7 Best Strollers for Tall Parents of 2023
- Your stroller should be comfortable for your height to avoid slouching, hunching, and back pain.
- Adjustable handlebar height is the first stroller feature tall parents should look for.
- Stroller heights vary considerably from brand to brand, so doing your research is important to get the best fit for you and your baby.
There are so many features to weigh up when buying a stroller. Price, storage capacity, ease of folding, car seat compatibility, suspension, weight, and reclining positions are just a few of the things you’ll be thinking about.
One of the most critically important things to consider is how comfortable the stroller will be—not just for your baby, but for you too. If you’re a tall parent or caregiver, that means finding a stroller you can push easily without having to hunch or adjust your stride so you’re not kicking the back of the stroller.
Fortunately, many strollers on the market have adjustable handlebar heights so that all the caregivers who use them can be comfortable and avoid back strain.
Check out our guide to the best strollers for tall parents of 2023 to help you take some guesswork out of stroller shopping.
BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0: Best Overall for Tall Parents
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 6 storage pockets & extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; Includes a cell phone pocket at the handlebar
- Kid comfort: Ultra-padded compression seat with infinite recline sits fully upright for all-day comfort, and lays near-flat with the push of a button
Parents just love their BOB strollers. They rave about their maneuverability, smooth ride over any terrain, and ease of use.
We put the BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 here as our top choice for tall parents because, in addition to all of those qualities, it has one of the highest adjustable handlebar heights, maxing out at 48 inches.
This is one of the best jogging strollers on the market, meant for all terrains, so it has large rear wheels and an excellent suspension system. Air-filled tires provide a smooth ride. It also has an extra large cargo basket, great for shopping and carrying all of your baby gear.
You can turn the Flex into a travel system, too. Use it with almost any major brand of car seat with the help of the BOB infant car seat adapter, sold separately.
As a premium brand jogging stroller, the BOB Flex is expensive, especially if you’re buying the car seat adapter. However, with many reclining positions, from near flat to upright, and the ability to accommodate children up to 75 pounds and 44 inches tall, you’ll likely have it for a long time.
You’ll be using a stroller for several years, so it’s worth the investment if it’s also comfortable for you and your child.
Material: Aluminum, Poly and Dobby Weave Fabrics | Handle Bar Height: 34.5-48 inches | Maximum Weight Recommendation: 75 pounds
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on Target.com
Summer 3DMini Convenience Stroller: Best Umbrella Stroller for Tall Parents
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier! The Summer 3Dmini Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs 11 pounds and has a full-sized seat, plus auto-lock, anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels.
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must! It’s mini, but mighty for long-term use and offers both an everyday and travel stroller option.
- MULTI-POSITION RECLINE – Keep your little one comfortable with multi-position recline, padded seat back and padded 5 point safety harness. It’s perfect for nap time strolls and edge-of-the-seat travels! Maximum weight for this toddler stroller: 45 pounds.
- COMPACT FOLD – The easy, compact fold makes it simple to store this lightweight umbrella stroller and bring it with you on the go! Plus, it has a hassle-free canopy with flip out sun visor that is perfect for sunny days.
Finding the best umbrella stroller is often tricky for taller parents. Umbrella strollers are handy for quick trips, on vacation, in airports, or to keep in the car. They usually don’t have adjustable handlebars, though, and they can be pretty low, so they’re not convenient to use if you’re tall.
The Summer 3DMini Convenience Stroller has a handlebar height of 43 inches, higher than most umbrella strollers. This lightweight stroller is easy to use, easy to fold, and great for travel or keeping in the trunk.
However, the Summer 3DMini has small wheels, so it doesn’t have the same all-terrain maneuverability you’ll find with bigger, more expensive strollers.
You would probably end up buying this as a second stroller for travel, vacations, and quick trips rather than relying on it for heavy-duty daily use.
Still, this is a good, small travel stroller option for tall parents on the go or on vacation.
Material: Aluminum, Polyester | Handle Bar Height: 43 inches | Maximum Weight Recommendation: 45 pounds
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on Target.com
Britax B-Ready G3 Stroller: Best Convertible Stroller for Tall Parents
- Versatile design, no flat rubber tires, and double seating with the same mobility as a single stroller
- Quick fold with 1 or 2 seats attached; 12 seating options when paired with the B Ready Bassinet, Britax Infant Car Seats, or B Ready Second Seat (all sold separately)
- Travel System ready: compatible with all Britax and BOB infant car seats
- Extra large UV 50+ canopy, adjustable handlebar, 4 recline positions, and oversized storage basket
Tall parents agree: the Britax B-Ready G3 Stroller is one of the best and most adjustable, even for very tall parents who are well past six feet. The handlebar is easy to shift, so it can be changed to suit any caregiver using it.
