7 Best Postpartum Pajamas of 2023
- Postpartum pajamas have unique features that normal pajamas don’t.
- There are five elements to consider before making your purchase.
- Size and fit for these pajamas will differ by brand.
So much of preparing for parenthood is prepping for the baby. Stocking up on diapers, washing the tiny clothes, and putting together the furniture. Of course, all of that is important, but sometimes new moms neglect prepping for themselves postpartum. All the supplies aside, simple comforts like a good pair of postpartum pajamas can go a long way!
If you’re in the process of preparing for your newborn, don’t leave postpartum pajamas off the checklist. Stick around and discover the 7 best postpartum pajamas of 2023 and why you need them for your postpartum journey.
Our Choice: Ekouaer Women’s Pajama Set
- 【Comfy Material】Made of good quality fabric of 95% Rayon, 5% Spandex, breathable, lightweight, and comfortable for new mom.
- 【Convenient for Breastfeeding】Unique side open layer design, easy and discreet enough for nursing.
- 【Adjustable waistband】Full length maternity short featuring with perfect elastic waistband,which can be adjust for your best fit.
- 【Occasion】: Whatever you are pregnancy, labor, breastfeeding your baby after pregnancy, or just sleep wear, loungewear, hospital wear, These are all comfortable pajamas set for you.
The most versatile postpartum pajamas on the market, the Ekouaer Women’s Pajama Set ticks every box for a mommy-to-be. Its adjustable elastic waistband is one of the highlights of this pajama set, as you can change the fit from your pre-pregnancy size through postpartum.
The fabric, both top and bottom, are made with a high-stretch design for maximum comfort that’s not constricting. As with the shorts, the top is also great for use from pregnancy through postpartum since it’s got side ruches that can expand and contract depending on belly size. With 36 styles to choose from, there’s something for everyone.
While the waistband is adjustable, it can flip around in the washer and dryer. It can be annoying to straighten, but it doesn’t necessarily affect the integrity of the garment. Also, some of the colors are known to fade more than others.
Best Button Down: Senert Pajamas Set for Women
- ❤【Soft Pajamas For Women】This women’s pajama set is made of skin-friendly and cozy viscose fabric, which is soft, lightweight, breathable, stretchy, and comfortable, keeping you easeful while sleeping at night, that’s ultra-smooth against the skin so you can enjoy superior comfort.
- ❤【Button Up Pajama Set】This 2 piece pajama set for women features a full button down top that is easy to get on and off. This great feature also makes this pajama set perfect for nursing your newborn because you can easily open and close it to suit your needs.
- ❤【Drawstring Short Pjs Set】This button down pajama set features an elastic waist to make relaxing as comfortable as possible. This short sleeve pajama set is suitable for daily wearing and easy to match, perfect for lounging around the house – even when guests are present. And comfy pajama set will keep you from daily stresses and provide you with a soft and comfortable night.
- ❤【Perfect as a Gift Pajamas】Perfect Gift Choice for Your Girlfriend, Wife, Mother, Sisters or Friends on Birthday, Christmas Day, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Bridal Party Gifts, Honeymoon Vocation or other Festivals or Anniversaries.
A classic-looking pajama set perfect for the postpartum period of life, the Senert Pajamas Set for Women is made of a skin-friendly material even the pickiest mom can’t resist. It’s got a medium stretch with just the right amount of give, along with short length in both the top and bottom to keep you nice and cool.
The best part of this set is the easy breastfeeding access with a full button-down top. The drawstring closure on the shorts is also ideal so you can maintain the perfect fit as weight fluctuates.
It is common for this pajama set to run on the bigger side, so that’s worth remembering if you choose this set. Also, lighter-colored sets like white and the white leaf pattern can be sheer, which might be uncomfortable if you plan to wear them in front of others.
