The 5 Best Teething Mittens of 2023
- Teething mittens are designed for ages 3 months and up.
- Your baby can use teething mittens all through their first year.
- Since teething mittens are usually made with soft fabric and pliable material like silicone, your baby’s gums will find comfort.
Teething can be difficult for both babies and their parents. With all five of my children, I’ve experienced the woes of teething sleep troubles and fussiness. Each time, it seemed like the teething would never end.
Despite my fears, teething did come to an end, and we made it through those difficult seasons. During that time, I found out how to help a teething baby sleep and find pain relief with the best tips and tricks. There were also several teething toys my babies loved.
Of all the teething toys, one of our favorites was teething mittens.
Teething mittens are one of the best solutions for a teething baby. Whether you use them while you’re out running errands or just around the house, they’re convenient and safe. It’s a diaper bag essential you won’t want to be without.
Finding a pair your baby loves doesn’t have to be difficult. I’ve found and listed the best teething mittens on the market right here. Save yourself the headache of scouring the web, and spend it snuggling your little teether instead.
Our Choice: Itzy Ritzy Silicone Teething Mitt
- Itzy Ritzy silicone teething mitts provide relief to emerging teeth and massage sore gums; they are made of food grade silicone and are non-toxic and free of BPA and PVC
- Our teething mitts feature textured silicone that is soothing on sore, swollen gums – they also include a crinkle sound that stimulates baby and keeps him or her entertained
- An adjustable strap ensures a secure fit and helps the mitt stay in place – perfect for babies who can’t yet hold a teether
- Teething mitts also keep baby safe from scratches on the face
This teething mitten is not only soothing for sore gums and emerging teeth, but it’s also cute! The Itzy Ritzy Silicone Teething Mitt is an adorable choice for little teethers.
I bought this teething mitten for my infant because I was drawn to the cute animal designs. I chose the cat mitten but there were 13 animals to choose from. All the colors are trendy and cute.
The mitt is made with food-grade silicone and is free of BPA and PVC. I love that I don’t have to worry about harmful chemicals leaching into my baby’s mouth. The silicone also keeps her from scratching her face.
Under the silicone is a soft fabric that also has a crinkly material inside. When my baby lifts the teething mitten up to her face, it makes a noise and stimulates her senses. There’s also an adjustable strap I can use to ensure it stays on her hand.
I like to keep this mitten in the freezer so it’s cool on her gums. When she’s done chewing on it, I just throw it in the washing machine with her laundry.
Some parents found that this toy was too small for their baby’s hands. If you have an older baby or a baby with wider hands, it might not fit. Thankfully you’ll be able to return it for free if it doesn’t work for your baby.
Baby Teething Mitten Panda Hand Teether
- A STIMULATING TOY FOR EVERY BABY: When baby wears our teething mitt, it will make a crinkling noise like unwrapping candies, with high contrast black and white color, which the mostly attract baby’s attention, so your baby will love to play with our mitten and it helps baby’s early sensory development.
- FOR CALMING BABY AND RELIEF TEETHING DISCOMFORT: Cute panda shaped soft silicone teether with multiple textures helps to soothe sore and swollen gums when teething, it calms a crying and irritable baby and helps the baby to sleep.
- FOOD-GRADE SILICONE, BPA-FREE: We put baby’s safety as you do, so we always use premium quality materials, the food-grade silicone teether have FDA certification, free of BPA, Phthalate, Lead, and Latex. It’s soft, tasty, and very durable.
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN AND PREMIUM CRAFT: Designed with an adjustable hook & loop fastener strap to better fit your baby’s hand in the different growth phases, breathable and hydrophilic fabric easily absorbs drool and keeps your baby’s cloth dry & clean.
My baby loves the feel of the Baby Teething Mitten Panda Hand Teether. The raised pattern on the panda’s face provides a fun sensory experience.
The chew toy section of the teething mitten is made with food-grade silicone and is also free of BPA, phthalate, lead, and latex. I love the extra bumps and ridges on the panda’s face. These are great for applying gentle pressure to my baby’s gums.
The fabric is not only soft, but it also absorbs drool. This is a huge help for preventing a teething rash. The inner layer crinkles for added sensory stimulation.