In addition, this is a convertible stroller meant to grow with your family over time. Start out with it as a single stroller to which you can attach the bassinet for the early months. Then, use it as a travel system, attaching either a Britax or BOB infant car seat.
Finally, you can purchase the B-Ready Second Seat for two children, which can also be used in combination with the bassinet or car seat. This is a stroller that will last as your family grows.
The B-Ready also has an extra large sun canopy and an oversized, large storage basket. The comfy padded seat can be used from birth to 55 pounds.
Although it’s reasonably priced for this kind of stroller, the additional seats are all sold separately, so you’ll need to factor them into the price too. Also, some parents feel this stroller can be a little cramped as a double stroller once two kids are in it.
However, if finding a stroller to match your height is a priority, this is definitely one to look at.
Material: Foam, Polyester | Handle Bar Height: 43 inches | Maximum Weight Recommendation: 55 pounds
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on Britax.com
UPPABaby Cruz V2: Best Luxury Stroller for Tall Parents
- Suitable for children from 3 months up to 50 pounds
- Dual action rear suspension (patent-pending) is designed with two varying springs that respond in unison to soften the ride no matter the child’s weight
- Smaller folded size makes it easier to carry, tuck away or take up less trunk space
- Larger front and rear tires create a smoother ride over tough terrain; Zip out fabric extension provides UPF 50+ protection along with privacy during nap time; Top mesh panels allow for quick check-in, along with added airflow.
The UPPABaby Cruz V2 offers the suspension and maneuverability of a jogging stroller but the narrow width and easy fold of a standard, single stroller.
This is a great stroller for walks and doing your errands around town. It has an extra large storage basket for your shopping, a reversible, adjustable seat, and one of the largest sun canopies of any of the strollers on this list.
Although it’s the size of a full standard stroller, the Cruz V2 folds down smoothly into a compact shape you can easily store or fit in the trunk of the car.
Parents love the smooth ride, essential to your baby’s comfort. This stroller is also meant to grow with your child, accommodating children from three months up to 55 pounds comfortably in the reclining seat.
The adjustable handlebar means any caregiver can use it comfortably.
This luxury stroller is expensive, but for the taller parent who doesn’t want to buy more than one stroller for their child’s early years, it has a lot of features to offer.
Material: Aluminum, Leather | Handle Bar Height: starts at 40 inches | Maximum Weight Recommendation: 50 pounds
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on UPPAbaby.com
Chicco Activ3 Jogging Stroller: Best Budget-Friendly Stroller for Tall Parents
- Multi-position reclining seat with full-coverage, UPF 50+ extendable canopy with two peek-a-boo windows and reflective detail. Detachable padded arm bar for easy in and out as child grows.
- Secure, click-in attachment for all Chicco infant car seats (sold separately) via the included arm bar – no additional adapter needed.
- Exclusive Control Console includes hand-operated parking brake to keep foot area clear and unobstructed, hand-operated locking front swivel wheel for on-the-go adjustment and 4-position handle.
- Adjustable FlexCore suspension for smooth or rugged terrain, and foam-filled tires perform like air-filled tires but never go flat.
Jogging strollers can run well over $500, so we’ve listed the Chicco Activ3 Jogging Stroller as a more budget-friendly option for a good quality jogging stroller with an extendable handlebar that works for tall parents.
The Chicco Activ3 is a tall stroller with a standing height of 42 inches. The handlebar extends beyond that. Parents love its maneuverability and smooth suspension for running and tackling bumpy terrain.
Turn it into a travel system by adding your Chicco infant car seat. Then, when your baby is ready for the toddler seat, they’ll be very comfortable in its multi-recline positions with full coverage sun canopy.
It also has an easy one-handed fold in three configurations for easy travel and storage. It has standing fold, flat fold, and quick release wheel folding options.
Some parents find it a little heavy and bulky, coming in at just under 28 pounds. But if you’re a taller parent, this may just be the right fit at the right price.
Material: Aluminum, Foam, Polyester, PVC | Handle Bar Height: starts at 42 inches | Maximum Weight Recommendation: 50 pounds
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on Target.com
Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller: Best Double Stroller for Tall Parents
- An all-terrain double stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16″ rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
- One-handed, compact fold to easily store and transport
For the taller parent, the Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller is one of the best double strollers you won’t have to stoop to push.
Its handlebar extends up to 44 inches, much higher than most brands, so very tall parents may want to take note.
It folds up neatly and compactly, which is impressive given that it’s a double and a jogging stroller.
Large all-terrain wheels and excellent smooth suspension make it ideal for taking your little ones out over any kind of bumpy surface, including when you’re jogging the city streets.
Excellent handling means this will be easy to use, especially when pushing two. However, as it’s not convertible or usable with a car seat, your time window for using it as a double might be more limited than with more versatile double strollers.
