8 Best Mini Pack ‘n Plays & Travel Cribs in 2022
Any parent of young children will tell you that a pack ‘n play is a must for your baby’s first year. These versatile travel cribs have multiple functions—they give your baby a safe place to sleep anywhere you go and a safe place to play when you’re busy or have your hands full. Some parents even use them for room sharing during the newborn phase. But if you don’t have a lot of space, a mini pack ‘n play may be a better option than a full-sized play yard.
Our Favorite Mini Pack ‘N Plays
Despite being known as travel cribs, many parents get plenty of use from their pack ‘n play at home. Sometimes you just need a few minutes to get ready for the day or make breakfast and need somewhere safe to put your baby or toddler down to play. If you live in a small apartment, a full sized pack ‘n play might be too big to be practical.
If you plan on traveling back and forth with your play yard frequently for overnight trips or daycare, you may want something compact to make this easier for you—especially if you have a small car. In any of these cases, you’ll want to consider opting for a mini pack ‘n play or travel crib.
There are tons of styles to choose from, from portable nursery centers to simple bassinets. Lucky for you, we’ve done the research already and rounded up the best mini pack ‘n plays and travel cribs right here.
Our Top 8 Picks
1. Arm’s Reach Mini 2-in-1 Co-Sleeper Bassinet
- Two modes: Bedside sleeper & freestanding bassinet
- Includes: Mattress Fitted Sheet,Carry Case, Nylon strap & plate to fasten to parent bed
- Great for breastfeeding Moms or Moms with C-Sections. Easy night time feeding and changing.
- Easy set up and portable – comes with a carry case for travel, features tons of storage
The Arm’s Reach Mini 2-in-1 Co-Sleeper Bassinet is a great option if you have a little one who likes to be close to you when they sleep. You can push the crib up next to your bed and fold down one side, so your baby will feel close to you while still having a safe sleeping space. It even can be fastened to your bed so you don’t have to worry about your baby rolling and falling.
Even though this bassinet was designed for co-sleeping, it makes a great mini travel crib. You can move it around to different rooms in the house or take it with you on overnight trips. Additional features that will come in handy are storage pockets, mesh sides for air flow, and a travel bag. This one even comes with a fitted sheet.
While this one is a little pricey, it’s well-made. With mini pack ‘n plays like this, it’s also likely that your little one may grow out of it quickly. But if you’re looking for a compact travel crib that’s easy to put together and take down, this is a nice option.
2. Baby Trend Mini Nursery Center Playard
- PERFECT SIZE FOR MINIMAL STORAGE: The Baby Trend Mini Nursery Center Playard is perfectly sized to place in your bedroom. Its nimble and lightweight frame is great for portability and travel.
- GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD: The Mini Nursery Center can be transformed from a bassinet to a playard, providing more space for your little one to play or sleep.
- INCLUDED TRAVEL BAG FOR A FAMILY ON-THE-GO: A convenient carry bag is included and can be used for travel and storage!
- RATCHETING CANOPY WITH TOYS: A ratcheting canopy with two hang toys promotes kid’s visual stimulation as well as grasping and reaching skills.
If you want all of the features of a full-sized pack ‘n play but don’t have the space, the Baby Trend Mini Nursery Center Playard has you covered. This one can be used as a bassinet or play yard and has a canopy with cute plush toys to entertain your baby. Other practical features you’ll appreciate are wheels, storage pockets, and a carrying bag.
This mini pack ‘n play is just the right size and easy to use. Set-up and take-down are easy and quick, and it’s very lightweight at just 16 pounds. This is also an affordable option for all of the features it packs in.
Keep in mind that bigger babies or toddlers may outgrow sleeping in the bassinet since it’s on the smaller side. However, it does hold up to 35 pounds, so they’ll still be able to use the play yard if you need a safe space for your little one to play when you’re busy with other things.
3. Graco Travel Lite Crib
- With 3 growing stages, this bassinet is specially designed to grow with baby from newborn to young toddler
- Newborn bassinet creates a cozy, dedicated space for baby to sleep
- Infant bassinet provides a convenient, elevated spot for baby, making it easier to see and reach baby when needed
- Removable infant bassinet provides a cozy sleeping spot for baby, at home and away
The Graco Travel Lite Crib is just like the Baby Trend Nursery Center Playard, but a higher-end option. This one also has a height adjustable bassinet and will work well as a play yard once your little one is too big to sleep in it. Your baby will like reaching for the removable plush toys on the canopy when they’re little, and will have plenty of space to play as they get older.
This mini pack ‘n play has plenty of features parents will appreciate, too. You’ll be able to move it easily from room to room since it’s compact, lightweight (under 20 pounds), and has wheels on one side. The airy mesh sides are great for visibility and breathability, so you can rest knowing your little one is safe.
Like a lot of these mini pack ‘n plays, your little one might not be comfortable sleeping in the bassinet once they’re bigger. But you should be able to get plenty of use out of it through the toddler years using it as a play yard. And since it’s a Graco pack ‘n play, you know this is a solid choice that’s built to last.
