Are you looking for a fun and inventive gift to make for a friend? Or maybe you just want to have some crafty fun with your kids?
Here’s our idea for a beautiful Braille Clock – and you’ll be amazed at how easy it is!
What You’ll Need:
- an old stand up calendar from last year (or a piece of thick cardboard folded in half)
- dark & light blue construction paper
- embroidery thread
- two buttons
- hole punch
- clock kit
Making Your Clock Tick!
- First, you’ll need to remove the calendar pages from the stand, then secure the stand back together – we just stringed embroidery floss through the top of our stand and anchored the ends with buttons.
- Next, punch a hole in the center of the stand (use your ruler to find the exact center).
- Cut a piece of dark blue construction paper to fit on your stand. Cut out a piece of light blue construction paper the same size and punch out the braille numbers at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 ‘o clock positions. Punch a single hole in the 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11 ‘0 clock positions (use a ruler to make sure you get your measurements just right).
- Finally, attach your clock kit. You can purchase a simple clock kit at just about any hardware or electrical store for only about $6.
- You’re done! Have fun experimenting with different clock designs and different sizes. What a fun new way to use those old calendar stands!