The 5 Best Pack ‘N Play Covers of 2023
- These five pack ‘n play covers are a cut above the rest!
- There are three main uses for a pack ‘n play cover.
- Consider cost, material, fit, and use prior to making your purchase.
Pack ‘n plays are easily one of the most useful pieces of baby gear a parent can have. Whether for travel or a safe play space, they’re too handy not to invest in. They become even more helpful with the right accessories, pack ‘n play covers being one of them.
Maybe you’re looking to create a dark sleep space on the go or a bug-free play area while your family enjoys some fresh air. Whatever your reason, a good pack ‘n play cover can take your pack ‘n play to the next level! These 5 best pack ‘n play covers are our top picks for taking your playard to the next level.
Our Choice: SlumberPod 3.0 Blackout Canopy Crib Cover
- AS SEEN ON SHARK TANK – BABY/TODDLER BLACKOUT SLEEP POD: SlumberPod is a blackout privacy pod sleep nook that allows babies 4 months and up to get a good night’s sleep in any room, day or night. This is a baby travel essential and is the perfect baby shower gifts
- BOTTOMLESS DESIGN: Our pack n play tent fits over playards, mini-cribs, travel cribs, or select toddler cots or mattresses
- NEW UPDATED FEATURES: New model features 2 fan pockets, updated baby monitor pouch, new ventilation flaps for increased airflow, and a larger carry bag
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Portable sleep space is easy to assemble and takedown; Assembled Dimensions (L x W x H): 50 x 36 x 56 inches; Folded Dimensions (L x W x H): 17 x 5 x 6 inches; Weight: 5 pounds
For the ultimate pack ‘n play blackout cover, look no further than the SlumberPod 3.0 Blackout Canopy Crib Cover. You truly won’t find another blackout cover with as many features as this brand. Blocking out 90% of light, your little one will be able to sleep in darkness, remaining comfortable as they’re surrounded by the breathable fabric.
You know parents made this cover based on the number of useful pouches it provides! It’s got two fan pouches for extra circulation and, best of all, a baby monitor pouch! Simply slide your monitor into the pouch and view your baby on the monitor as you normally would, with no obstructions. It’s also got enough head clearance if your baby stands.
There are not too many downsides with this cover but still a few minor ones to consider. It isn’t quite as compact as others, so you’ll need some space for assembly. The zipper can also be a bit loud, which has the potential to wake a light sleeper.
Material: Polyester | Dimensions: 50 x 36 x 56 inches
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on SlumberPod.com
Best Accessible Cover: Baby & Beyond Pop Up Safety Net
- This Pack N’ Play Pop up safety net tent is designed to fit a standard Pack N’ Play, (37.5 inches long by 26 inches wide) to keep your toddler safe from climbing out and falling, with this high quality see through mesh tent , you will no more have sleepless nights of worry, as your toddler will be safe in their nursery, this High end quality safety tent will keep them back from climbing out and falling (Pack ‘N’ Play is not included)
- This safety tent is also designed to keep out, mosquitoes, bugs and insects that could bite or irritate your cute baby or toddler’s delicate skin, the #1 choice in Pack N’ Play mosquito nets
- Made with the highest quality and long lasting materials, See through 360º mesh for a full, wide angle view of your baby’s pack n play, soft to touch material, Two zipper doors on both sides of the tent
- Easy to install, no tools needed, just give it a pop up open, assembles in seconds, put it into your Baby’s Pack N’ Play, the bottom of the tent goes under the mattress, then tie the 4 ribbons by the corners, and it will stand strong and safely
The Baby & Beyond Pop Up Safety Net makes for the best accessibility in a pack ‘n play cover with its two-sided zipper doors with large openings. It’s got extremely durable, transparent mesh, allowing you to keep an eye on your baby while keeping bugs out.
Side ties also protect your baby, steadying the cover and securing it to the pack ‘n play. Its only downsides are that it’s not particularly easy to clean and it can be tough to put together. Not deal breakers but something to consider nonetheless.
