleep, making it easy to get baby in and out
- Stage 3: Infant travel bassinet is removable so you can keep baby by your side at home or away
Most bassinets are designed to be used for just the first few months of your baby’s life, which can make some parents hesitant to purchase one. If that sounds like you, you might want to consider the Graco My View 4-in-1 Bassinet, which will grow with your child past their first birthday.
This convertible bassinet can be used as a raised bassinet, crib level bassinet, or a toddler crib (essentially a Graco Pack ‘N Play) once your child outgrows the bassinet insert.
A really convenient feature you’ll notice with this one is that the bassinet can be removed from the play yard and used on its own as a standalone portable bassinet. This is great for nap times when you want your baby nearby. Like any other Graco Pack ‘N Play, this one is sturdy and easy to use.
This bassinet is a bit bulky compared to some of the other ones on this list. And you’ll notice that once you lower the bassinet to crib level, you can see your baby through the mesh sides. But this is a great bassinet that will last you beyond the newborn stage.
13. 4moms mamaRoo Sleep Bassinet (Best Affordable Smart Bassinet)
- 5 parent-inspired motions, 5 speeds and 4 white noise options
- Bluetooth Functionality – easily adjust motion, speed, sound, or set a timer with the 4moms app
- Safe Sleep Environment – firm, flat sleep surface with mesh sides for visibility and breathability
- Find Your Roo, exclusively on the 4moms app, helps you find the MamaRoo motion and speed combination that are inspired by your own natural soothing moves
Having a smart bassinet can make your life easier, but they can be extremely pricey. While the 4moms mamaRoo Sleep Bassinet isn’t exactly a budget bassinet, it’s relatively affordable for a smart bassinet. This bluetooth enabled bassinet will let you tailor soothing motions and music to your baby’s preferences without you risking waking up your baby by entering the room.
Like a standard bassinet, it comes with a thin and firm bassinet mattress and breathable mesh sides for safe sleep. It also has 5 different motions to choose from, 5 speeds, 4 different sounds, and a timer to help soothe your baby and help them sleep longer.
Keep in mind that the sounds and motions will shut off after four hours. But, let’s face it, most newborns won’t sleep that long anyway. It does make a little sound when it’s on, too, like other rocking baby gear often does. But it’s really the best affordable smart bassinet you can find.
The best bassinet for you and your baby will depend on what specific features you’re looking for. You might want something you can use as a co-sleeper, a smart bassinet, or something easy to use and portable. But based on factors like budget, ease of use, and features that will keep your baby happy, topping our list of the best bassinets is the Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet.
- Price. Since your baby will only be using their bassinet for the first five months of their life (if that), many parents don’t want to spend a fortune on one. This one isn’t the cheapest item on the list, but it’s still very affordable.
- Ease of use. This lightweight bassinet is easy to move around the house, easy to clean, and even comes with some storage space. It’s easy to put together, too, and nobody needs more complicated baby gear to set up.
- Features. This is a stylish bassinet with breathable mesh sides and plenty of features that your baby will love, too. The swaying motion, vibrations, music, and lights will help calm baby so you can get some much needed rest.
What are important safety considerations for a baby bassinet?
As with any sleeping area your baby uses, make sure that your baby has their own sleeping space with no loose blankets, pillows, or toys. Avoid having your baby share the same bed as you. It’s also important to make sure your baby sleeps on their back to help prevent SIDS. Most babies outgrow their bassinet by 5 months of age, or when they begin to push themselves up, so be sure to switch to a crib by this time.