The 7 Best Baby Wrap Carriers of 2023
- Some of the earliest humans used baby wrap carriers to keep their babies close.
- The best baby wrap carriers will allow parents to safely and securely carry their little ones without a strain on their backs and shoulders.
- Many baby wraps are built to accommodate every stage, from infants to toddlers.
With all 5 of my babies, I’ve used baby wraps. When I’ve got laundry to fold or other children to care for, it’s nice to have my hands available. Baby wraps are my favorite type of baby carrier for that purpose.
The first time I tried a baby carrier, it was a miserable fail. I was given a one-shoulder sling for my newborn. After one day of toting her around in it, my shoulders and back were killing me.
It wasn’t until someone let me borrow their baby wrap carrier that I found true joy in baby-wearing. I could carry my baby all day without any pain.
Baby wrap carriers are life savers for parents of infants and toddlers. The best baby wrap carriers will allow parents to safely and securely carry their little ones without a strain on their backs and shoulders.
If you’re shopping for the best baby wrap carrier for your little one, look no further. I’ve listed the best baby wraps to add to your baby gear.
Our Choice: Acrabros Baby Wrap Carrier
- PREMIUM BABY WRAP CARRIER – The balance of comfort, style, and support, each wraps around your back and crosses in the front for inward-facing baby wear.
- SUPPORTIVE HANDS-FREE CARRYING – A smart way to keep your baby comfortable, protected, and close to your chest. This baby wrap carrier lets you comfortably carry infants and toddlers aged 0-3 in various positions.
- SOFTER BREATHABLE COMFORT – Knitted with a stretchy, high-quality rayon/polyester blended yarn,our baby wrap carrier is lighter and more comfortable for you and your baby.
- Reinforced Gender Neutral Design – Acrabros baby wrap carrier offer double-sided stitching for more strength and posture stability for safe hip development.one-size-fits-all baby carrier, the stretchy knit and trendy color makes it a great addition to any mom looking to care and cradle a baby.
If you’re looking for a solid baby carrier at a great price, the Acrabros Baby Wrap Carrier is for you.
I was immediately drawn to this wrap because of the fantastic reviews and great price. With over 17,000 raving reviews, this is a favorite among parents. After testing it on my two-month-old, I have to agree that this carrier does an excellent job.
I was impressed with all the color choices this baby wrap is available in. There are 10 solid colors to choose from. I went with a gray since it’s more neutral and will go with any outfit, but all of the choices were attractive.
This baby wrap is made with one long piece of fabric that you wrap around yourself in a specific way. The tutorial video on their listing makes it easy to learn how to use the wrap.
The rayon and polyester blend is soft and stretchy. I’ll be using this during the summer months, and don’t feel like it will be uncomfortable in hot weather. However, some parents have noted that the thicker fabric isn’t appropriate for their climate.
The double-sided stitching keeps the fabric secure. It feels just as sturdy as I would expect it to and is rated to support up to 35 lbs.
Most Popular: Boba Wrap Baby Carrier
- Crafted for Newborns: The gentle bounce created by carrying your little one in this classic baby body carrier simulates the familiar environment of the womb, making this baby chest carrier perfect for newborns from 7-35 lbs
- Certified Hip-Healthy: The baby carrying sling has been certified “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute and supports your little one’s natural position through all stages! Our ergonomic baby carrier for men and women offers even weight distribution to relieve pressure on your back and shoulders.
- 4-Way Stretch Fabric: Made from 95% French terry cotton and 5% spandex, the 4-way stretch newborn baby carrier is soft and supportive for both parent and baby. The baby carrying wrap is machine washable and dryer-proof
- One-Size-Fits-All: Designed to contour to the shape of every parent and baby perfectly, our petite to plus size baby carrier fits all shapes and sizes. The sag-resistant Boba wrap baby carrier supports babies from 7 lbs to 35 lbs
With over 25,000 reviews on Amazon, many parents turn to the Boba Wrap Baby Carrier for their baby-wearing needs.
Parents will appreciate all the colors the wrap comes in. With 13 different colors and cute prints, there is something for everyone.
The breathable fabric is made with 95% cotton and 5% spandex, giving it just enough stretch. This blend is buttery soft and won’t irritate your baby’s skin. You’ll also be able to throw it in the washer and dryer when you’re done.
The tutorial videos were my favorite find on the listing for this baby wrap. They have several helpful videos, including how to breastfeed in the wrap and how to get a great seat for your baby in the wrap. Wraps can have a tricky learning curve at first, so the video tutorials are so helpful.