Material: Mesh | Dimensions: 37.5 x 26 inches
View on Amazon | View on Sears.com
Best Fitted Cover: Dofilachy Pack ‘N Play Crib Canopy Cover
- CREATE QUALITY SLEEP: 100% breathable polyester mesh. The crib cover is made of breathable and light-shielding fabric, which can easily create a dark space and comfortable sleeping environment for your baby, and keep your baby in a good sleep state at any time.
- COMPATIBILITY:Dofilachy crib tent fit perfectly over you crib. The crib canopy is made of stretchable fabric, and the elastic material is suitable for pack’n’plays, all standard rectangular playards, travel and portable travel cribs, You just stretch it over and tie the ties at each corner.
- PROTECTION FUNCTION:Blackout cover for Pack n play to keep baby from climbing out.Protect baby who is very light sensitive for sleep. protect the sleep mood of children who are disturbed by unfamiliar environments.
- ADJUSTING THE LIGHT:Dofilachy Blackout cover for Pack n play have openable panels on both sides, Side vent/window is a good location and can partially open if necessary, you can adjust the brightness of the light to suit your child; The top panel of the .The crib tent can be partially or fully opened,you can easily and quickly approach your child.
A cover with a snug fit yet compact fold, the Dofilachy Pack ‘N Play Crib Canopy Cover is a solid blackout cover choice. The top panel is great for laying your little one down, while the side zipper panel lets them crawl in and out for playtime. The light fabric allows airflow and can also be thrown in the wash. What’s not to love?
Though this is still considered a blackout cover, it only blocks up to 75% of light. If you’re looking for close to complete darkness, this might not be the cover for you.
Material: Polyester | Dimensions: 22 x 17.7 x 39.8 inches
View on Amazon | View on eBay.com | View on Sears.com
Best Escape-Proof Cover: Minnebaby Pack ‘N Play Cover
- 【Keep Baby In】This mesh tent for pack’n play can protect your baby from climbing out and falling. Self-locking zipper to prevent baby from opening the panels. Create a safe space for your little one to play or sleep in the play yard.
- 【Completely Enclosed Design】Encloses from top to bottom. You don’t need to worry that your baby can lift up the mattress and get out from the bottom. It can also protect your baby from cats, mosquitos, and other annoyances. (Notice: the tent needs to be used with a mattress.)
- 【High Quality Material】The pop up mesh tent is made of hypoallergenic and tear-resistant material. See-through mesh designed for 360-degree viewing so that you can check in on the baby at a glance.
- 【Easy to use & Portable】Set up in a second. Open and place the tent into the Pack ‘n Play, put the mattress on the bottom, then tie the 4 side straps to the corner. It also comes with a carry bag for easy storage and transport.
Your little escape artist won’t stand a chance against the Minnebaby Pack ‘N Play Cover. With a fully enclosed bottom that fits under the mattress and a self-locking zipper, there’s no way for your baby to slip out! The hypoallergenic material keeps your baby’s air and skin safe, with the see-through mesh allowing for circulation.
The main grievance with this brand of cover is that the fabric that encloses the bottom of the pack ‘n play comes up pretty high. For a newborn unable to move away from the sides of the sleep space, this could be dangerous. It’s probably more suitable for a toddler.
Material: Mesh | Dimensions: 38 x 26 inches
View on Amazon
Best Compatible Cover: SnoozeShade Pack ‘N Play Blackout Tent
- SnoozeShade was the world’s first baby and toddler pack n play blackout cover. It’s a travel with baby essential! Invented by a mom and launched in 2012, Snooze Shade for Pack and Plays is the market leader in helping babies get the sleep they need in the playard. Quality you can trust with a 5-year warranty
- Block up to 94% of light safely: adjust light to suit your baby with this pack n play cover that darkens the playard so baby can switch off and sleep (and you can have the lights on!). Raise or lower the side panels to adjust light levels to suit your little one
- Quick & easy to use: Fits all rectangular pack n plays up to 43 inches long. It also fits travel cribs and portable cribs that are narrower at the top and up to 46″ at the bottom. No complicated attachments, just throw over and attach straps to the crib’s legs
- The safest pack and play blackout cover for your baby: never made from elastane fabric (not breathable) – always made with scientifically tested mesh. All our products exceed CPSIA safety standards; we never add PVCs or flame retardants.
