The 5 Best Baby Bath Pillows of 2023
- Baby bath pillows provide extra comfort and safety that make them worth the investment.
- These pillows keep your baby warmer in the bath than a plastic tub.
- Baby bath pillows are often made for standard-sized sinks or tubs.
Giving your baby a bath for the first time is such a precious moment. You get the tub ready, grab the shampoo, and obsess over the temperature of the water, making sure everything is just right. Then you put your baby in the infant tub and quickly realize this is trickier than it looks.
Babies often slip and slide around in plastic infant tubs, making the task difficult for parents and uncomfortable for babies. I know firsthand how tricky this can be, having five children.
Thankfully, there’s a solution to slippery tubs with hard surfaces. Bath pillows are one of the best baby bathtub options that support your baby in the tub. They will keep your little one comfortable while you lather and rinse.
If you are looking for a baby bath pillow for your child, you are in the right place. I’ve rounded up the best baby bath cushions of 2023.
Our Choice: Blooming Bath Lotus Bath Pad
- Handmade from the Softest Materials – The Blooming Bath Lotus baby bath seat measures 33 inches tip-to-tip and conforms to most sinks to cradle and protect your baby in soft Minky plush petals, creating safe and comfortable baby bath support both parent and infant will love. Turn your sink into a comfy, cozy baby bathtub
- Newborn Essentials Must Haves – Each Lotus flower bath mat has 4 contoured petals and anti-slip beading that form a safe and soft baby tub for a stress-free bathtime. Not only are they baby bath essentials, but Blooming Bath flowers can also make a great bath seat for babies 6 months & up as your infant transitions from sink baths into the baby bath tub
- Easy to Care For – Our ultrasoft crystal Minky fabric is washer and dryer safe on delicate. After a delightful baby sink bath with your newborn girl or boy, simply wring out excess water from the baby bath pad and place in the dryer, no extra work required
- Praised by Parents – Blooming Bath was awarded the Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA) Award for its innovative design, combining baby lounger and baby bath mat to transform bathtime from a slippery, stressful event to carefree, comfy-cozy bonding time for new parent and newborn
Some parents find washing their babies in the sink easier than in the tub. The Blooming Bath Lotus Bath Pad is the best baby bathtub pillow for the sink.
In a standard-sized sink, this pillow will surround your baby to keep them from hitting their head on the rim of the sink. You’ll be able to safely wash your newborn without worrying about them slipping down. The polyester material with cushioned insert is thick and comfortable.
With over 10,000 raving reviews from parents, it’s a popular choice and makes a great baby shower gift. It comes in six different colors and is comparable in price to other baby bathtubs.
The bath pad is recommended for babies from 0 to 6 months old. However, many parents have found other uses for the flower. You can use it as a floor mat for your baby to lay on or as a cushion for your older baby to sit on in the tub.
When you’re finished bathing your newborn, wring out the flower and hang it up to dry using the hang tag on the back of the flower. This pillow is also washer and dryer safe for optimal cleaning.
Some parents noted that the flower is very difficult to wring dry, as it absorbs a lot of water. You’ll want to monitor the amount of water left in the pillow to avoid growing mold.
Most Comfortable: Skip Hop Baby Bath Tub
- Perfectly sized to cradle newborns and infants, our plush and supportive sink bather is a must-have for your baby’s first baths
- With a soft terry surface and a padded whale tail to protect baby’s head, the cushioned design fits in bathroom and kitchen sinks to cradle infants for comfy and convenient bathing
- The mesh bottom drains water quickly, and the hook-and-loop strap makes it easy to hang dry
- Ideal for newborns and infants, ages 0-6months
If you’re looking for a baby bathtub pillow that surrounds your baby in comfort, this is for you. The Skip Hop Baby Bath Tub is a padded baby tub that is soft enough for any newborn.
This bath pillow is a great alternative to a plastic baby bathtub. It cradles your newborn and keeps them comfortable while you wash them in the tub or sink. You won’t have to worry about them slipping around while trying to wash their hair and body.
The Skip Hop baby tub is made from polyester with a mesh bottom. This allows the water to drain quickly. There is also a velcro strap so parents can hang the tub to dry.
