7 Best Baby Monitors Without Wifi of 2023
- The best baby monitors without Wi-Fi provide parents with a clear image of their baby’s room and offer protection from security hacking.
- Most non-Wi-Fi baby monitors have zoom controls, lullaby options, pan and tilt, and night vision.
- Video monitors allow you to see your baby and give you the flexibility of moving around the house.
I was never interested in a Wi-Fi baby monitor because I didn’t want to log into my phone every time I tried to check on my baby. However, I see the appeal if you have a babysitter at home and want to check on your little one from outside the house, but there are numerous reasons why you can go “old school” with baby monitors.
The best baby monitor without Wi-Fi offers excellent video quality, two-way audio, high sound quality, and securely lets you check on your baby.
Many new parents want to see into a nursery or playroom but are uncomfortable connecting to Wi-Fi. With all the monitors on the market, we’ve helped take the guesswork out and have rounded up the top monitors without Wi-Fi to give you peace of mind.
Our Choice: Infant Optics DXR-8 Pro
- RELIABLE MONITORING: Our patent-pending, Active Noise Reduction technology, filters out background noises in the nursery like fans, air purifiers, heaters, and air conditioners so you can hear your baby more clearly and enjoy a restful night’s sleep. Never miss a moment using our baby monitor for home.
- ULTRA-CLEAR VIDEO QUALITY: Our high definition screen offers sharp video quality and enhanced night vision with 720P resolution for ultimate coverage. The closed circuit camera system is hack proof so the video feed is only viewable by you. Our highest-rated baby monitors ensure your baby’s safety.
- VIVID LARGE 5″ SCREEN: Infant Optics camera allows you to see more of your baby and their cute moments with an expansive 5-inch display. Its improved LCD screen offers better brightness, sharpened viewing angles, and a vivid color display, giving you exceptional clarity day and night, even in low-light settings.
- HACK-PROOF CONNECTION: To assure that your kid’s room camera will never be accessed by a third party, we operate on a 2nd-generation FHSS closed ciruit camera system, so only you can see and hear your baby. Each camera unit only pairs with ONE monitor unit, ensuring a secure and private connection for your family.
Many parents will tell you the Infant Optics DXR-8 Pro is the best baby monitor without Wi-Fi. First, the video monitor has a 5” screen, allowing you to zoom in for a better look at your sleeping baby.
While the baby monitor has a noise-reduction feature to block background noise, it also has a 1000mW speaker for the sounds you want to hear.
You can also use multiple cameras, which is handy if you have more than one child or want to set up an additional camera in the playroom. The parent unit has various controls, including tilting and panning, which is helpful if your little one likes to move around during the night.
- DXR-8 PRO Additional Duration: 24 hours of with screen on continuously
- DXR-8 Additional Duration: 48 hours of with screen on continuously
- Compact – one of the smallest and lightest 10,000mAh portable chargers.
- Extend the battery duration of your baby monitor to get through a whole day without needing a static charging point. Bring your DXR-8 or DXR-8 PRO with this power bank along with you around the house
In addition, you can pair the baby monitor with a portable battery pack for up to 24 hours of battery life, which is handy while traveling. You can also use the two-way talk system allowing you to remind your child to go to sleep.
While the Infant Optics DXR 8 is pricier than others on our list, I can tell you from experience that investing in a high-quality baby monitor pays off. I have three children and have re-used my video baby monitors from one child to the next, and I never had one with Wi-Fi.
Best Battery Life: VTech VM819-2
- 💖Best-in-class Battery Life and Range – With up to 19hours of video streaming, this 2-camera system lets you monitor your children throughout the night easily. With up to 1000 feet of range, you can stay connected with your children from another room or even from the yard.
- 💖 Privacy Guarranteed. No Wi-Fi or App Pairing – Trusted by US families for more than 3 decades, each VTech monitor is transmitted via secured internal 2.4GHz channel with FHSS technology, so you can rest assured that you’re the only one who can hear and see your baby. Parent Unit -4.92 x 2.87 x 1.30 inches. Baby Camera Unit -2.56 x 2.79 x 4.78 inches
- 💖2.8″ Display with Temperature Indication – Clearly see every little move right from the parent unit. Besides, the built-in temperature sensor on the camera will send alert to the parent unit. Let you know when it’s time to adjust the thermostat.