Best Legging Style: Kindred Bravely Jane Nursing Pajama Set
- COMFY, COZY, & CUDDLE-READY – Designed to wear through pregnancy, breastfeeding, and beyond, this sleek and versatile pajama set will quickly become your go-to loungewear. The Jane Nursing Thermal Pajama Set has discreet nursing access and a sleek, feminine design – say goodbye to bulky, sweaty thermal PJ sets!
- SUPER SOFT & LIGHTWEIGHT – The ultra-soft, breathable fabric makes these nursing pajamas perfect for wearing on their own indoors or layering under other clothes for extra warmth without added bulk. For a more relaxed fit, we recommend sizing up.
- CONVENIENT NURSING FUNCTION – The ingenious nursing panel means you don’t have to choose between breastfeeding and staying warm – you can feed your little one while enjoying all your favorite fall and winter activities. No more peeling off layers of clothing in order to nurse!
- VERSATILE & COMFORTABLE – These nursing pajamas for women, ladies’ long johns – or long Janes, if you will – can be worn as breastfeeding sleepwear, innerwear/long underwear, or loungewear. With so many options, you may never take the Janes off!
For legging-style pajamas that don’t disappoint, the Kindred Bravely Jane Nursing Pajama Set gives moms that familiar legging feel with easy nursing access to boot. The top takes on a special, discreet nursing panel, unlike other sets that have a more obvious access point.
You can enjoy this set during pregnancy, too—perfect for moms who prefer a more sleek design rather than a looser fit. The fabric is to die for, most commonly described as having a soft, buttery feel. What more could you ask for?
Be advised it does tend to run small, so take that into consideration when you’re looking at their size chart. The waistband is also a bit stiff, which might be more of an obstacle in the pregnancy phase than in the fourth trimester.
Best Pants Set: Sunnybuy Women’s Pajama Set
- 【3 Piece PJS Set】: 1×Short Sleeve Nuring Top, 1×Maternity Shorts and 1×Pregnancy Long Pants. 2+1 Maternity Clothes sets meet the needs of pregnant women and new moms, like wear shorts for work and long pants for sleep. This jammies suit for spring, summer, fall and winter four seasons.
- 【Top Feature】: The 2 in 1 Maternity Nursing Top is Side Open Double Layer design, easy to quick and discreet feeding for breastfeeding mamas. The ruched side style with high stretchy fabric provide enough space for growing belly.
- 【Bottoms Feature】: The Maternity Pajamas bottom shorts and pants have a soft, stretchy and adjustable waistband which won’t cut into the belly or irritate C-section incision. The elastic band button extenders allow you to easily resize for the best fit throughout pregnancy and postpartum.
- 【Occasion】: SUNNYBUY Maternity Nursing Pajamas Set is suitable for pregnancy, labor and delivery, breastfeeding baby after birth, or sleep wear, loungewear, home hospital wear, bring you the ultimate comfort and pleasure. The pregnancy wardrobe must-have!
If you’re a mom who wants options, the Sunnybuy Women’s Pajama Set is for you! It’s a three-piece set that includes a short sleeve top, shorts, and long pajama pants. With this set, you can easily switch things up if your hormones throw your body temperature for a loop.
The top is very adaptable, providing ruched side panels for growth and side openings for nursing access. All pieces in the set are made of stretchy fabric, complete with an adjustable waistband in the bottoms for a truly custom fit throughout your postpartum period.
While the double-layer design on the top is excellent for privacy, it can get in the way during feeds. This set also has a knack for attracting lint and fur in the wash which can be a pain to remedy.
Fabric Type: Viscose | Type of Closure: Adjustable closure | Available Size: Small – XXLarge
View on Amazon
Best Pocketed Gown: Kindred Bravely Eleanora Nursing Gown
- COMFORTABLE AND STYLISH – Designed to wear before, during, and after your pregnancy, this airy nursing nightgown is made of super-soft, premier bamboo fabric. Plus, the breezy cut is so stylish, it doubles as a nursing dress for daytime wear!