In a normal-sized sink, this baby bathtub pillow will fit perfectly. If you have a large sink, you can still use it, but won’t be able to fill the sink with as much water. If your baby is light, the tub might float with too much water.
Parents should know that you will have to quickly dry out the baby bathtub pillow after use to keep it from growing mold. After bathing your baby, remove the pillow and hang it to dry. You can toss it on low heat in the dryer to be sure the water is gone.
Best Budget: Kecuco Baby Bath Cushion Infant
- ★Healthy and Comfortable – Our bady bath sponges cushion are made of fiber Sponge, very soft and gentle after fully soaking in water, perfect for your baby‘s delicate skin.
- ★Deep ergonomic design – Four support points, More comprehensive support for baby’s head, neck and back, A-Wing: Raise head, hole baby’s head to avoid choking water, B-Base: Closely with baby’s back, prevent the body form slipping C-Block: Support arms, close to the shoulder, D-Block: Cupped baby’s hips, easy to wash baby’s buns
- ★Good water absorbing property and air permeability – Excellent ventilation, it also helps to keep your baby’s skin healthy. Strong absorbability and soft to add water nutrients to the skin and keep your baby happy and comfortable during bath time.
- ★Soft and Durability Material: Slip-resistant material for your baby’s safe bathing, can effectively preventing baby’s back from falling off. Holds a growing baby better during bath time.
If you’re on a budget, look no further. The KECUCO Baby Bath Cushion Infant is a comfortable alternative to a plastic baby bathtub.
This baby bathtub cushion might seem too simple to be any good. It’s basically a giant sponge for your baby. However, don’t underestimate the benefit of the simple design with affordable pricing.
We ordered this bathtub pillow for our 1-month-old baby. I was tired of trying to wash her in a plastic baby tub while trying to keep her from sliding around. This was the perfect alternative to make bath time easy.
The sponge is comfortable and thick enough to provide extra padding, without absorbing too much water. It’s also nice that my baby can lay flat on her back and I don’t worry about her slipping off. The included fish sponges are perfect for squeezing water out to wash my baby’s hair.
When I’m done washing her, I simply squeeze out the sponge and place it on the side of the tub to dry. It doesn’t take long to dry and I haven’t noticed any residual water. I also love that it’s lightweight and easy to move once you squeeze the water out.
The sponge looks big enough to fit a baby up to around 6 months, but you can use it long after that. I plan on using it as a cushion for her to sit on in the tub when she gets older. This will keep her from sliding around in the tub.
The only thing I wish this baby bathtub pillow had is a loop to hang the sponge to dry.
Best Accessory: Summer Infant Deluxe Bath Cushion
- Fits inside most baby bath tubs, providing extra comfort and support against the plastic tub
- Soft material conforms to baby
- No-slip backing
- Quick-dry material helps prevent mold and mildew
My next pick is for those who have a baby bathtub they want to make more comfortable. The Summer Infant Deluxe Bath Cushion is the perfect accessory for hard baby bathtubs.
This baby bathtub pillow is designed to fit most tub models. If you have a standard plastic baby bathtub without netting, it will likely fit. I love that this removes the need to buy a completely new tub if your baby is uncomfortable.
The pillow stays in place on the tub with a non-slip backing. It’s made from polyester and has a quick dry cushion insert. It’s soft to the touch and just thick enough to keep your baby comfortable without absorbing too much water.
When you’re finished bathing your baby, you can wring out the water and hang it to dry. The top of the pillow features a handle that will allow it to hang in the shower. Alternatively, you can throw the pillow in the washer and dryer.
Like many other bath pillows, you will have to make sure the pillow gets completely dry after each use. Some parents found mold growing on the pillow over time. Using the dryer might help dry the pillow more thoroughly.
Best Inflatable: Boon Puff Inflatable Baby Bather
- Cloud-Like Comfort: Super soft microfleece of the newborn bathtub comfortably cradles the baby during bath time and holds water for extra warmth
- Convenient Design: Bath tub designed to fit in most sinks or the adult tub, making it easy to get baby squeaky clean
- Portable Bath Tub: Baby bather inflates in seconds and quickly deflates when bath time’s done, making it great for travel
- Easy Dry Baby Bather: Remove the microfleece cover and toss it in the dryer or just hang to dry; it dries quickly on its own
Inflatable baby bathtub pillows are a great alternative to plastic tubs. The Boon Puff Inflatable Baby Bather is an inflatable pillow that will keep your baby safe and comfortable.
