The 5 Best Beach Strollers of 2023
- If you’re planning your next beach vacation, bringing a beach stroller will make your days in the sand much easier.
- Regular strollers are notoriously tricky to use on sandy beaches, so look into all-terrain strollers that can handle the sand.
- A jogging stroller or stroller wagon is a great choice for a beach stroller because of its large wheels and suspension.
- Beach strollers aren’t just for the beach but are also suitable for other outdoor days with rocky, uneven, or muddy terrain.
You’ve got your beach towels, water bottles, blanket, and floaties, not to mention the extra clothes, hats, and sunscreen. So you put your kids in the stroller, load up your gear and head out to the beach—but disaster strikes as soon as you reach the sand.
You’re stuck. The wheels are sinking, they won’t move, your toddler’s thrashing around, the baby’s crying, it’s hot, and you don’t know what you’ll do with all this stuff! You end up taking multiple trips, picking up kids, bags, towels and beach toys, and wondering why this vacation doesn’t feel like a vacation at all.
What you need is a stroller for the beach. A beach stroller is a lightweight jogging stroller or all-terrain stroller that can roll over that sand easily so your family can settle in for a great day at the beach.
Check out our list of the best beach strollers of 2023 and what to look for if you decide to invest in one.
Our Choice: Graco FastAction LX Stroller
- Graco’s signature FastAction one-second, one-hand fold provides the ultimate in convenience for parents on the go
- Seat pad removes to create a lightweight infant car seat carrier
- Accepts all Graco infant car seats with a secure one-step attachment to create your own travel system
- 3-position height-adjustable handle for comfortable strolling
You can always rely on Graco to produce a sturdy product at a great price. The Graco FastAction LX Stroller is a budget-friendly all-terrain stroller you can take to the beach.
Graco says their air-filled rubber tires will give you a smooth ride over any terrain, and parents agree. What parents also love about this jogging stroller is the one-second, one-hand fold for easy collapsing and storage, ideal for when you’re on the go.
It takes all Graco car seats with an attachment for younger babies, creating a safe and versatile travel system that adapts with your kids from birth to toddlerhood.
Parents like its ability to cover uneven ground smoothly, but they do find it to be on the heavier side, especially with a child.
Compared to some on this list, the Graco sun canopy is also not as large and doesn’t have sun protection included. However, at this price and for all the things it can do on the road and off, the Graco FastAction is a budget-friendly option for your day at the beach.
Best Lightweight Beach Stroller: Joovy Zoom360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
- HIGH RIDING SEAT so your child can take in the work around them
- SHOCK ABSORBING SUSPENSION because the best jogger stroller can handle any terrain – and the Zoom360 handles all kinds of surfaces, like rickety old paths, bumpy beaches, and cobblestone walkways!
- EXTRA-LARGE, AIR-FILLED TIRES handle every type of terrain. The locking and swiveling front tire increases stability and maneuverability, and the air pump is included so you can adjust tire pressure on the go!
- WEIGHS JUST 26.25 POUNDS, makes this stand out from other lightweight baby strollers
If you’re traveling for a beach vacation, the Joovy Zoom360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller is a lightweight, all-terrain option that will take you from the airport to a sandy beach with no hassle.
What sets the Joovy Zoom360 apart is just how lightweight it is, at only 26.25 pounds. It’s easy to fold and store for stress-free travel. The wheels also pop off if necessary.
It handles smoothly on any terrain with its extra large, air filled tires. It also has a reclining stroller seat for your child’s comfort and an extra large canopy for sun protection.
The Joovy Zoom360 supports children up to 75 pounds, so your bigger kids should be comfortable in it, too, on your family trips.
At this price point, a non-adjustable handlebar and less storage than other strollers is a drawback. However, if you’re looking for something lightweight and easy to handle on uneven terrain for your next vacation, this is a good lightweight option.
Best Double Beach Stroller: Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger
- Lockable front swivel wheel for ease of maneuverability and pneumatic bicycle tires
- Ratcheting shade canopy. Care and Maintenance – To clean the seat pad, use only mild household soap or detergent and warm water on a sponge or clean cloth. Check your stroller for loose screws, worn parts, torn material or stitching on a regular basis. Replace or repair parts as needed.
