The 5 Best Push Tricycles of 2023
- Push trikes are the ideal transport method for independent toddlers.
- A push tricycle allows you to take over when your toddler gets tired.
- Push trikes grow with your child, eventually becoming a trike your child can permanently control without help.
- There are lots of tricycles with push handles to choose with, each with unique selling points, so you’ll need to figure out which one is right for you.
Push toddler tricycles are a fantastic ride-on option for your little one. Your child will enjoy all the fun of a regular trike with the added bonus that you can take over the hard work when they’re tired.
A tricycle is a great way to encourage your child’s physical and cognitive development. Your child will love the independence of steering and pedaling their own trike. Unlike a bicycle, a tricycle seat is lower to the ground and easier to control, making them ideal for toddlers.
Plus, a push tricycle can also make a handy alternative to a stroller for short journeys. Many people switch to a push tricycle when their baby is old enough to sit comfortably for short journeys. A push tricycle featuring a push handle with clever steering is easy and convenient when out of the house.
If you’re ready to teach your child how to ride a trike and help build their confidence, you can find the best push tricycles of 2023 right here!
Top Pick: Joovy 4.1 Kids Tricycle with 4 Stages
- 4 ADJUSTABLE STAGES allows the Tricycoo toddler tricycle to adapt as your child grows
- STAGE 1: PUSH TRIKE allows your little one to ride in safety and comfort with the padded seat, harness, and canopy to protect them from the sun. The adjustable parent handle allows you to push the trike stroller and steer your little adventurer
- STAGE 2: PUSH TRIKE encourages your child to strengthen their core muscles by removing the removable seat pad and flipping down the footrest to give them a little extra support
- STAGE 3: TRAINING TRIKE STAGE for when you’re ready to remove the enclosed armrests and canopy to give your kiddo a little extra room while trying to balance on their own
The Joovy 4.1 Tricycoo is one of the best toddler tricycles for your little one. Suitable for 10 months and up, the Joovy TriCyCoo is a fantastic stroller alternative for short journeys using the push handle.
The Joovy Tricycoo grows with your child. To begin with, your baby will benefit from additional safety features, including a safety harness and a removable seat enclosure for added support. The roomy seat is perfect for supporting younger toddlers. As your child grows, the adjustable seat can accommodate their growing legs.
The wide front wheel allows for easy pedaling while the chunky rear wheels will give them a smooth ride over types of terrain. The removable seat pad is machine-washable, so it’s perfect for mucky toddlers.
The parent push bar can be adjusted to different heights, making it a perfect family toy even if you and your partner are very different heights. The Joovy Tricycoo is available in three colors: black, pink, and blue.
Material: Aluminum | Manufacturer Recommended Age: 6 months – 5 years | Assembly Required?: Yes
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on Target.com
Best Value: Radio Flyer Steer and Stroll Trike
- 2 TRIKES IN 1: Your child can rest their feet on the pedals as you push and the pedals will become footrests for Steer & Stroll mode. Remove the push handle and let your child pedal for tricycle mode.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT: The seat adjusts to three different settings, ensuring years of fun as the trike grows with your child
- STORAGE: Equipped with a covered rear storage bin, your toddler can bring their favorite toys on every adventure!
- SPECIFICATIONS: Assembled dimensions are 27“ L x 19.7“ W x 24.2” H. Recommended for kids ages 2 – 5 years. Maximum weight capacity 49 lbs
The retro-inspired classic tricycle features a parent push handle so you can help your child learn to ride their trike. Unlike plastic trikes, the Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer & Stroll is metal and feels sturdier than plastic tricycles.
This training trike is ideal for building the confidence of older toddlers as they learn how to ride. The adjustable seat moves to make space for your growing child, so you know this trike is designed to last.
The covered storage basket is great for keeping things dry on rainy days. The lid also ensures items don’t fall out when the trike is in motion.
The simple push handle isn’t as easy to steer as some trikes, but it’s great for regulating your child’s speed. This tricycle isn’t going to work in place of a stroller on longer journeys, but it’s a fantastic trike if your focus is on teaching your kid to ride a trike by themselves.
The Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer & Stroll is suitable for up to 49 lbs, which is a higher weight capacity than many competing tricycles. It’s not suitable for younger toddlers, however, and doesn’t have the safety features necessary for under 2s.
Material: Plastic, Steel | Manufacturer Recommended Age: 2–5 years | Assembly Required?: Yes
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on Target.com
Best for Travel: Doona Liki Trike S5
- Doona Liki Trike S5 – The Doona Liki Trike is easy to navigate by parents and children with its dual steering system. Children develop confidence and balance as they grow. The S5 edition includes a premium storage bag, high end wooden handles and a travel bag.
- Foldable Trike for Toddlers – The smallest portable folding trike on the market, the Doona Liki Trike S5 folds to 12.5 x 23.6 x 9.1 inches so it can be taken anywhere!
- Convertible Tricycle for Toddlers – A toddler bike that grows with your child. From a stroller, to a push tricycle, to a toddler tricycle. This folding trike provides maximum functionality and many happy moments for your growing child.