The Boba wrap is designed for babies and toddlers 0-35 lbs, which is a typical weight range for these types of carriers. For some parents, this will allow them to continue to carry their child and keep their baby close past 3 years old.
If you’re concerned about chemicals on the fabric, they also have an organic option available. Unfortunately, the organic is only offered in dark grey.
Best for Back Support: Momcozy Baby Wrap Carrier
- 【Adjustable Size】Momcozy baby wrap carrier is designed with adjustable size, the size can be covered to XXS-XXL to suit different groups of people; The baby wrap allows you not to worry about postpartum body changes and other issues, and can adjust the appropriate size at any time according to your and your baby’s body shape, suitable for the whole family to use. Traditional baby carriers loosen during use, but the adjustable size design keeps your baby supported and balanced in your arms.
- 【Ergonomically Designed】For babies, Momcozy infant carrier slings allows babies to sit astride, ergonomically, and helps to help babies develop healthy hip bones and spine from 0-1 years old; For moms, the breathable back of the Momcozy baby carrier helps distribute baby’s weight evenly, reducing pain and pressure in the upper back, shoulders, neck or waist; Provides greater comfort for both baby and mother.
- 【Load Bearing Upgrade】The fabric of the baby sling carrier is soft, elastic, and very supportive. The fabric will be properly stretched according to the baby’s body shape. The support and wrapping are very good, both small and older babies can be used; Excellent load-bearing capacity and high-quality can greatly extend the life cycle of the product and accompany your child to grow along the way.
- 【Comfortable and Skin-friendly Fabric】Baby carrier wrap fabric is made of 95% polyester, 5% spandex material, comfortable and breathable, soft and skin-friendly; Easy to wear and very close-fitting, it allows babies to feel the breath of Mom and Dad up close, so children feel like they are enjoying a comfortable hug; A comfortable environment enhances your baby’s sense of security and helps foster a close parent-child relationship, making it ideal for moms and dads who are new to baby products.
If you need extra back support, the Momcozy Baby Wrap Carrier is one of the best baby carriers for back pain.
This baby carrier resembles a back brace on the back. The full coverage support will keep you from experiencing back, neck, or shoulder pain. It also makes it easier to wrap than traditional baby wraps.
The fabric is a blend of 90% cotton and 10% spandex and comes in 10 colors. It provides just the right amount of stretch but doesn’t loosen too much as you wear it. It’s also machine washable, which is so helpful for busy parents.
This carrier is built to support an impressive amount of weight. You can use this for babies and toddlers from 0-50 lbs. This makes it one of the best toddler carriers for bigger children.
To use the wrap, you’ll pull each piece of fabric through small metal hoops on the end of the back support. Then you’ll cover the baby with a second piece of fabric that ties behind your back. Having two pieces to manage might be inconvenient for some, but also provides full support.
Best Customer Support: Moby Classic Baby Wrap
- BABY WRAP THAT PROMOTES BONDING: Baby-wearing nurtures a powerful bond that can lead to calm, happy babies, while helping to reduce stress, colic, and even encourage breastfeeding. Less bulky material and padding allows you to keep baby uniquely close, warm, and secure.
- COMFORTABLE BABY CARRIER WRAP: A parent-favorite for its comfort, style and adaptability, the MOBY Wrap Baby Carrier is made from soft, stretchable and durable fabric that evenly distributes the weight of carrying baby across the back, shoulders, and hips.
- VERSATILE: Measuring 18ft, this wrap for baby grows with your little one, supporting preemie babies – 35lbs in several carrying styles: facing you or out, sideways, or on your back – all while you stay hands-free! Can also be used as a blanket or pillow when not in use.
- BABYWEARING MADE SIMPLE: This baby carrying wrap is great for parents on the go-a hands free baby carrying experience.
If you’re new to baby-wearing, you might be overwhelmed by the options of wraps and techniques. Moby is dedicated to helping parents navigate the world of baby-wearing. The Moby Classic Baby Wrap is one of the best baby wraps for first-timers.
Before and after you purchase a Moby wrap, you can consult with one of their baby-wearing experts to ask questions. They also include easy-to-follow instructions on several different wrap styles. You’ll learn how to quickly do the hug hold, hip hold, kangaroo hold, and more.
The versatile wrap is made from one long piece of 100% cotton fabric. It’s lightweight and perfect for any season. You’ll be able to throw it in the washer anytime you need to clean it.
