Make Your Own Spring Flower Arrangement!
Ivan’s class recently went on a field trip to a horticultural festival. They touched plants, smelled herbs, and learned all about flowers and trees. They loved it!
While they were there the teachers helped the children collect specimens from their visit: Ivan found daisies, rosemary, and mint.
When they got back to class they arranged the flowers and herbs in plastic cups to bring home with them. You can do this fun activity with your kids too! Check out Ivan’s arrangement below:
Here’s the simple how-to…
What You’ll Need:
- mini floral cubes
- floral powder
- cut flowers (assorted colors)
- cut greens (assorted fragrances)
- plastic cups
Making Your Flower Arrangement
- Place floral foam cubes into plastic cup.
- Fill cup with some floral powder, just enough to cover around the foam cube.
- Place the flowers and greens into the foam.
- Add a bow or name tag to the plastic cup for decoration.
- You’re done! Don’t forget to add water daily and keep your arrangement out of the sun.
Have you considered creating a sensory room or sensory space in your home? It doesn't have to be difficult or expensive. Take a look at these simple ideas.
Sensory soft play delights the senses but did you know it also helps develop your child’s physical, social, emotional, and cognitive skills, find out more.
If you're looking for resources to help your child's sensory regulation, look no further than a sensory corner! Learn how to create the perfect sensory corner.