I chose a black and white panda bear pattern since she’s drawn to high-contrast patterns. There are two additional colors to choose from which are more gender specific. I loved that this set included a gift bag as well.
These teething mitts also have an adjustable strap. This allows you to make them fit more snugly on your baby.
While these mitts are a perfect fit for my 3-month-old, some parents found they were too small. Older babies may not fit in these mitts. Should you find they don’t fit your baby, you can return them for free.
Smily Mia Penguin Buddy
- 【A TEETHING PACIFIER FOR 0-6MONTHS BABIES】: this infant teether is designed for new born sucking babies as a pacifier(especially those breast feeding babies) and 3-6Months as a teething toy. The hand teether stays on baby’s wrist to prevent dropping,helps with development of baby’s motor skill and hand-mouth conection.
- 【SAFE MATERIAL & SAFE DESIGN】: The baby teether is made of food grade silicone by US FDA verifided manufacturer. Stays on baby’s hand makes sure the breast-shaped part do not flip over to prevent suffocation. No chemical stuff add in the teether to make sure it is 100% safe.No odd smell, no potential small parts. It is dishwasher safe, freezer safe. Its non-choking design ensures baby not be able to put it too far behind to cause gag.
- 【SOFT TO PROTECT GENTLE GUM, FIRM ENOUGH TO RELIEVE TEETHING PAIN】:The soft silicone baby teether is skin-soft to mimic breast feeding, but on nipple part it is much thicker and chewy, to make sure through nubbing and pulling, helps with teething pain relief.
- 【PERFECT TOY FOR 0-6MONTHS】:Mouthing toy is the best infant toy. Mouthing helps babies explore the world using their senses to learn about texture, taste and temperature and build muscles they will use later in life for eating and speaking. Penguin buddy teether helps baby explore the work in a healthy and safe way.
While not a true teething mitten, this still deserves a spot on our list. The Smily Mia Penguin Buddy is a teething toy that functions like a teething mitten but has extra perks.
Over 18,000 parents and babies agree that this teething mitten is perfect for tiny hands. While some mittens are too small and others fall off, this one is just right. Instead of adjustable straps, you’ll find a small silicone bar in the middle of the toy for your baby to hang on to.
Babies love the soft, flexible feel of the toy on their faces. The nipple-like nubs on the side of the toy are perfect as a pacifier alternative. Your baby can use them for extra soothing.
The entire toy is made with food-grade silicone and is safe for little mouths. You can also throw it in the dishwasher for sanitization when your baby is done playing with it. This is helpful since some parents found that it attracts quite a bit of dust and hair.
There are 10 cute colors to choose from and all feature adorable animals.
Nuby Soothing Teething Mitten
- The Teething Mitten features soft silicone teething surfaces that help relieve sore gums and protects baby from scratching. The hygienic travel bag is perfect for on the go
- The soft flexible mitten is ideal for babies who cannot hold teethers, while protecting baby from chewing on their hand.
- Can be worn on left or right hand, easy to clean, and is machine washable
- Grey Print / best for children 3-6 months + / BPA Free. Crinkle sounds stimulate senses
If you have a baby with chunky wrists and hands, the Nuby Soothing Teething Mitten is for you.
Many parents complain that teething mittens don’t fit their baby’s hands. This teething mitten is made with a wide opening for chunky hands. With the velcro strap, you’ll get a better fit around their wrists.
The silicone is safe for your baby’s mouth and BPA-free. There are also raised teething bumps along the silicone to soothe your baby’s gums.
One of my favorite features of these teething mittens is the crinkly layer. Babies love the sound and feel of the crinkle layer in their mouths. It adds another element of fun to the teething mitten.
This teething mitten also comes with a travel bag to keep it clean in your diaper bag. You can also throw it in the washing machine to give it a thorough clean.
A wide opening is great for wide fists, but it also means this mitt might be easy to pull off. Some parents noted that this mitt fell off their baby’s hands continually.
Liname 2-Pack Teething Mitten with Soothing Toy
- SOOTHING MITTENS: Our smoothing mittens provide relief to your baby from teething pains! The soft silicone textured surface gently and delicately massages irritated baby gums. Encourages soothing chewing and also saves your child from thumb sucking and eating.