- Comfortable, Sturdy & Safe Doona Tricycle – The Doona Liki Trike includes soft and durable shoulder pads, a padded armrest, 5 point harness and peddle straps.
The Doona Liki Trike S5 is perfect for travel. The compact fold allows this toddler tricycle to fit neatly in the overhead storage bins on planes, so your child can travel in style on vacation. The trike folds easily at the click of a button, taking the stress out of traveling with a toddler.
This trike is also perfect for people with limited storage space because it can be folded and stored away. If you don’t like having toys on display all around your house, this may be the trike for you.
The Doona Liki Trike S5 is suitable for younger kids ages 10 months to three years, so you’ll get plenty of use out of this tricycle with a push handle. This toddler tricycle is available in five colors, including stylish racing green, flame red, and royal blue. This is arguably one of the more aesthetically pleasing trikes on the market.
The Doona Liki Trike features soft, durable shoulder pads, a padded armrest, a five point safety harness, and straps. Safety, style, and convenience were high priorities during the design process. The multi-position backrest reclines so your toddler can get comfy in their new wheels.
The major bugbear parents have about the Doona Liki Trike is the storage bag. While it looks great and is spacious, it sometimes falls off when the trike is in motion.
Material: 95% Polyester, 5% EVA | Manufacturer Recommended Age: 10 months – 3 years | Assembly Required?: No
View on Amazon | View on buybuyBABY.com | View on Doona.com
Best Features: SmarTrike Breeze Plus Toddler Tricycle
- Smooth ride – SmarTrike’s patented touch steering technology and shock-absorbing mechanism provide parents with a safe, smooth, and seamless riding experience, allowing you to guide your toddler with the touch of a finger.
- Safety first- The Breeze Plus is the perfect choice for parents on the go. The patented parent/child control button lets you decide who is in control, the extendable canopy keeps them cool, and the removable safety bar and 3-point Y harness ensure that your child stays safe and secure.
- Grows with your child – Going from a push tricycle for infants to a full toddler trike suitable for 15 months to 3 years old, the smarTrike Breeze Plus was designed to help your baby develop motor skills, confidence, and balance as they learn to ride independently.
- Award-winning brand – With over 20,000,000 happy families in 80+ countries worldwide, smarTrike is widely known as a multi-patent industry-leading brand.
SmarTrike is a household name when it comes to push trikes for toddlers. SmarTrike’s patented touch steering technology and shock-absorbing mechanism provide a smooth ride. You can switch between parent control and child control at the click of a button, so it’s easy to use on the go.
The extendable canopy keeps your child out of the sun’s rays, and there are plenty of other safety features. The removable safety bar keeps younger toddlers safe, and you can remove it once your child grows out of it. The three point harness keeps your little one in their seat for the ride.
The touch steering technology makes driving with the parent push handle a breeze, so you can wheel your child easily home from the park. The parent bar allows for one-handed steering, which is handy for parents.
The SmarTrike Breeze toddler tricycle is suitable from 15 months to around three years. The trike allows kids to explore the world through physical activity. This trike promotes child development and allows your child to learn new skills and build their confidence as they grow.
The SmarTrike is sold worldwide, with over 20 million trikes sold. The trikes have won awards and made millions of kids happy, so you know you can trust this household brand.
Material: Metal, Plastic | Manufacturer Recommended Age: 1-4 years | Assembly Required?: Yes
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on SmarTrike.com
Best Performance: XJD 7 in 1 Toddler Bike
- ☺RECOMMENDED AGES: 1- 3 years old. We recommend 12-24 months baby to use three-wheel mode. 2-3 years old baby uses two-wheel balance bike mode. Best 3 in 1 design tricycle and balance bike for baby. Meet kids requirements at different ages. Perfect kids’ tricycles for children
- ☺EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Our baby bike just need to install the handlebar and seat within minutes according to the instructions of the manual. Compared with other tricycles, XJD tricycle has an additional adjustment of the handlebars, lift seat function, and adjusts the handle angle and seat height(adjustable from 11.8 inch to 14.2 inch) perfectly suitable for growing with baby
- ☺STURDY AND COMFORTABLE: Trikes for toddler has safety carbon steel frame, durable widen silent wheels, strong enough for riding indoor or outdoor. Soft handle grips and seat make kids’ comfortable riding
- ☺LEARN TO STEER: Our toddler bike is the best birthday gift for baby to learn how to ride a bike. Excellent indoor baby walker toy develops kids balance and helps kids gain balance, steering, coordination, and confidence at an early age
The XJD 7 in 1 Toddler Bike combines safety and style to create a dynamic steel frame toddler tricycle that will grow with your child. Suitable from your child’s first birthday, this clever tricycle becomes a balance bike as your child grows.
The carbon steel frame is sturdy and durable, so you know this product will last. The durable wide wheels are silent. The soft handle grips and comfortable seat ensure your child enjoys a safe ride.