- Convenient parent tray with 2 cup holders and a covered storage compartment
- 5-point safety harness.Lightweight, sturdy construction
If you’ve got two little ones that you’re trying to get out to the beach, take a look at the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger.
Priced very reasonably compared to other double strollers and jogging strollers, the Baby Trend has several brilliant features that are perfect for your next vacation on the beach.
Parents are impressed with how lightweight this double stroller is, given its size. It’s easy to collapse, too, so it’s ideal for travel if getting through the airport or fitting it in the trunk are concerns.
It has a lockable front swivel wheel and pneumatic bicycle tires, so it can definitely handle tricky sandy terrain without leaving you stranded.
In addition, this double jogging stroller has a covered, extra large storage basket with deep, wide pockets on the back of each seat, perfect for carrying all your beach toys and towels.
Your kids will be made in the shade with the ratcheting, vented, adjustable canopy. Plus, when your fun time at the beach is over, use the Baby Trend for jogging and other off-road adventures. It can handle them!
Best Travel System that Works on the Beach: BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Travel System:
- Complete travel system: Revolution FLEX 3.0 jogging stroller, Britax B-Safe Gen2 infant car seat, car seat base and adapters are all in one box
- Smooth ride: mountain-bike-style suspension and air-filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride on any terrain
- Extra space: 6 storage pockets & extra-large cargo basket offer plenty of room for your gear; includes a cell phone pocket at the handlebar
- Britax safety: sturdy build with a high-strength steel reinforced car seat base & Safe Cell Crumple zone; protective shell with foam provides head-to-toe safety
Strollers and car seats are expensive. Many parents want to buy only once because it’s better for their budget and better for the planet. Travel systems are an excellent way to go because they tend to be more versatile with greater longevity.
The BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Travel System is a significant investment, but it’s worth it in terms of quality and versatility. This is one great all-terrain stroller that will take you from birth all the way through toddlerhood, with as many trips to the beach as you like!
The BOB jogging stroller comes with a Britax B-Safe Gen 2 infant car seat with a car seat adapter and base. The car seat attaches to the stroller easily to keep your infant in a rear-facing position. In addition, the extra large canopy with built-in sun protection will keep your baby safe in the sun.
You can use the stroller without the car seat when your baby is big enough. Parents love the ultra smooth ride on the air filled tires with mountain bike suspension and how easy it is to maneuver with its adjustable handlebar.
It’s also got great storage capacity, with six storage pockets and an extra large basket at the bottom, perfect for all your baby beach essentials. It even has a cell phone pocket on the handlebar.
Although it’s expensive, the BOB Revolution 3.0 travel system is worth the investment for its versatility. If your family is spending any time outdoors, whether at the beach or on the trails, this is a great stroller to take with you.
Best Beach Stroller Wagon: Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon
- Push or pull, decide on the fly. It’s easy to adapt your ride with a flip of the handle
- All-terrain wheels give you the freedom to go from pavement to beach and beyond
- Canopies with UPF 50-plus help shield your child from the sun’s harmful rays
- Spacious Storage: Easy access basket to hold all your child care essentials. Rotates in to the wagon when only one child is seated
In terms of versatility, the Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon can’t be beaten. With its large, all-terrain wheels, this stroller wagon has definite beach capability, even in moderately deep sand.
Two toddlers can ride in style with a snack tray and cup holder included. The adjustable handlebar can extend to suit your height, but it also switches from a push to a pull position easily, depending on the terrain.
It also has double shade canopies with UPF 50+ protection for your peace of mind.
- Canopies with UPF 50+ help shield your child from the sun’s harmful rays
- 3-point safety straps to keep your little wigglers from escaping
Finally, if your kids are different ages or have different needs, you can purchase a second seat separately for versatile and comfortable seating arrangements.
On the downside, the Evenflo Pivot Xplore is not the easiest stroller to collapse, fold and store. It requires two hands and parents say it can be a little tricky.
That said, with plenty of storage and versatility, this stroller wagon really is a great choice for your day at the beach and beyond.
