5 Best Travel Pack ‘N Plays of 2023
- Consider the age appropriateness of a pack ‘n play. Not all models are suited for babies and young children.
- A pack ‘n play’s design can affect its functionality.
- Travel pack ‘n plays should be lightweight and portable.
- Some pack ‘n plays have convenient added features.
Our family loves to travel, and having a safe space for our little ones to relax or sleep has always been a priority.
Choosing a travel pack ‘n play wasn’t easy, though. When we started browsing, we realized that some models weren’t safe. Others had great accessories, but these were sold separately.
We wanted to give our baby a comfortable nap space and a safe place for independent play. The right pack ‘n play needed to have room for multiple kids while being lightweight and portable. With so many requirements, I thought we’d never find one that fits our budget. But the options are endless. Sifting through them, however, takes time.
If you’re a busy parent, I know this is something you only have a little off. That’s why we found the 5 best travel pack ‘n plays and listed their pros and cons in one place.
Our Pick: The Lotus Travel Crib (Best Travel Pack ‘n Play)
- 【CERTIFIED SAFE & LOW-VOC】It’s surprising, but some baby products, including play yards, still contain harsh chemicals. That didn’t fly with our team, so we had the Lotus tested, and certified, GreenGuard Gold – one of the only portable play yards to do so. What does that mean? No PVC, lead, formaldehyde, mercury, arsenic, phthalates, or other dangerous chemicals. Whether resting or playing, the Lotus truly creates a safe and comfortable environment for your little one
- 【WORRY-FREE AIRPORT TRAVEL】3D Z-Fold Technology allows it to fold compact enough to carry through airports, making the Lotus Travel Crib a baby travel essential. The durable yet lightweight design weighs only 15 lbs and can be set up in just 15 seconds! The foldable crib’s ability to be carried as a lightweight backpack allows you to travel hands-free with ease.
- 【BUILD A BETTER BOND】Quietly and easily unzip the lockable side door to help your baby fall asleep or turn the portable crib into a play yard. With the door open, you can nurse or cuddle your little one to help them feel safe and secure in a new place and foster an even stronger connection. The updated insulated mattress has a thick, soft foam approved for overnight sleep (ages 0-3) making it a safe and comfortable environment for both resting and playing.
- 【LASTING COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE】The Lotus Crib portable playard is made with high-quality aluminum and non-slip rubberized feet, making it travel-ready and easy to assemble. It’s perfect for parents on-the-go who need a reliable and convenient portable travel crib. Plus, our portable toddler bed features a full-height ClearView mesh design for better visibility & airflow.
The Guava Family Lotus Travel Crib is a high-quality, sturdy, and ultra-portable pack ‘n play. It’s a great choice if your family travels frequently. Like many other travel cribs, this model is also lightweight but has the added bonus of only taking a minute to set up! Add an additional 1–2 minutes, and all the velcro tabs are closed too.
The crib’s design is longer and narrower than a regular play yard. You can easily fit it through doorways and maneuver it around a room. The top rail of this pack ‘n play fixes into place when set up. Its metal legs fold upon themselves for easy portability.
Your little one will sleep comfortably on the secure mat. With no fabric border that poses a suffocation hazard for younger infants who cannot lift their heads, this pack ‘n play meets safe sleep requirements.
One issue with the Lotus travel crib is that it lacks wheels. Thankfully, it is lightweight and easy to pick up and move around. The pack ‘n play also comes with a roll-aboard carry-case with a shoulder strap if you want to turn it into a backpack to free up your arms.
Best Space Saving Pack ‘n Play: The Pamo Babe Portable Crib
- [Easy Assembly & Compact Folding] No tools required for assembly or folding. Takes up minimal space when folded (26.18″* 7.48″*7.48″). Weighing just 17.6 lbs., you can hold it with just one hand.
- [Travel-Friendly] The crib will be delivered to you in a convenient case. It is portable, so you can bring it along when you visit family and friends.
- [Age Appropriate] The infant playpen is appropriate for toddlers from ages 0 to 36 months. It is ideal from infancy to toddlerhood.
- [Safe & Supported] The playard’s weight restriction is 33 lbs. It provides a supported play yard for your baby to play and crawl around safely in the confines of the cot.
If you’re looking for a pack ‘n play that takes up little space and comes in a carrying bag, the Pamo Babe Portable Crib should be on your list. It’s travel-friendly, age-appropriate for infants and toddlers, and easy to set up.
One of the best features of this portable playard is its full mesh design. It provides maximum ventilation and visibility. Your baby will stay cool, and you’ll be able to keep an eye on them at all times.
The mattress that comes with the pack ‘n play is a little thin, but there are plenty of affordable mattress options available on Amazon. If you want your little one to nap in this crib, adding one will make it more comfortable.
The Pamo Babe portable pack ‘n play is sturdy. It will ensure your baby has a secure space to stay in sight and out of mischief. There is plenty of room for your little one to move around, and the character design on the mesh side can encourage social development and play.