Don’t rule it out, though, as its extended handlebar really might be a back saver for mom and dad, and that’s important too.
Material: Aluminum | Handle Bar Height: 35.5-44 inches | Maximum Weight Recommendation: 100 pounds
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com
Cybex Balios S Lux Stroller: Best Standard Stroller for Tall Parents
- Lux Baby Stroller: Elegance meets function in the Balios S Lux, with premium fabrics, a leatherette handlebar and bumper bar, and anodized silver frame. The sun canopy offers a mesh window and UPF 50+ rating and a spacious basket holds everything.
- Adjustable Stroller: The seat can be forward-facing or parent-facing and independent back and leg adjustments make it fully customizable for your child up to 55 lbs. A telescopic handlebar can be adjusted for all heights with the push of a button.
- Customized Comfort: Adjust your child’s position on the go with the one-hand multi-position recline, including a near-flat position. When it’s time to go, simply use the one-handed fold feature to easily store your stroller in most trunks.
- All-Terrain Wheels: Move seamlessly from playground to sidewalk with puncture-proof wheels and soft all-wheel suspension for easy strolling and uninterrupted naps. Dining out is a breeze since the stroller seat aligns with most table heights.
The Cybex Balios S Lux Stroller is a standard single stroller for children from six months up to 55 pounds. It has a telescopic adjustable handlebar for tall parents that can be changed to suit all parents and caregivers.
Its reversible seat can be forward or parent-facing. Turn it into a travel system for younger infants by adding the Cybex infant car seat or Cot S, both sold separately.
The child seat has a multi-position recline, including an almost flat position for naps. A large sun canopy protects your little one, and a large storage basket is very useful for doing errands when you’re out and about.
Parents like its sturdy wheels and all-terrain smooth handling. However, some find it bulky when folded, and it’s on the heavy side compared to other strollers. Still, if you’re looking for a stroller that suits tall parents, this is a reasonably priced choice to consider.
Material: Silver, Polyester | Handle Bar Height: 43 inches | Maximum Weight Recommendation: 55 pounds
View on Amazon | View on Walmart.com | View on Target.com
If you’re looking for more ways to save your back while you’re out and about, check out some of these helpful stroller accessories for tall parents.
Unfortunately, universal handlebar extenders for strollers are hard to find, but there are a couple of things on the market that you can try.
If you own a Peg Perego Booklet 50, Book Cross, Booklet, or Book Pop Up Stroller, you have the option of using these Peg Perego Stroller Handle Extensions.
- Made In Italy
- Allow for extra space for parents feet
- Connect easily to frame, just remove handle, insert extension and replace handle
- Adds an extra 5.75″ in height
Use them on the bottom of the frame to create more leg clearance under the handlebar. Use them on the handlebar to extend it up to 5.75 inches.
If you have a Mountain Buggy, you can buy a replacement handle for the MB mini and the Swift, extending your handlebar height to almost 42 inches.
If your umbrella stroller is too short for you, try these Origin8 Compe Lite Bar Ends. These should extend your umbrella stroller handles by several inches. Be warned, however, that despite being universal, they still may not fit every brand of stroller.
- Lightweight alloy construction
- Forged clamp
- Available in short (ski bend) or long (L bend)
- Outdoors recreation product
If your stroller brand doesn’t make an extension handlebar and you’re looking for a universal stroller handle extender, the products from Handle Extender provide up to eight extra inches of foot clearance. Their products are made in the USA and are worth a look.
Do you find yourself bending down a lot to reach the diaper bag which may be hanging low under the handlebars? Are you constantly straining to reach for something you need in the bottom storage basket?
Another back-saving idea for tall parents is a universal parent organizer for all of your essentials that you can easily access without having to stoop or bend.
The Momcozy Universal Stroller Organizer keeps all your important items close at hand near the top of your handlebars. Its adjustable Velcro straps allow you to attach it to almost any size and configuration of stroller handles.
- [Structured Stroller Organizer] Internal multi-functional partition design, with 2 insulated cup holders, plenty of pockets, easy to organize, say goodbye to messy, placing items more hierarchical.
- [Large Capacity] Provides enough space for you to stash all of those must-have essentials, from cup holders, phone slots, wallet pockets, and other secure places for your most essential belongings.
- [Versatile Bag] With a detachable wristlet pocket to take your most needed items with you. You can also remove the entire organizer from the stroller and wear it over your shoulder using the included straps.
- [Easy to Use and Clean] Set up in minutes, easy to maintain and clean, helps prevent staining, and makes dirt residue easy to remove.
It includes two insulated cup holders, a phone and wallet pocket, and a detachable wristlet to keep your valuables close. Then, when you’ve reached your destination, just slip it off the handles and wear it as a bag with the included straps. Very clever!