- 💖 Two Viewing Options. Choose how you want to keep an eye on your family – single view or patrol model (single view that transitions to a different camera every 10 seconds). “
The VTech VM 819-2 is one of the best baby monitors without Wi-Fi, mainly due to its superior battery life. One complaint many parents have about baby monitors is they lose their battery life quickly.
However, the VTech VM 819-2 has 19 hours of battery life, enough time to get you through the night.
In addition, the VTech baby monitor includes an extra camera, which is convenient if you want one in the bedroom and the other in a playroom. With the dual cameras, you can choose a single view or patrol view that transitions to a different camera every 10 seconds.
While the VTech baby monitor blocks interference, it also blocks quieter noises like the subtle sound of your baby breathing. However, the sound quality shouldn’t be an issue if you primarily use the monitor to listen to loud noises, like crying or screaming.
Best Audio Only: VTech DM111
- Best-in-class Long Range ** The VTech DM111 Audio Baby Monitor’s dependable long operation range covers up to 1,000 feet, lets you go about your day and stays connected with your baby from another room or even from the yard
- Upgraded Rechargeable Battery ** Parent Unit includes a built-in rechargeable battery that supports up to 8 hours of portable operation. With the belt clip, the Parent Unit can be attached to your pocket or shirt
- Easy Set-up Plug & Play ** Simply connecting power for both units and allow 1-min for the units to link to each other. Parent Unit- 2.6 x 1.9 x 4.6 inches, Baby Unit- 3.3 x 2.3 x 4.4 inches
- Easy to Use ** The speaker volume on the parent unit is easily controlled by pressing the up or down arrow keys. When the parent unit is in mute, the visual sound indicator will still indicate the sound detected from the baby unit
The VTech DM111 is a fantastic option for parents who don’t need a video baby monitor. In addition, the 1000-foot range allows you to move freely around your house without worrying about missing your baby’s cries.
Parents also appreciate the easy-to-use controls on the parent unit, rechargeable battery, belt clip on the parent monitor, and sound alerts for out-of-range and low battery.
In addition, the parent monitor has a 5-level sound indicator, so you can have the unit muted but still see sound coming from your child’s bedroom.
While traditional baby monitors have video, it’s not always needed, especially if you only want to keep an ear out and prefer an audio-only mode.
In addition, this non-Wi-Fi baby monitor’s battery offers up to eight hours of portable operation.
Best Range: HelloBaby Video Baby Monitor
- 💖【REMOTE 355° PAN and TILT BABY MONITOR & 5″ COLOR DISPLAY】: Enjoy a 5″ Big Screen on this baby camera monitor. Remote control camera rotate 355° in horizontal and 120° vertical gives you a larger view of your baby’s room. 2X zoom function ensures clear visuals. Noiseless camera rotation for a peaceful environment.
- 💖【INFRARED NIGHT VISION & 2-WAY AUDIO VIDEO BABY MONITORING】: Crisp night vision gives you a clear view of your little one as they snooze. We are the first brand to adopt the invisible infrared LED baby monitor, you can have a clear video feed at night without disrupting your little baby.
- 💖 【EASY SET UP & SAFE BABY MONITOR NO WIFI NEEDED】: This is a non-wifi video baby monitor. Adopted advanced 2.4GHz FHSS and digital encryption technology. The data transferred between the camera and monitor is so fast, and you don’t need to worry about hacking risks. Believe me, your baby is safe.
- 💖【SMART BABY MONITOR FEATURES】: The crystal clear Two-Way Audio feature allows conversation both ends as clear as if you were in the same room with your little one. Room Temperature Monitor and Alert, Night vision, 8 Lullabies, Sound Level LED Indicator, Audio only Saving Power Mode, Tabletop or Wall Mounting Options, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to 4 cameras), ideal gift for baby register, new parent gift.
The HelloBaby Video Baby Monitor is a favorite amongst parents because of its affordable price and excellent sound and picture quality.