Best Budget Pack ‘n Play: The Regalo Portable Playard
- PERFECT FIT: The nylon bottom provides protection from rough surfaces. The My Play 6-panel measures 48 inches wide and 27 inches tall. Patented easy fit, one-time adjustment system.
- PORTABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Designed with a simple fold and go deign. Easy to set up and take down within seconds.
- INDOOR AND OUTDOOR: Water resistant for indoor and outdoor use.
- EASY CLEAN: Designed with a ventilating mesh walls and a nylon bottom for easy clean up. Simply hand wash and wipe down with a damp cloth and soap to keep it fresh and sanitary.
Finding an affordable pack ‘n play can feel like a struggle if you’re on a budget. The Regalo Six Panel My Portable Play Yard can end your search. I was thrilled to discover it!
This play space uses a patented, easy-fit, one-time adjustment system. This means that once you’ve set it up for your child, you won’t have to adjust it with every use. It’s also easy to set up—simply unfold and push down the foot locks to secure it in place.
Convenience, versatility, and safety make this pack ‘n play a great choice. It’s water-resistant and durable, with an all-steel frame and reinforced stitching. The nylon bottom provides protection against rough surfaces, while the ventilating mesh walls ensure sufficient airflow. The Regalo playpen is easy to clean too. When you see a mess, wipe it down with a damp cloth!
One shortcoming of this portable travel playard is that your baby can’t sleep in it. While a crib mattress can fit inside, the Regalo playard is raised from the ground and is not safe sleep approved.
Best All-In-One Pack ‘n Play: The Graco Pack ‘N Play Travel Dome Playard
- Travel Dome bassinet easily lifts out from playard to be used in any room of the house, keeping baby nearby
- Lightweight Travel Dome bassinet folds easily for use at home or away
- Full-size infant bassinet provides an easy-to-reach and easy-to-view spot for your baby to sleep
- Removable diaper changer features wipe-clean fabrics to make cleanup quick and easy
The Graco Pack ‘n Play Travel Dome Playard is great for on-the-go parents. This travel pack ‘n play doubles as a bassinet and changing table. It’s a total game-changer!
You can set up this playard in minutes. Packing it away is also hassle-free with its signature push-button fold. It’s an incredible companion for family adventures or a night at the grandparents’ house. The convenient travel bag included makes it easy to transport and store.
The portable changing station allows you to change your little one’s diaper anywhere with ease. There are also storage pockets for baby products or snacks. If your baby needs a comfortable and familiar place to rest, you can place them in the removal bassinet attachment for naps.
The Travel Dome Playard also has a mobile with three soft toys. These will keep your baby entertained. Once you remove all the attachments, the airy mesh playpen becomes a safe play space. It has a sturdy frame, a soft base mattress (doubling as the bassinet mattress), and visibility from all sides.
Best Travel Pack ‘n Play For Multiples: Angelbliss Baby Playpen
- 【Foldable Baby Gate Playpen】Aims at saving your space and time, our foldable play pen designs to make your assembling and disassembling easier and quicker even if your house is not big, and you can complete it in seconds by yourselves. It is suitable for transport and storage.
- 【Safety Material to Free Parent’s Hands】With the strong steel pipe, our baby play yards is more efficient to ensure the safe for children. At the same time, our fence is entirely wrapped in soft cloth, there is no exposed gap, there is no danger of pinching. Parents can have peace of mind to do their own things. (Note: Padding is not included.)
- 【Pack-N-Play Baby Fence】The total dimensions of the baby play pen is 50x50x27 inches/127x127x70cm after complete assembly, which can easily accommodate 1 adults and 1 baby. It is large enough for your child to crawl, stand, play, and nap. The package size is 37x9x9 inches.
- 【High-quality Accessories】Made of 300d oxford fabric cover and the durable zipper, This activity center for baby can stand wear and tear. And the double zipper gate design is humanity to meet your need. The external zipper gate allows your baby knee from the playpen, and the internal zipper gate is using for storage.
The Angelbliss foldable baby playpen is the perfect solution for traveling families with multiple children. This playpen is designed to save space and time. It assembles and disassembles in minutes and comes with a travel bag for easy storage.
The total dimensions of the spacious playpen are 50x50x27 inches. You can join your little one in their play space or simultaneously allow multiple kids in it. They can crawl, stand, play, and even nap if you add safe mattresses.
With a 360° complete vision design, you can watch your kids from any angle. The mesh side panels support air circulation to keep the playpen well-ventilated. Children also have a clear view of their surroundings while inside.
You can take the Angelbliss playpen on your beach vacation or camping adventure! It features strong steel pipes and durable material. You don’t have to worry about critters getting in, and it can withstand environmental elements.
Whether you choose a mini pack ‘n play or a bigger playpen, a few accessories can make your travel crib even better!
- Sunshade: A sunshade or crib cover will protect your baby from harmful UV rays if you plan on using the pack ‘n play outdoors.