If you have a wide double stroller, this Ethan & Emma Double Stroller Organizer is a universal organizer that can fit across your handlebars.
- TAKE EVERYTHING YOU NEED WITH YOU! As a mom, we understand you have a lot of “stuff” to cart around for you and your sweet babies— toys, sippy cups, books, keys, phones, drinks, snacks, diapers, etc… We created the ultimate Stroller Organizer just for you, to help make your walks around town, trips to the airport, and shopping excursions easier! Have everything you need in one easy-to-find spot with our Ethan & Emma deluxe stroller organizer!
- PERFECT ORGANIZER FOR YOUR BUSY LIFE! As a chic and important mom, we want to make your job a little easier. With our premium stroller organizer, everything you need has a perfect spot to keep things organized, clean, and “Right where you need, When you need it!”
- GIVE THE PERFECT BABY SHOWER GIFT! Are you looking to give the ultimate, thoughtful baby shower gift? If so, you have found the “right” product. Our Ethan & Emma stroller organizer is a gift that will make any mom’s life easier and more organized! Not only will it fit a double stroller but the extension straps can be removed to fit a single stroller too.
- PREMIUM. PERFORMANCE. PERFECTION! We know the incredibly important role you play as a mommie, and we promise to only provide you with the best. At Ethan & Emma, we believe in premium materials, top performance, and perfection in design.
It also includes a cup holder and phone and wallet pockets, keeping all the things you reach for most right at your fingertips without having to bend down to rummage in the diaper bag.
Finally, for a budget organizer that folds with your stroller, check out the Disney Baby by J.L. Childress Cargo N’ Drinks Parent Tray universal stroller organizer. It has cup holders and space for your phone, wallet and essentials, and it’s lightweight with a fun Disney print.
- DISNEY MAGIC: Best-selling stroller accessories by J.L. Childress, now feature a touch of Disney! For over 30 years, J.L. Childress accessories have kept parents organized during adventures big and small. From our family to yours… Travel happy! Officially licensed Disney product.
- UNIVERSAL STORAGE: Attaches to all stroller styles, including umbrella strollers. Interior cell phone pocket keeps phone upright and easy-to-see. Exterior zippered pocket is large enough for diaper and wipes or valuables such as keys and sunglasses.
- FOLDS WITH STROLLER: No metal or plastic components that can crack or break.
- CUP HOLDERS: Two insulated cup holders.
Types of Strollers for Tall Parents
Certain types of strollers may be more comfortable and accommodating for tall parents and caregivers than others. Consider the following when you’re stroller shopping:
Will a Stroller with Higher Handlebars Really Make a Difference?
The early days of parenting are so physically taxing. New mothers are recovering from birth or surgery. All parents and caregivers are dealing with sleep disruption and the physical burden of bending down to pick up and carry your baby countless times a day.
With all the bending, lifting, and carrying you’ll already be doing, the last thing you need is a stroller that’s hard to push because it’s too low for you, or one that makes you hunch to reach it. This can lead to more stress on your already stressed-out back.
Luckily, there are many strollers on the market with adjustable handlebars to make this one area a little easier for the tall parent. It’s worth doing your research to find the right stroller that will be comfortable for your baby and for you.
How to Choose the Best Stroller for Tall Parents
When shopping for a stroller that suits your height, look for these features:
|Height of handlebar|
|Distance of foot clearance|
|Adjustable handlebar height|
|Ease of extension|
|Height of child seat|
|Position of parent tray and storage|
When choosing your stroller, also think about how often and where you’ll be using it. If you’re likely to use it every day, it’s worth investing in one that is comfortable for your height.
What is the average height of a stroller’s handle?
Stroller handles and handlebars can be anywhere from 33 to 44 inches on average. Some strollers extend beyond this up to 48 or even 50 inches.
For taller people, handle heights of 40 inches and above tend to be more comfortable, depending on your height and the length of your stride.
Can I just make my own handle extenders?
While there are disappointingly few options for universal handlebar extension and few brands make their own extenders, you should not alter your stroller handles yourself.
Any adjustments you make to a stroller using parts that are not meant for or compatible with it can result in injury to you or your child. Alterations can affect handbrakes or damage the handlebar, folding mechanism, or frame.
If handlebar height is an issue for you, it’s better to go out and test some strollers before you buy. Always follow the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines on purchasing safe strollers.
The 4 Best Pull-Ups with Velcro Sides of 2023
Pull-ups with velcro sides make potty training easy! We’ve done the research and found the best ones for your little one.
11 Organic Snacks Kids (and Parents) Will Love!
There are lots of snacks you can feel good about giving your kids. Start with this solid selection of organic snacks for kids (and parents) to get you started!
The 5 Best Teething Mittens of 2023
Looking for the best teething mittens for your baby? Here are our top picks, which are sure to delight your little one and soothe their sore gums!