While an all-terrain stroller should make your baby or toddler more comfortable on your beach adventures, lots of time outside on warm days can also leave them sweaty and sticky.
- 【Upgraded Flexible Tripod】The small stroller fan is made of upgraded bendable metal and silicone surface, more durable, stable and easy to clean.You can bend it to any angle you want, treadmill fan, desk fan, handheld fan, or even cell phone stands are all set by you.
- 【Dual 360 Degree Rotation】This baby fan offers complete 360 vertical and horizontal rotations so you can direct the wind at an appropriate speed to any direction you need. Great for baby stroller, Crib, Car Seat, office, gym, outdoors, camping, trips, and bike, etc.
- 【Four Speeds Adjustable】One button to switch four different wind speeds, this mini handheld fan is designed for all ages. Ultra-fine mesh fan front cover can better care for the fingers of the baby. Four adjustable speed design provides you more choices in different temperature environment.
- 【USB or Battery Powered】Two types of power supply: usb-powered or battery-powered. You can charge through your PC, power bank or car charger.Built-in 4000mAh battery, the Rechargeable Battery Operated fan can work for up to 12 hours after full charge.
Once you’re down on the sand, give your baby a break from the beach stroller and set up a lightweight baby beach tent, like this one from Babymoov.
With UV protection in the fabric, this light and airy tent is the perfect shady spot for little ones to nap and play on the beach.
- Large play tent: this large pop up tent (39″ L x 39″ W x 31.5″ H) creates the perfect space shaded from the sun for your child to play or rest.
- Ultimate protection and safety: The dome tent material has an anti-UV rating of 50+ keeping your child’s skin protected from 99% of harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The beach tent canopy blocks sand, wind and also features a mosquito net.
- Easy to use pop-up system: This sun shade folds and unfolds in seconds. When unfolded, use the pegs to secure the tent to the ground or sand. When folded, use the carry bag included for Easy storage and transportation.
- Mosquito net with natural airflow: a zipped mesh netting offers protection from mosquitos and other bugs. A back window creates ventilation to keep your baby cool when sun protection is needed.
Beach Stroller: A Must-Have for Summer Getaways
If you plan on getting out to the beach this summer with your baby in tow, you’ll need to consider whether your stroller can handle the sand.
There’s nothing worse than getting together all the gear your family needs for the beach and then realizing that you’ll have to carry your kids and your stroller across the beach because the wheels won’t go over the terrain.
For stress-free, family fun on your summer getaway, you need a lightweight stroller that’s comfortable for your kids with large wheels for the sand and a big canopy for sun protection.
What kind of stroller is best for the beach?
A jogging stroller, stroller wagon, or all-terrain stroller will work best as a beach stroller. Air filled tires and large wheels with a suspension system purpose-built to cover rocky, uneven, or off-road terrains will be a big help on your day at the beach.
If you’re traveling far by car or taking a plane to your beach vacation, you might be tempted to stick with your easy-to-use, easy-to-collapse, compact umbrella stroller.
While a umbrella strollers may be useful in the airport and around town, trust us, on the beach, they’ll be more trouble than they’re worth because they’re unlikely to go over the beach sand.
Another reason to look at jogging strollers and all-terrain strollers designed for outdoor activities is sun protection. These strollers usually have larger sun canopies that can be pulled over to cover a napping child.
You can even find strollers with built-in SPF protection in the canopy’s fabric, giving your child an extra layer of protection from the sun on beach day.
How to Choose the Best Beach Stroller for Summer
When you’re on the lookout for a baby stroller for the beach, take a look at jogging strollers and all-terrain strollers that also have these features:
|SPF in canopy|
|Large storage basket|
|Large, all-terrain tires|
Heard a lot about weighted blankets and lap pads and wondering how to choose one? Here’s our guide to the ins and outs of finding the right weighted blanket.
Looking for the right night light to help your little one ease into bedtime? Check out our guide for everything you need to know about toddler night lights.
Potty Training, Product Reviews
The best swim diapers are comfortable and help prevent your baby from having an accident in the pool or ocean. Find our favorites in this round-up!