- Mosquito net: A mosquito net will keep pesky bugs away when your little one rests in their pack ‘n play. The CDC has advice on using a mosquito net correctly.
- Portable sound machine: A portable sound machine can help soothe your baby to sleep in unfamiliar environments.
- Portable fan attachment: If you’re traveling to a region with hot weather or know the places you typically stay aren’t air-conditioned, a portable fan can help keep your baby cool and comfortable.
- Waterproof mattress pad: We all know kids are messy! While most pack ‘n plays are easy to clean, a waterproof mattress pad can simplify this! It will protect the pack ‘n play mattress from any spills or leaks.
Why Do You Need a Travel Pack ‘N Play?
If you travel a lot, having a pack ‘n play for on-the-go can make your trips easier, especially if your kids are still infants. Here are a few reasons to have one:
Travel Pack ‘n Plays Provide a Safe Sleeping Environment
This is one of the most important reasons to use a travel pack ‘n play. Having one will ensure your baby has a safe and secure place to sleep while you’re away from home. Most travel pack ‘n plays are designed to meet safety standards. Look for one with a flat, firm sleeping surface and mesh sides.
If you choose a travel-friendly playpen instead, add a pack ‘n play mattress for sleeping. You’ll also have to buy fitted sheets to ensure your sleeping space meets safe sleep regulations that help prevent SIDS.
Travel Pack ‘n Plays Are Versatile
In addition to being a safe space for your child to sleep, travel pack ‘n plays make great playpens. Some models even have attached toys or other features to keep your little one entertained. Your kid will have a safe place for independent play while you keep an eye on them from a distance. If your pack ‘n play has mesh sides, they’ll be visible from all angles!
Travel Pack ‘n Plays Are Portable
Unlike standard baby cribs, a pack ‘n play is designed to be lightweight and portable. Most models can fold up into a compact size for easy transport. This makes them perfect for road trips, flights, and overnight stays. Moving a pack ‘n play from room to room or outside is also easy. You can go about your day while keeping your baby in view.
How to Choose the Best Travel Pack ‘N Play
Knowing what to look for when shopping for a travel pack ‘n play will make picking the best one easier! Consider these factors:
Examine How Versatile the Pack ‘n Play Is
I strongly believe that all baby gear should be versatile. This adds value and reduces spending. Think about the additional features you might want in a travel pack ‘n play.
Does it have attached toys or a mobile to help keep your child entertained? Are there storage pockets to hold diapers, wipes, or snacks? Does it have a removable bassinet or portable changing surface included?
Determine How Easy the Pack ‘n Play Is To Use
You don’t want to spend hours struggling to put your pack ‘n play together or take it apart. Whether you’re spending the night in a hotel room or need a safe space for your little one to play on a camping trip, ease of use is essential! Look for models with clear instructions or video tutorials to help you get started.
Consider the Size and Weight of the Pack ‘n Play
Choose a lightweight pack ‘n play to make traveling easier. Consider the size and weight when the pack ‘n play is set up and folded down. This will determine how comfortably it fits in your travel space.
You should have no trouble packing it in your vehicle or checking it on a flight. If you are traveling by car, look for a model that will fit in your trunk or backseat. If most of your travels will be by plane, ensure the pack ‘n play meets airline size and weight restrictions.
Take Note of the Pack ‘n Play’s Safety Features
The pack ‘n play you choose should meet current safety standards. Look for models that have a firm, flat surface. A secure structure that won’t collapse or move is also a must.
Pack ‘n plays with breathable mesh sides that allow for good air circulation are safer. You should also check for potential hazards like sharp edges or small parts. Choose a pack ‘n play made from high-quality materials that won’t wear down over time.
Think About How Comfortable the Pack ‘n Play Is
Comfort should always be a priority when choosing baby gear. The best pack ‘n play for your child will support their developing body. Consider the apparent features but also the additional ones that can enhance comfort.
A built-in bassinet, removable changing table, and adjustable height options add points to the board. Some models come with a comfortable mattress, while other pack ‘n plays require this separately.
Play, Sleep, Repeat
A travel pack ‘n play is ideal for family adventures, but it’s also an excellent crib alternative if you live in an apartment or small house. Giving your baby a safe space to rest and play will help them stay comfortable and out of trouble.
If you choose a pack ‘n play with a bassinet attachment, you can let your little one take naps in it even when you’re not on the road. This will help them familiarize themselves with the sleeping environment and make traveling easier. You can also use any accessories you buy for your pack ‘n play separately.
Picking a great play yard or travel crib can make your life more convenient. If you choose wisely, your baby will enjoy it from infancy to toddlerhood!
Heard a lot about weighted blankets and lap pads and wondering how to choose one? Here’s our guide to the ins and outs of finding the right weighted blanket.
Looking for the right night light to help your little one ease into bedtime? Check out our guide for everything you need to know about toddler night lights.
Potty Training, Product Reviews
The best swim diapers are comfortable and help prevent your baby from having an accident in the pool or ocean. Find our favorites in this round-up!