Not only will the XJD 7 in 1 Tricycle help your child learn to ride a trike, but it will also let them develop their balance biking skills. From age two, your little one can use this in balance bike mode to prepare them for learning to ride a pedal bike.
The XJD 7 in 1 is suitable for children from 29” to 37.4” tall. The seat is adjustable so the product can grow with your child. It’s suitable for up to 55 lbs, which is much higher than most other push trikes.
The XJD 7 in 1 is perfect for kids keen to do things themselves. This is the ideal starter trike if you’re keen to encourage your child’s love for physical activity.
Material: Carbon Steel | Manufacturer Recommended Age: 12 months and up | Assembly Required?: Yes
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on XJD.com
- ★🎁 SUITABLE SIZE: 🎅This toddler helmets have 3 size for Age 2 and older. Suit for toddler/kids/youth/adult/teenager. Small size is 18.9” – 21.26”. Medium size is 21.26′ – 22.4”. Large size is 22.4″- 24″. Measure the circumference slightly above eye brows to ensure you choose the correct size. NOTE:If you have any questions please contact us as soon as possible,we will try our best to solve your problem and give you a satisfactory reply.
- ★🎁 SAFETY PROTECTION: 🎅The kids bike helmet use sturdy ABS outer shell and EPS foam inner which can absorb external pressure in sporting activities, and it can reduce the risk of injury. when biking, rollerblading or playing. The kids helmet makes your kids more happy on play.
- ★🎁 ADJUSTABLE STRAPS AND LIGHTWEIGHT: 🎅The helmet equipped with adjustable straps and spin dial to ensure you achieve a better fit.The spin dial on the back of helmet and chin straps can be adjustable according to your kid’s head circumference.The quick-release clip keeps the bicycle helmet securely in place without risk of face scratches or abrasions.
- ★🎁 COOL COMFORTABLE AND BREATHABLE: 🎅Our girls bike helmet is with 11 vents.The ventilation design use special helmet design and breathable foam.This toddler helmet help reduce sweating and keep children feel cool even during intense body movement.The sticky cushiony padding of skate helmet insert is comfortable and breathable.The bmx helmet won’t cause additional pressure to head.
Your child will need to wear a helmet each time they’re on the trike, even if you’re steering it with the push handle. Helmets are necessary to keep your child safe in the event of an accident. It’s also essential to start building good habits young, so reinforce the importance of helmets now.
Why Are Push Tricycles Good for Toddlers?
Push tricycles give your child a safe way to develop their trike-riding skills and build confidence. Unlike regular trikes that expect your toddler to be able to pedal and steer from day one, a push trike allows you to offer a helping hand while they develop these skills.
The push handle gives parents control, allowing the child to sit back and relax when they’re tired of peddling. Push trikes are perfect for short journeys and trips to the play park. You can leave the bulky stroller at home and enjoy a stroll while your child improves their gross motor skills.
How to Choose the Best Push Tricycle for Your Toddler
There are various things to consider when choosing a toddler trike, including the following:
Younger toddlers will require more safety features than older children. Push trikes are popular first birthday presents, and it’s not hard to see why.
If you’re buying a toddler tricycle for an infant, you’ll want one that has a safety harness and padded seat to ensure your baby is safe and comfortable during the ride. While any type of seat belt will keep your little one safe, a five point harness will offer a bit more security than a three point safety harness.
Some push tricycles are suitable from 10 months, whereas others are not suitable for those under 2s. Before purchasing, you’ll need to check the age range to ensure it meets your needs.
It’s also important to consider the maximum weight capacity, especially if you have a toddler who is big for their age. If your toddler is tall, a toddler tricycle with an adjustable seat will ensure your toddler gets plenty of use out of it.
The best tricycles with push handles will have some features for the parents, too. Depending on your lifestyle and needs, you can look for features like an adjustable push handle, rubber tires, or a parent operated brake.
The must-have accessory on a toddler trike is a sunshade. You’ll be able to take your toddler cruising on sunny days without worrying about the weather if your trike has a sizable sunshade.
If you’re planning to use the trike instead of a stroller, it’s worth checking out the storage situation before you buy. A toddler tricycle that can hold enough snacks, drinks, and waterproof coats for a trip to the park will make your life much easier. Look for a storage compartment and cup holder, so you have everything you need.
Push trikes come in all budgets, so be sure you buy one you can afford. You don’t need to spend the earth to find a trike your toddler will love. If you have your heart set on a model that’s out of your price range, check online to see if you can find one secondhand.
5 Best Non-Toxic, Organic Bassinets of 2023
Looking for a safe, healthy, non-toxic bassinet? They can be hard to find, but we’ve rounded up some of the best non-toxic options out there. Check out our guide!
Feeding and Eating, Product Reviews
The 5 Best Gas Drops for Babies in 2023
The best baby gas drops relieve excessive gas due to swallowed air, crying, feeding issues, or food intolerance. See which one tops our list.
The 5 Best Pack ‘N Play Covers of 2023
For a compact, easy-to-use solution to several typical pack ‘n play problems, look no further than these best pack ‘n play covers.