This baby carrier will hold babies and toddlers from 8-33 lbs. When your child outgrows the hug hold, you can use this wrap to hip carry instead.
This wrap is more expensive than others. However, parents love how comfortable the fabric is and secure the hold is.
Best for After C-section: Koala Babycare Baby Carrier Wrap
- THE EASIEST TO WEAR: Thanks to its two adjustable bands, wearing the baby wrap will be very simple. Also, the baby carrier wrap, being much shorter than the traditional band, will not drop on the ground, so that it always stays clean
- COMFORTABLE FOR YOUR BACK: The ergonomic and breathable backrest of Koala Babycare infant carrier allows you to unload the weight on your shoulders and on your lumbar area, guaranteeing much higher comfort than that of any traditional ring sling for babies
- EXCELLENT FOR PROLONGED USE: A traditional baby sling carrier becomes loose during use and therefore requires frequent binding. Koala Cuddle Band will always remain in place thanks to its ring closure. Moreover, any adjustments will be very simple. Material: 65% polyester, 30% cotton, 5% spandex (only in one direction)
- DIFFERENT POSITIONS OF USE, CAN BE USED SINCE THE FIRST DAYS: The cotton fabric allows the use of the Koala Babycare baby carrier newborn from the first days of your baby in the cradle position. Useful newborn carrier and very discreet for breastfeeding
Moms who have had c-sections will want to avoid pressure on their incision site. Many moms have found the Koala Babycare Baby Carrier Wrap to be one of the best baby carriers for after surgery.
Since this wrap baby carrier includes two pieces, you can place the extra support where you need it and avoid your incision site. The wrap naturally sits up high and doesn’t wrap around your lower abdomen. The fabric is also soft and stretchy.
Made from polyester, cotton, and spandex, the wrap comes in 6 different colors. It will hold infants and toddlers from 0-22 lbs. This isn’t as large of a span as others, but will likely last you through the first year.
The fabric is Oeko-Tex certified, which means it’s free from over 100 harmful substances. This is important since many babies end up chewing on the sides of the wrap, especially when teething.
The price is on the higher end for baby carriers. However, it may be worth the cost for moms who are looking for a comfortable fit.
Softest Fabric: WeeSprout Baby Wrap Carrier
- ✅ BABY WRAP CARRIER FOR HANDS-FREE MOBILITY – Bond with your baby and check everything off your to-do list at the same time. This infant wrap carrier frees up your hands so you can knock out your to-dos with your baby in tow!
- ✅ ULTRA-BREATHABLE & EXTRA SOFT LENZING MODAL – Ultra-breathable Lenzing Modal keeps you and your baby cool, calm and comfy – even in the hot summer months! Plus, it’s silky smooth and extra soft — the ideal baby carrier wrap for sensitive newborn skin.
- ✅ EASY ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL DESIGN – The adjustable easy-tie design means you and your baby stay comfy, even as your body changes after pregnancy and your baby grows! Plus, your baby sling can be shared between multiple people and still offer a custom fit for every wearer.
- ✅ MINIMIZES ACHES & PAINS WHILE YOU CARRY – The WeeSprout wrap distributes weight evenly to prevent pressure points – that means your shoulders, back, neck and hips will thank you, whether you’re running errands or trying to get your newborn to sleep on long fussy nights!
If your newborn has sensitive skin, you’ll want a wrap that’s silky smooth. That’s exactly what you’ll get with the WeeSprout Baby Wrap Carrier.
This baby carrier is made with 100% Lenzing modal fabric. This breathable fabric is known for being soft, luxurious, and lightweight. The fibers are made from cellulose extracted from wood or plants.
You’ll have 8 color choices when you purchase this traditional baby wrap. It’s designed to support your baby’s weight from 0-25 lbs. Though 25 lbs is a good stretch, it would be nice to see it rated for larger weights as well.
Parents love the stretch this baby wrap provides and say that it alleviates back pain. They also mentioned how helpful the video tutorials are. With the easy-to-follow guides, you’ll be wearing your baby in no time.