- DESIGNED BY MOMS FOR MOMS – Designed to take you from late night nursing sessions to morning preschool drop-offs, this versatile nursing loungewear dress features pockets, so you can keep your phone, keys, and other essentials close.
- CONVENIENT NURSING ACCESS – This nursing nightgown’s discreet panel breastfeeding access makes nursing a breeze, whether at home or on the go.
- IDEAL YEAR ROUND NURSING NIGHTGOWN – With its lightweight, breathable fabric, the Eleanora Maternity and Nursing Nightgown will keep you cool and comfortable all day – and night – long.
It’s always nice to have your hands as accessible as possible with a newborn baby around. The Kindred Bravely Eleanora Nursing Gown helps you do just that with its functional pockets. Made of premium bamboo fabric, this gown is made of some of the softest materials on the market.
Made with style in mind, plenty of moms actually wear this dress out and about, not just at home. Its discreet nursing access allows you the privacy you need both in public and private, and its airy feel is just the cherry on top.
Still, this nursing nightgown could use some adjustments. For example, the base layer you pull down to nurse could have more stretch to it. This one might not be for shorter women either, as it’ll fall well below the knees.
Best Snap-Off Gown: Ekouaer Women’s Sleeveless Nightgown
- 【3 in 1】:Whether you are pregnant, in labor, or breastfeeding after delivery, this Nursing Tank Nightgown is versatile and roomy enough to meet your needs at any stage. Ideal for maternity, breastfeeding, labor and delivery
- 【Stretchy & Soft】: Made of high-quality fabric, this sleeveless sleepshirt is stretchy, soft, skin-friendly and breathable, making you feel comfortable and cozy. You will not be restrained and will sleep soundly
- 【Convenient Snap Design】:This maternity pajama dress is specially designed, with snaps on shoulder straps, which can be quickly put on and taken off when the baby is hungry or crying, and you can quickly breastfeed
- 【Classic & Stylish】: Our Ekouaer Maternity Nursing Nightgown is U-shaped collar, sleeveless, very classic and elegant. Stripe/pattern design, simple and stylish, let you have a comfortable, free and beautiful day
A nursing nightgown that offers clear, easy nursing access, the Ekouaer Women’s Sleeveless Nightgown won’t leave you fighting against side panels and material. The shoulder snap closures allow you to pull the shoulder fabric completely out of the way! A soft, wrinkle-free fabric, it’s easy to look and feel good in this gown.
A loose and flowy fit, this gown is a C-section recovery must-have, giving your stomach plenty of room to breathe. Speaking of breathability, the material is so lightweight you won’t have to worry about getting too hot.
It’s worth noting that while convenient, the shoulder snaps do take some breaking in. This gown also has a minimal level of stretchiness which works for some, but others may prefer more give.
Best Thermal Set: Ekouaer Nursing Thermal Set
- COMFY, COZY, & CUDDLE-READY: This is the long underwear women have been dreaming of! The Striped Nursing Thermal Pajama Set has discreet nursing access and a sleek, feminine design – say goodbye to bulky, sweaty thermal sets!
- CONVENIENT NURSING FUNCTION: The ingenious nursing panel means you don’t have to choose between breastfeeding and staying warm – you can feed your little one while enjoying all your favorite fall and winter activities. No more peeling off layers of clothing in order to nurse!
- ADJUSTABLE WAISTBAND – Elastic waistband with elastic button extenders for easy transition from pregnancy to motherhood. You can get the best fit size for your waist by adjusting the length of the elastic waistband.
- VERSATILE & COMFORTABLE: These nursing pajamas for women, ladies’ long johns or women thermal underwear set, if you will – can be worn as breastfeeding sleepwear, innerwear/long underwear, thermal underwear or loungewear. With so many options, you may never take the sleepwear off!
If you live in a colder climate or just run chilly most of the time, the Ekouaer Nursing Thermal Set has you covered. A thermal-style set that resembles long johns, they’ll keep you warmer than your average postpartum set. The sleeve cuffs offer an extra level of warmth, too, protecting against cold air intrusion.