4. Graco My View 4-in-1 Pack ‘N Play
- 4 different ways to use to grow with baby from newborn to toddler
- Stage 1: Raised bassinet for newborn positions baby at your eye level for check-ins throughout the night without having to get out of bed
- Stage 2: Crib-level bassinet for infant offers a cozy, elevated spot for baby to sleep, making it easy to get baby in and out
- Stage 3: Infant travel bassinet is removable so you can keep baby by your side at home or away
The removable full size bassinet in the Graco My View 4-in-1 Pack ‘N Play makes it a really versatile option. Just like the Graco Travel Lite, this play yard comes with an infant bassinet, removable canopy with plush toys, several height options, and a carry bag for easy travel. It works well as a crib for infants and a play yard for young toddlers, so it will grow with your child.
The raised bassinet option is a nice added feature for newborns. Along with the see-through mesh sides, this makes it easier to keep an eye on your baby at night and reach for them comfortably while you recover from childbirth. The removable full size bassinet makes it easy to keep your baby near you as they nap during the day, too.
Just like any other Graco pack ‘n play, this one folds easily, has wheels for easy movement, and comes with a carrying bag. It’s not the most compact option on the list, but if you need something just a little smaller than a standard play yard with plenty of features still, this is a quality choice.
5. Century Travel On 2-in-1 Compact Playard
- GOES WHERE YOU GO: Compact design for small spaces in your home and out and about
- HAPPY PLANET COLLECTION: Fabrics made with recycled materials as part of our Do More promise to Recycle, Reimagine, and Give Back
- MAKE IT COZY, KEEP IT CLEAN: A sheet is included (dollar 10 value)
- GROWING UP HAPPENS: 2-in-1 design—infant bassinet and toddler playard
If you’re looking for something lightweight and easy to use, the Century Travel On 2-in-1 Compact Playard will fit the bill. Some pack ‘n plays can be a pain to set up and take down, but this one is super easy to use. It works as a portable bassinet for your baby and converts into a playpen for your toddler.
A couple of bonus features are worth noting about this mini pack ‘n play. One is that the fabric is made from recycled material. So, if you’re looking for a more environmentally friendly option, this is it. Additionally, this one comes with a fitted sheet already, so you don’t have to buy one separately.
For a great price, this mini pack ‘n play is well made and sturdy. It has a pretty basic design, but has everything you need in a mini travel crib, including breathable mesh on the sides for safety, two wheels for easy movement, and a carry bag.
6. INFANS 3-in-1 Portable Travel Crib
- ❤️3 IN 1 MODE: 1. BASSINET. Our baby can enjoy a comfortable and safe sleeping environment. 2. ROCKING BASSINET. The rocking angle of about 10 degrees makes it easier for newborn to fall asleep and have a sweet dream. 3. PLAYPEN. This not only frees up your hands, but also trains the kids’ ability to stand and walk. Recommended age: 0 -24 months.
- ❤️FREE INSTALLATION & SIMPLE FOLDING: You can take the portable baby crib out of the package and use it directly. According to our instructions, it doesn’t take mom long to fold it easily. The travel crib is compact and doesn’t take up much space. You can store it against a wall or a cabinet, etc. The lightweight crib (7.93 lbs) fits in the trunk of a car and is perfect for travel.
- ❤️COMFORTABLE & DETACHABLE MATTRESS: The mattress cover of the baby bassinet is machine washable. The soft touch protects the baby’s delicate skin. The unique thickening design can protect your child’s spine more effectively. There are also four tight Velcro buttons at the bottom. In playpen, this can be used to better secure the mattress and prevent it from moving.
- ❤️BREATHABLE & VISUAL MESH: The bedside bed is equipped with a large area of breathable mesh to provide a ventilated and comfortable space for your baby. It allows the mom to observe their baby’s movements at all times. In the play yard, the side zipper design is convenient for infants and toddlers to get in and out, and it is easier for you to organize the baby’s toys or snacks.
The INFANS 3-in-1 Portable Travel Crib is a unique option that can be used as a portable crib, rocking crib, or playpen. Like the more standard options, this crib folds compactly and easily, includes mesh sides for air circulation, and gives your child a safe place to sleep and play. It’s sturdy frame is also lightweight and easy to move.
This portable crib and play yard includes added features you won’t find in many others. For one, the rocking feature is perfect for getting your newborn to sleep in an unfamiliar place. The mattress is firm enough for your child’s safety, but it’s also softer than many other pack ‘n play mattresses. If your child spits up or has an accident (and let’s face it—that’s bound to happen), the removable mattress comes with a machine washable cover, too. Another awesome feature is the zipper for easy access when used as a playpen. The zipper helps you reach your child easily or have them crawl out without you having to bend over and hurt your back.
Keep in mind that this one doesn’t come with a carrying bag or fold as compactly as other travel cribs and pack n’ plays.