If you’re unsure if a cover will fit your pack ‘n play, the SnoozeShade Pack ‘N Play Blackout Tent will put your fears to rest. Fitting pack ‘n plays with rectangle and triangle bases along with mini cribs and mini pack ‘n plays, it’ll fit a multitude of needs.
Made without PVCs and retardants, it exceeds safety standards, keeping your baby’s air clean. Overall, this blackout cover receives nothing but praise. Even so, it’s worth noting that the cover can be slouchy in certain areas, depending on the style of playard or mini crib you are covering.
Some parents also report that it might be a little stuffy when zipped up, but the SnoozeShade is made from a specially manufactured mesh fabric that is air-permeable and has even been tested for CO2 rebreathing. It’s safe enough for use with a newborn while also offering full blackout coverage.
If you order your SnoozeShade through their website, use code WONDER10 for 10% off!
Material: Polyester | Dimensions: 11.81 x 7.48 x 3.94 inches
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on SnoozeShadeUSA.com
Pack ‘N Play Covers: What Are They For?
Pack ‘N Play covers are a unique piece of baby gear that solve an array of problems:
- Darkened Sleep Space: One of the main reasons parents use pack ‘n play covers is for their darkening effect. No blackout curtains? No problem! Specific pack ‘n play covers can reduce light by nearly 100%.
- Protection From Insects: It’s fun to take your baby out for fresh air, but not when they’re at risk for pesky bites. A see-through mesh pack ‘n play cover is the perfect solution, offering 360-degree visibility with total protection from bugs!
- Prevents Escape Artists: A surprising use for these covers comes in the form of foiling escape plans. Many parents have found pack ‘n play covers to be the only safe solution that works in keeping their babies from crawling out of their sleep space.
How to Choose the Best Cover for Your Baby’s Pack ‘N Play
After you’ve chosen the best pack ‘n play, you might as well move on to choosing the best pack ‘n play cover for all your adventures ahead! Don’t miss these key factors when making your selection:
- Cost: Luckily, there’s a pack ‘n play cover to fit every budget. Consider how much you’ll use it and the wear and tear it’ll receive when weighing the price.
- Material: Is it breathable? Is it easy to clean? Is it transparent, or is it thick enough to block light? Examine the material to be sure it fits your needs.
- Fit: A baby pack ‘n play cover can be ultra-fitted or more of a tent style with head clearance. Which fit you choose will likely determine how long you can use it.
- Use: What’s your primary reason for using a pack ‘n play cover? This will ultimately determine your choice, as the different materials and styles vary based on what you need them for.
Can I use a regular sheet as a pack ‘n play cover?
In a pinch, you could use a fitted sheet as a pack ‘n play cover, but the results will probably be lacking. Babies can easily push a sheet off the corners of the pack ‘n play, and it has little to no darkening effect. Depending on your baby’s temperament and what you need it for, the sheet could work, but you’re better off investing in an actual cover.
Are pack ‘n play covers safe for babies to sleep in?
While these covers are a useful tool, they should be used under supervision, especially if you’re using them to prevent your child from climbing out of their sleep space. Always use your cover as directed by the manufacturer of your product to ensure your child’s safety.
The 4 Best Pull-Ups with Velcro Sides of 2023
Pull-ups with velcro sides make potty training easy! We’ve done the research and found the best ones for your little one.
11 Organic Snacks Kids (and Parents) Will Love!
There are lots of snacks you can feel good about giving your kids. Start with this solid selection of organic snacks for kids (and parents) to get you started!
The 5 Best Teething Mittens of 2023
Looking for the best teething mittens for your baby? Here are our top picks, which are sure to delight your little one and soothe their sore gums!