Rainbow Lessons with Light and Texture
By Jeanne Lee
This is a seven-day lesson plan from Loge Elementary School where we spend one day on each color of the rainbow. This lesson uses the bright lights of the LightAide with additional tactile elements.
Color Identification (using the colors of the rainbow-red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple)
Cause-Effect, Fine-Motor Skills, Counting
- Push button switch
- Solo Cup Rainbow Board
- Magnetic Rainbow Board
- Watch YouTube Video on iPad (Rainbow Color Song), emphasizing color of the day.
- Use LightAide and switch to build rainbow, emphasizing color of the day.
- Reach and grasp for textured (color of the day) strip of the rainbow from the magnetic board.
- Reach for and push out (color of the day) solo cups from the Rainbow Board.
- Once cups are removed from the rainbow board, count the cups.
- Then stack the cups.
Light Play, Sensory Activities, Toys
It may seem like $10 won't get you much these days when it comes to toys and entertainment, and especially therapy aids, but here you'll find the best light toys...
Light Play, Sensory Activities
Have you ever considered making your own light table or light box? Here you'll find five of the best DIY light table tutorials, ranked from the more difficult and complex...
Holiday Crafts and Ideas, Light Play
We've rounded up five of the greatest Pinterest ideas for your child to have fun with glowing Easter eggs! Your kids will enjoy going on a glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hunt,...