This inflatable tub comes with a microfleece cover. Inflatable tubs often have hard seams, so the fleece will keep your baby from coming in contact with those. Microfleece also dries quickly and is washer and dryer safe.
While some parents might find the inflatable option a nuisance, it makes a convenient travel option. You can deflate the bathtub pillow quickly and store it away in luggage if needed. The strap makes it easy to hang dry anywhere you go.
This inflatable bathtub pillow will fit in most sinks and in the tub. One feature I love is the dip in the bottom of the pillow for water. When you fill the tub, you can add water to the bottom of the pillow as well to keep your baby warm while you wash.
Throughout the years, I have realized there are several things that make bathtime easier with a newborn or older baby. Add these accessories into your bath time routine to make bath time enjoyable:
Baby Bath Pillows: Making Baby Bathing Safer and Comfier
Baby bath pillows are a luxury item. They are not a necessity in order to wash your baby. However, they do provide extra comfort and safety that make them worth the investment.
Here are just a few benefits baby bath pillows provide:
- Allow your baby to relax.
- Keep your baby from sliding in the tub.
- Keep your baby warmer than with a plastic tub.
- Provide cushion to prevent their head from hitting the side of the sink.
- Support your baby’s head, neck, and back while in the tub.
Choosing the Best Baby Bath Pillow for Your Baby
When looking for a baby bath pillow, there are a few questions you’ll want to find the answers to before making a purchase. This will help you choose the best baby bath pillow for your home.
Can it be used in a sink or tub?
Some baby bath pillows are only made for sinks. These models are made to squish together and support the baby as they sit upright or lay back. You’ll want to make sure the dimensions of your sink work for that pillow.
Other baby bath pillows stay upright on their own. These are perfect for use in the tub. You won’t have to worry about the size of your tub with this option.
Is it machine washable?
Having a baby bath pillow that you can throw in the washer and dryer makes life easier. You’ll want to consider how important this is to you. Not all baby bath pillows will hold up in the washer and dryer.
Does it dry quickly?
No one wants a moldy bath pillow. Be sure the material you choose dries quickly. This will help prevent mold from forming on the pillow.
Does it provide adequate cushion?
Some baby bath pillows provide maximum cushion but accumulate too much water. Others soak up little water but aren’t very comfortable. You’ll want to find a pillow that falls somewhere in the middle.
Be sure to check the reviews to see what parents have to say about comfort and water retention.
How should you clean a baby bath pillow?
Some bath pillows are able to go in both the washer and dryer. If yours isn’t washer and dryer safe, you can soak the pillow in vinegar and water to remove buildup. We’ve found this is the best way to clean bath toys as well.
Many parents worry about mold or mildew building up in their baby bathtub products. The key to preventing mold and mildew in bath items is to remove water as best as possible. Be sure to wring out excess water from your bath pillow before drying.
Can I use a baby bath pillow in any type of bathtub or only in specific ones?
Baby bath pillows are often made for standard-sized sinks or tubs. If you’re using the pillow in a large sink, you’ll need to prop the pillow up using something else. The pillow will slide or lay flat if the sink is too big.
Can I use a baby bath pillow for my newborn or should I wait until they are a certain age?
It’s perfectly safe to use a baby bath pillow for a newborn. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use. Newborns often love the cozy feel of bath pillows in the tub.
Are there any risks or precautions I should be aware of when using a baby bath pillow?
There are always risks when babies are near or in water. As always, stay within arm’s reach of your baby and monitor closely while they are in the tub to prevent drowning. Don’t use bath pillows for sleeping or any other use, as they could cause suffocation.
Braille and Literacy, Product Reviews, Visual Impairment
Dana Meachen Rau's book, Sense of Play, follows the adventures of Chip and Joy as they play. Chip is blind, but this doesn't get in the way of their play!
Wondering whether white noise will help your little one sleep better? Here’s our guide to the best baby sound machines to help your baby fall asleep soundly.
Heard a lot about weighted blankets and lap pads and wondering how to choose one? Here’s our guide to the ins and outs of finding the right weighted blanket.