Best Hybrid: Boppy Baby Carrier – ComfyFit Hybrid Wrap
- 3 CARRYING POSITIONS: Newborn front face-in (legs in frog position), baby front face-in (legs out), and front face-out. Recommended weight: 0m+, 8-35 lbs (3.6-15.8 kg)
- COMFORTABLE FIT WITH ERGONOMIC POSITIONING: Padded waist belt and comfortable wide shoulder straps help evenly distribute baby’s weight. No infant insert required
- UPF 50+ YOGA-INSPIRED FABRIC: Made of soft, stretchy material and comes in one size, making it quick and easy to share among caregivers
- EASY CARE, MACHINE WASHABLE: The Boppy Carrier is machine washable because messes happen
This soft structured carrier looks just like a baby wrap. The only difference is that there’s little wrapping involved. You only need to buckle the waistband and cross and tie the fabric that hangs in the back.
The shoulder straps are wide enough to distribute the weight evenly. They aren’t padded shoulder straps like you would find on a traditional baby carrier. However, they are soft and comfortable.
I love that moms can easily use this carrier without help. It takes the frustration out of learning how to wrap your baby correctly. This simple wrap hybrid will hold babies from 8-35 lbs.
The fit is snug and secure and the fabric is soft. They also offer a style with adjustable arm straps for different body types. When the carrier gets dirty, parents can throw it in the washing machine for easy cleaning.
The only drawback is that this only comes in one color. Unlike other wraps, parents won’t have the option to choose a color. However, it does come in a dark gray which is gender-neutral.
Parents often use baby wraps to carry their babies during walks, running errands, or just working on chores around the house. Wherever you choose to carry your baby, these accessories will help:
- Pacifier clip
- Baby hat (To keep baby’s head warm while on a walk.)
- Teething necklace (These are great entertainment and soothe sore gums.)
Why Choose a Baby Wrap Carrier?
Baby wrap carriers are perfect for those looking to free up their hands. If you’re a parent with multiple children, a mom who works from home, or a dad looking for an easy way to soothe the baby, baby wraps are for you. Baby wrap carriers are great for all parents of little ones.
If you’re still not convinced that a baby wrap is for you, let me answer a few questions that you might have.
Are baby wraps a new trend?
No. In fact, baby-wearing has been around for thousands of years. Some of the earliest humans used baby wrap carriers to keep their babies close, safe, and out of their way while they worked the land.
What is the best age to use a baby wrap?
Many parents think baby wraps are only for infants. You’ll be pleased to know that many baby wraps are built to accommodate every stage from infants to toddlers.
I will often wrap our toddler on my back when she’s cranky and just needs to be held. My husband has also worn our 2-year-old on long family hikes when her feet get tired. There is no stage from newborn to toddler where we haven’t used a baby wrap.
Are wrap carriers safe for newborns?
Yes, you can use baby carriers for newborns. They are completely safe and won’t restrict airflow or cause damage to their hips or spine.
What are the benefits of using a baby wrap carrier?
Some of the benefits of using a baby wrap carrier include:
- Helps soothe fussy babies
- Promotes a strong parent and child bond
- Encourage skin-to-skin contact
- Leaves your hands free to do other tasks
- Also functions as a baby carrier for breastfeeding
- Helps keep the baby snug and safe in large crowds where people might want to touch the baby
What to Look for in a Baby Wrap Carrier
When shopping for a baby wrap carrier, you’ll want to make sure it’s comfortable, secure, and made with the right fabric. Here are a few questions to ask yourself when deciding on the right carrier for you.
What weather will I be carrying in?
The season and climate you’ll be baby-wearing in will determine the type of fabric you’ll want. A lightweight cotton might be best for warmer states and summer. A heavier, woven fabric might be ideal for cold, winter months.
What design will be easiest?
Baby wrap carriers vary in design. Some carriers are made with one long piece of fabric that you wrap around yourself. Others are designed to wear like a t-shirt and don’t require special wrapping.
Many baby wraps include videos to show you how to use the carriers. This will help you decide if the design is too complicated for your use.
How much do I want to spend?
Thankfully, you don’t need to spend much to get a high-quality baby wrap. Decide how much you want to spend, and don’t be tempted to overspend on higher-priced wraps that might not perform any better than cheaper ones. If the wrap is made with soft, durable fabric, it will do the job.
Braille and Literacy, Product Reviews, Visual Impairment
Dana Meachen Rau's book, Sense of Play, follows the adventures of Chip and Joy as they play. Chip is blind, but this doesn't get in the way of their play!
Wondering whether white noise will help your little one sleep better? Here’s our guide to the best baby sound machines to help your baby fall asleep soundly.
Heard a lot about weighted blankets and lap pads and wondering how to choose one? Here’s our guide to the ins and outs of finding the right weighted blanket.