Designed to be more fitted, you won’t have that baggy, ill-fitting look. This set is also made with an elastic waistband to stretch for a comfortable fit no matter what stage you’re in. Side panels are also built in for a nursing-friendly experience.
One thing to consider before purchase is that this set typically runs on the shorter side if you’re a taller woman. It’s also not known to be very breathable, but that’s expected with thermal material.
Postpartum Pajamas: Why You Need Them After Giving Birth
You may be wondering what the hype is all about. Why do you need postpartum pajamas anyway? Aren’t they the same as the regular pajamas I already own? A fair question! Turns out, postpartum pajamas are made with several unique features you’re not likely to find in your average set of pajamas, making them postpartum must-haves.
Stretchy waistbands accommodate the rapid change in waist size, offering a soft touch to C-section moms too. Lightweight, moisture-wicking materials give moms temperature regulation as those hormones fluctuate. Plus, most sets accommodate use during pregnancy, not just postpartum.
Snaps, buttons, or side openings provide easy access for breastfeeding moms, too. Sure, you might be able to find one or two of these features in a regular pair of pajamas; but you’re sure to find them all in a good pair of postpartum pajamas since they’re literally made with new moms in mind.
How to Choose the Best Postpartum Pajamas
Before you make your purchase, it’s a good idea to figure out what features will best fit your needs. Maybe some are more important to you than others. Here are some ideas of what you should look for in a set of postpartum pajamas:
- Closure type: You’ve got options when it comes to how your pajama sets will close. Some moms prefer a strap that completely snaps off; others prefer buttons or side openings. It all depends on what you’re comfortable with.
- Length: Postpartum pajama sets come in a combination of different lengths. Some moms run hot and like short sleeves and pants, while others like a long length. There are even combinations of the two!
- Use: How much use do you want to get out of them? Many sets double as maternity pajamas and general postpartum loungewear. Consider if you need to search for a set that takes you from pregnancy through the fourth trimester.
- Fabric: Each set of pajamas is bound to have its own particular blend of fabrics. Consider if you’d like something thicker with warming properties or something a bit more breathable to keep you cool.
- Delivery type: While you can’t always predict how your delivery will occur, it’s worth noting how your delivery may impact your clothing choices. You may not want to wear a waistband after a C-section. Maybe a postpartum nightgown is more fitting?
Do postpartum pajamas have a specific fit or size that I should consider?
Anything in your postpartum wardrobe will have its own specific fit, just as pre-pregnancy clothes do. That said, it’s best to refer to the company’s size chart recommendations for both fit and sizing. In general, though, most moms would recommend going up one size for postpartum pajamas and clothes to properly fit your postpartum body.
How soon can you wear jeans after giving birth?
How soon will differ from woman to woman, though you’ll probably be most comfortable waiting a few weeks before giving jeans a go. Keep in mind that you’ll likely be most comfortable in your maternity jeans as they’ll offer a more loose fit. Don’t rush into your regular jeans until you’re able to lose pregnancy weight.
How long should a mom expect to wear postpartum-sized clothing?
Whether you choose to continue wearing your maternity clothes or you purchase bigger size clothes to wear postpartum, one thing is for sure; you won’t be back into your pre-pregnancy clothes right away, like some moms may think. Plan to wear maternity or postpartum clothes for a minimum of eight weeks after birth.
Braille and Literacy, Product Reviews, Visual Impairment
Dana Meachen Rau's book, Sense of Play, follows the adventures of Chip and Joy as they play. Chip is blind, but this doesn't get in the way of their play!
Wondering whether white noise will help your little one sleep better? Here’s our guide to the best baby sound machines to help your baby fall asleep soundly.
Heard a lot about weighted blankets and lap pads and wondering how to choose one? Here’s our guide to the ins and outs of finding the right weighted blanket.