- SAFETY: Made from 100% premium quality Food Grade Silicone and chemical free. 100% safe for your liitle one!
- SENSORY STIMULATION : The teething mitten makes a crinkling noise when the baby wears and bites it. The sound keeps the baby engaged and occupied. Contrasting colors stimulate the baby’s senses and help in achieving teething milestones corner.
- EASILY ACCESSIBLE AND ADJUSTABLE: Specially designed teething part to fit the baby’s mouth easily. The teething mittens and teether toy come with adjustable velcro taps that prevent the baby from dropping it.
When you’re looking for the perfect gift for a baby shower, the Liname 2 Pack Teething Mitten with Soothing Toy is a great choice.
This adorable set not only comes with two mittens but also comes with a teething toy. There are nine different colors to choose from. The turtle teething toy is adorable and easy for little hands to hold.
The mittens are made with a soft fabric and a crinkle layer inside. This will help your baby stay interested in the toy. The silicone is food-grade and safe for your baby’s mouth.
The silicone top of the teething toy is shaped like an animal paw. With this design, some babies may find it easier to put a section in their mouth. Each hump also has raised bumps that help soothe sore gums.
While this does have an adjustable strap, some parents have found the mitten falls off their baby’s hand, so it may not be the best fit for smaller babies.
When you have a little one teething in your home, life can be stressful. By using these accessories along with teething mittens, you can help decrease the pain and increase happiness in your home:
- Frozen washcloths
- Breastmilk popsicles
- Teething necklace
- Nursing necklace
- Food feeder pacifier with frozen fruit
- Essential oils
- Pain medication
Benefits of Teething Mittens
Teething mittens are one of the most popular baby teething toys and for a good reason! They’re not only fun for the baby, but parents love the benefits they provide. Here are just a few reasons why teething mittens are a great choice for your baby.
Most teething toys have to be held by your baby’s hands. This might not be an issue for older babies, but younger babies often can’t hold toys for long periods. This means the parents need to pick up the toy and put it back in their baby’s hand.
Teething mittens fit on your baby’s hand like a mitten. This keeps them from falling off, making them a great choice for on-the-go. Your baby can wear them at the grocery store or in the car and you won’t have to worry about picking them up off the floor.
Some teething toys are long and could gag babies. Teething mittens don’t go back far in your baby’s mouth. They likely won’t gag themselves and won’t be able to shove the mitten too far back in their mouth.
Since teething mittens are usually made with soft fabric and pliable material like silicone, your baby’s gums will find comfort. As they chew on the rubber or silicone, the pressure will relieve the pain. Some mittens also include crinkly fabric that stimulates their senses.
Choosing the Best Teething Mittens for Your Baby
Here are a few things to consider when shopping for a pair of teething mittens for your baby:
Teething mittens are usually affordable. There is no need to overspend for a luxury brand that will likely do the same job as more affordable ones. Look for a teething mitten that has great reviews and a budget-friendly price tag.
All baby products should keep your baby’s safety in mind. Be sure that the teething mittens you choose are made with materials that are safe for your baby’s mouth. The silicone should be food-grade quality and the baby teething mitt should be free of small pieces that could detach in their mouth.
How many teething mittens does a baby need?
A baby will only use one mitten at a time to teethe on. However, some parents like to have a set of two mittens so they have a backup.
When can babies use teething mittens?
Teething mittens are designed for babies ages 3 months and up. This is usually around the age when they can bring their hands up to their mouths.
How often should teething mittens be cleaned?
Teething mittens should be cleaned with each use since they absorb a large amount of drool. You can rinse them off in the sink and leave them out to air dry completely after each use. To clean them more thoroughly, throw them in the washing machine once or twice a week.
How long can your baby use teething mittens?
Your baby can use teething mittens all through their first year. When they develop the skills to take off the mitten, they can hold it in their hands and continue to use it as a teething toy.
Heard a lot about weighted blankets and lap pads and wondering how to choose one? Here’s our guide to the ins and outs of finding the right weighted blanket.
Looking for the right night light to help your little one ease into bedtime? Check out our guide for everything you need to know about toddler night lights.
Potty Training, Product Reviews
The best swim diapers are comfortable and help prevent your baby from having an accident in the pool or ocean. Find our favorites in this round-up!