In addition, the baby monitor has night vision, allowing parents to see into their baby’s crib regardless of the time of day. I returned a baby monitor because it failed to work once the sun went down, so I appreciate the HelloBaby.
Parents also love the two-way talk feature, allowing them to talk to their children like they are in the same room. I found this feature helpful as my kids got older and didn’t get upset when they heard my voice from the other room, especially if the baby monitor was set up in the playroom.
Finally, you’ll want to pay attention to where you mount the video baby monitor because the zoom won’t work to your advantage if you get too close. As a tip, keep it a little further away, to begin with, and move it closer to find the optimal location.
Best Screen: eufy Video Baby Monitor
- Sweet Dreams on the Big Screen: The large 5″ 720p video baby monitor display shows a sharp picture with 10 times more detail than ordinary 240p-display baby monitors.
- Ready for Their First Steps: When your baby starts to walk and run around, just attach the included lens to expand the view to 110°. No need to purchase another lens.
- Pan from Pillow to Pinky Toes: Pan the lens 330° to see corner-to-corner and tilt 110° to see floor to ceiling.
- Instant Alerts: Get alerted immediately from the video baby monitor when your baby is crying, even when you’re sleeping.
The eufy Video Baby Monitor is an excellent non-Wi-Fi baby monitor that gives parents a large, clear screen to keep an eye on the baby.
In addition, you can attach the included wide-angle lens when using the baby monitor for a playroom since it provides a view of 110°. The eufy monitor also has two-way audio, allowing you to talk to your little one from the other room.
Parents appreciate the portable baby monitor that can pan 330°, giving you an excellent room view. The baby monitor also has an adjustable VOX sleep feature, letting the user decide which noise level to be alerted to.
Additional features include lullaby options, night vision, temperature monitoring, and power saving mode. You can also attach the baby camera to the wall, allowing you to view your child’s room better.
Best Budget: ANMEATE Baby Monitor
- High quality color screen: This unique baby monitor features a High Resolution Display with 2x zoom magnification for comprehensive coverage. The 2.4” screen can deliver streaming live view whenever you check in.
- High definition night vision & temperature monitoring: This baby monitor with camera has 8 infrared LED Lights and could constantly monitor babies’ activities. Other built-in features include automatic night vision and temperature monitoring.
- Two way talking & long transmission range: The video monitor covers a transmission range of up to 960 feet.You could play 4 soothing lullaby songs or use the two-way talk back intercom function to comfort your babies.
- Easy installation & high capacity battery: Simply plug in camera and monitor to use this magic baby monitor! The Li-ion battery is 950mAh and lasts 8 hours in eco mode.
The ANMEATE Baby Monitor is one of my favorite baby monitors without Wi-Fi because it has everything you need to keep an eye on your little one.
In addition, the ANMEATE is fantastic if you don’t want to break the bank, making it great for traveling or using at the grandparent’s house.
The parent unit has a stand, allowing you to quickly check on your baby while making dinner or moving around the house. Parents also appreciate the infrared night vision, giving them a clear view of the baby’s room when the sun goes down.
You can also monitor the temperature in your baby’s room on the parent unit, which is a feature I always prefer.
Best Multi-Camera: Babysense Video Baby Monitor
- Hack-Proof & High Definition View: The 720 HD image on the large 5″ LCD display provides crystal clear secure viewing. Enjoy exquisite remote control convenience with remote pan and tilt and up to x4 zoom, at a 1000ft range (in open space).
- Split-Screen HD Display with 2 HD Cameras: This HD video baby monitor is equipped with 2 HD cameras and SPLIT-SCREEN feature, allowing to see both cameras or babies side by side on the same screen. You are sure to always know what’s going on in your baby’s room!. Connect up to 4 cameras in different rooms.
- Soothe & Comfort Your Baby: Use the two-way audio, white noise sound or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. Watch your kid in the nursery 24/7, thanks to the IR night vision of this high-end portable baby cam monitor.
- Never Miss a Single Moment: We use a novelty 4000 mAh battery and power-saving mode for auto-activation of the monitor based on the sound of your baby. Enjoy the built-in adaptable intensity night light, to ensure optimal sleeping environment in your baby’s room.