7. Lumiere Lightweight Travel Crib
- 😍 FREE FROM CONCERN: When the baby sleeps better, everyone sleeps better; this parent-friendly crib is safe for kids, includes a waterproof stain protection cover, and is protected by a 5-year warranty.
- ❤️ SLEEP BETTER: Your little angel will sleep like a baby with the included modern white noise sound machine that creates a familiar and calming environment to promote a more peaceful sleeping experience
- ✔️ ULTRA COMFORT & SAFETY: Breathable ventilated OEKO-TEX mattress; the OEKO-TEX cotton fitted mattress sheet is hypoallergenic, toxin-free, and kind to a baby’s delicate skin
- 👩🍼 BUILD A BETTER BOND: The ultra-wide, zipper-enclosed front gate allows for an open crib concept so that mom can comfortably nurse and cuddle her little one to sleep and foster an even stronger connection
If you’re going to be traveling back and forth with your pack ‘n play frequently, you’ll want a lightweight option. At 13 pounds, the Lumiere Lightweight Travel Crib is extremely easy to travel with. It even comes with a travel bag, white noise machine, and two OEKO-TEX cotton mattress sheets, so you’ll have everything you need.
Some other added features include a waterproof mattress cover and zippers on the side for easy access to your child if your back needs a break from bending down to reach them. This can also come in handy if your baby falls asleep in your arms and you need to transfer them to the crib. Breathable mesh and a ventilated mattress make this a safe place for your child to sleep as well.
Keep in mind that, while this portable crib is smaller than the standard Graco Pack ‘N Play, it’s one of the bigger choices on this list. So, if you’re really limited on space, check the dimensions before you make your purchase. Overall, convenient, travel-friendly mini crib with some great safety features.
8. Nordmiex Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet
Sometimes you just need something simple and compact to take along for overnight trips or play dates—the Nordmiex Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet is one of the most compact and lightweight travel cribs you can find. This is the perfect option for newborns and infants up to 5 or 6 months old when you don’t want to lug around a full pack ‘n play (or just don’t have the space in your car).
This mini travel crib is great for naps and even co-sleeping if your baby likes to sleep near you but you’re concerned about safety. Some added features include a removable washable mattress cover, mesh sides for maximum ventilation, a mosquito net, and travel bag. It’s also super easy to fold, so it’s great for those times when you’re running late and need to get out the door quickly.
Of course, since this is a portable bassinet only, it will only fit your child through their first year or maybe even less. But, weighing 3 pounds, this is the lightest and easiest to travel with—which may be worth it if you have a young infant.
Overall, the best mini pack ‘n play you can find right now is the Graco My View Pack ‘N Play. This simple pack ‘n play has enough features to keep you and your little one happy and should last through your child’s first couple of years.
Here are a few of the top reasons we think this is the best mini pack ‘n play:
- Price. For a pack ‘n play with so many features from a trusted brand, this one is pretty affordable.
- Quality. Like any other Graco pack ‘n play, this one is sturdy and well-made.
- Easy assembly. This pack ‘n play is easy to set up and take down, making it a great option for travel.
- Features. Wheels, a canopy with plush toys, a thick mattress, and the included carrying bag all make this a practical choice.
- Versatility. This pack ‘n play is designed to grow with your baby.
Graco is known for making some of the best pack ‘n plays, and their My View Pack ‘N Play is no exception. If you’re looking for a mini pack ‘n play, this one is your best bet.
What are some important safety considerations for a mini pack ‘n play?
As with any new product that your child will sit or sleep in, make sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions for assembly before using. You’ll want to make sure the crib mattress is attached properly and the frame has been snapped in place fully. You also can ensure that your baby’s sleep environment is safe by keeping the bassinet at the right height and keeping it clear of any loose blankets, pillows, or toys that could pose a suffocation risk.
At what age can my child use a mini pack ‘n play?
Many mini pack ‘n plays and travel cribs are designed for use by children up to 24 months old, though this can vary. Since these pack ‘n plays are compact, the bassinet may only be comfortable for newborns and infants up to age 1 to sleep in. However, the play yard is usually suitable for toddlers to play in during the day. Check the manufacturer’s height and weight limits before you purchase your mini pack ‘n play.
What should I look for in a mini pack ‘n play?
If you have limited space, you’ll want to check the dimensions of any mini pack ‘n play before you make your decision. There’s a wide range of sizes to choose from, so take a look at your space and find out what will work best. The features you look for will also depend on what you’re using it for. Do you want something that will function as a co-sleeper for a newborn? If you have two under 2, do you need a play pen for your toddler and a removable bassinet for your newborn? These are all things to consider.
What’s the difference between a mini pack ‘n play and a travel crib?
Normally, when comparing pack ‘n plays vs cribs, there’s quite a big difference. Cribs tend to be bigger, heavier, and more expensive. But once you get down to the mini or travel sizes, they’re essentially the same thing!
With tons of potty training seats to choose from, we did the research for you! Check out this list to find the best potty training seat for your little one.