The Babysense video baby monitor has two cameras making it the best baby monitor for twins if you choose to put them in separate rooms.
One of my favorite things about the Babysense Video Baby Monitor is the split-screen feature, allowing you to see two rooms simultaneously.
In addition, the automatic night vision gives you a clear image, regardless of the time of day. For example, you can mount the baby unit to the wall or set it on a table or dresser.
The baby unit also has preprogrammed lullabies that you can control from the parent unit, so you don’t have to risk waking the baby by entering their room. However, the unit has two-way audio allowing you to talk back and forth with your little one.
Reasons to Choose a Baby Monitor Without Wi-Fi
Baby monitors without Wi-Fi have several benefits you should be aware of while shopping:
- Security: Wi-Fi baby monitors are more likely to be hacked because they are connected to your router. While rare, it’s a good reason to find a baby monitor without Wi-Fi. If your baby monitor was hacked, you don’t have to get rid of it; instead, ensure it’s updated, and you change the password.
- Easy-to-Use: Parents appreciate how easy the best baby monitors without Wi-Fi are to use. You don’t have to download an app or log in whenever you want to see your child. Instead, you turn on the parent unit and peek at your little one.
- Fewer Delays: Since Wi-Fi baby monitors rely on the internet, you’re less likely to experience delays with ones that don’t have the tech feature.
- Affordable: Typically, non-Wi-Fi monitors are more affordable since they don’t have the extra technology of a Wi-Fi monitor. However, the best affordable baby monitors still provide the same benefits and features as a Wi-Fi monitor.
Guide to Choosing the Best Baby Monitor Without Wi-Fi
Baby monitors come equipped with a host of different features. Depending on your needs and preferences, some features will be must-haves and others optional. Look out for these elements when comparing baby monitors:
- Screen Quality: Finding a non-Wi-Fi baby monitor with a high-quality screen gives you a clearer picture of your child. Several monitors on the list have high-definition screens, providing a crisp image.
- Battery Life: I prefer the convenience of walking around the house with the parent unit and not worrying about the battery running out. The best video monitor without Wi-Fi offers excellent battery life; some operate in a power-saving mode to extend the battery’s life.
- Zoom or Wide Angle: Having a baby monitor allows you to zoom in to view your baby better. I appreciate zoom if I see something I’m unsure about. In addition, if the monitor is set up in a playroom, it’s helpful to zoom in to take a closer look when your child is playing or access a wide-angle lens.
- Temperature Monitoring: Personally, the best video baby monitor has room temperature sensors indicating whether your child’s room is too warm or cold. Some monitors will alert you when the room is at a high temperature, making it uncomfortable for your little one. You may also find monitors with humidity readings.
- Lullabies/White Noise: Instead of having a separate machine for sounds, the best non-Wi-Fi baby monitors are pre-programmed with several to choose from, reducing the number of devices around the house.
How far can a baby monitor without Wi-Fi transmit?
Many baby monitors without Wi-Fi have a transmission range of up to 1000 feet, without more advanced models reaching 1500 feet. Once you are out of range, you can no longer see the image on the monitor or hear sound.
How does the monitor transmit the audio or video feed without Wi-Fi?
Traditionally, baby monitors transmit radio signals between the receiver and monitor to communicate, similar to walkie-talkies.
Do baby monitors without Wi-Fi have interference issues with other electronic devices or wireless signals?
Any wireless device, like baby monitors, can cause interference issues, but digital baby monitors are less likely to experience interference.
Are there any health or safety concerns associated with using baby monitors without Wi-Fi?
According to the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association, you should keep baby monitors at least three feet away from your baby to prevent potential strangulation from the cords. While radiation risk is low from baby monitors, opting for a lower frequency reduces any chance of exposure.
Braille and Literacy, Product Reviews, Visual Impairment
Dana Meachen Rau's book, Sense of Play, follows the adventures of Chip and Joy as they play. Chip is blind, but this doesn't get in the way of their play!
Wondering whether white noise will help your little one sleep better? Here’s our guide to the best baby sound machines to help your baby fall asleep soundly.
Heard a lot about weighted blankets and lap pads and wondering how to choose one? Here’s our guide to the ins and outs of finding the right weighted blanket.